Flyweight 125lbs to 135 61.2 9.6 Male / Female

Bantamweight 135lbs to 145lbs. Max limit 68kg Male / Female

Featherweight 145lbs to 155lbs 70.3kg Male

Lightweight 155lbs to 170lbs 77.1kg Male

Welterweight 170lbs to 185lbs 83.9 Male

Middleweight 185lbs to 205lbs 93kg Male

Light Heavyweight 205lbs to 230lbs 102.1kg Male

Heavyweight 230 lbs to 265lbs

I just think instead of the 225lb limit for LHW it should be raised to 230lbs and HW 265lbs should be raised to 305lbs.

Just remember they outlawed weight cutting and test against it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ONE_Championship

Last edited:
So basically you want to add a weight class even lower than 125 which makes sense since 125 was such a draw and split an already shallow heavyweight division in 2?

giphy.gif

Has anyone actually overseen this testing or are we just taking their word for it?

Atomweight 115 52.2 8.2 Female
Strawweight 125 56.7 8.9 Male / Female
Flyweight 135 61.2 9.6 Male / Female
Bantamweight 145 65.8 10.4 Male / Female

I just think instead of the 225lb limit for LHW it should be raised to 230lbs and HW 265lbs should be raised to 275lbs.

so at WW, you can weigh in between 170-185? that's a huge weight difference. you're going to have much larger guys fighting much smaller guys. seems the weight difference needs to be much closer.

Atomweight 115 52.2 8.2 Female
Strawweight 125 56.7 8.9 Male / Female
Flyweight 135 61.2 9.6 Male / Female
Bantamweight 145 65.8 10.4 Male / Female

I just think instead of the 225lb limit for LHW it should be raised to 230lbs and HW 265lbs should be raised to 275lbs.

No way. Your rules would make it illegal for guys like Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, Wandy, Igor Vovchanchyn, and prime Cro Cop to fight at HW. Fedor himself would have been banned from HW in later parts of his career. Dentay Wilder, George Foreman, and Mike Tyson would be banned from competing at HW.. Anyone who's 200 + lbs and wants to prove they're the best in the world should be allowed to do it.

Even if you allowed smaller guys to fight at HW, just no. It would split the division in half and no one would ever truly know who the best fighter in the world is. Even now, it could have been Jon Jones for the past several years and no one knows for sure. An entire weight class that sucks up guys like Stipe, Cain, and JDS, and separates them from Brock, Ngannou, and Black Beast... No. Fans pay to know who the best in the world is. That takes all the excitement out of it.

So basically you want to add a weight class even lower than 125 which makes sense since 125 was such a draw and split an already shallow heavyweight division in 2?
No way. Your rules would make it illegal for guys like Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, Wandy, Igor Vovchanchyn, and prime Cro Cop to fight at HW. Fedor himself would have been banned from HW in later parts of his career. Dentay Wilder, George Foreman, and Mike Tyson would be banned from competing at HW.. Anyone who's 200 + lbs and wants to prove they're the best in the world should be allowed to do it.

Even if you allowed smaller guys to fight at HW, just no. It would split the division in half and no one would ever truly know who the best fighter in the world is. Even now, it could have been Jon Jones for the past several years and no one knows for sure. An entire weight class that sucks up guys like Stipe, Cain, and JDS, and separates them from Brock, Ngannou, and Black Beast... No. Fans pay to know who the best in the world is. That takes all the excitement out of it.
They are not banned from fighting up in weight classes. Aun La Nsang held titles in two divisions and fought at heavyweight even if he's a middleweight. Angela Lee moved up to challenge Xiong Jing Nan. They're just banned from cutting weight to move down.

They are not banned from fighting up in weight classes. Aun La Nsang held titles in two divisions and fought at heavyweight even if he's a middleweight. Angela Lee moved up to challenge Xiong Jing Nan. They're just banned from cutting weight to move down.
Can you imagine Dan Henderson trying to weigh 230 lbs? Cro Cop at 230 + lbs was slow and sluggish. Not everyone can or should be 230 lbs. Cutting the HW division in half just means lots of guys can't even fight at HW if they want to, and the fans will never know who the best fighter in the world is.

Let's pretend a 205 lb man is allowed to fight in the 231 + lb division though..

Imagine JDS/ Ngannou/ Black Beast/ Cain/ Brock all never fighting each other except in super fights because they're in separate divisions. Can you imagine 3 divisions -- 1 with champ Jon Jones, 1 with champ Stipe, and another with champ Ngannou. Who the fuck would be considered the best in the world (baddest man on the planet)??? That would be awful and it would destroy the legitimacy of the HW title.

Can you imagine Dan Henderson trying to weigh 230 lbs? Cro Cop at 230 + lbs was slow and sluggish. Not everyone can or should be 230 lbs. Cutting the HW division in half just means lots of guys can't even fight at HW if they want to, and the fans will never know who the best fighter in the world is.

Let's pretend a 205 lb man is allowed to fight in the 231 + lb division though..

Imagine JDS/ Ngannou/ Black Beast/ Cain/ Brock all never fighting each other except in super fights because they're in separate divisions. Can you imagine 3 divisions -- 1 with champ Jon Jones, 1 with champ Stipe, and another with champ Ngannou. Who the fuck would be considered the best in the world (baddest man on the planet)??? That would be awful and it would destroy the legitimacy of the HW title.
I dont think you understand what im saying. You're allowed to fight in heavyweight even if youre not 225 lbs, but youre not allowed to fight in LHW if you're over 225. Im not saying its right or wrong what they're doing, im just saying you have the facts wrong.

Brandon Vera is around 225 and he's the HW champ. He also challenged for the LHW (225) belt not long ago.

Aung La NSang is the LHW champ and he's 205 (Lost the Middleweight belt recently).

I dont think you understand what im saying. You're allowed to fight in heavyweight even if youre not 225 lbs, but youre not allowed to fight in LHW if you're over 225. Im not saying its right or wrong what they're doing, im just saying you have the facts wrong.

Brandon Vera is around 225 and he's the HW champ.
I understand completely. That's why I said:

Imagine JDS/ Ngannou/ Black Beast/ Cain/ Brock all never fighting each other except in super fights because they're in separate divisions. Can you imagine 3 divisions -- 1 with champ Jon Jones, 1 with champ Stipe, and another with champ Ngannou. You end up with 3 separate guys who can all claim to be the baddest man on the planet. Who the fuck would be considered the best in the world (baddest man on the planet)??? That would be awful and it would destroy the legitimacy of the HW title.

This is one the things that destroyed boxing. Having weight classes that cut divisions in half that should be 1 division. Then individual titles don't mean you're a real champion. If you break up HW sized fighters into 3 different divisions (205, 230, HW) then the HW belt doesn't mean you're really the HW champion, the baddest man on the planet, anymore.

IMO, if you're a 240 lb guy, then for the sport's sake, you have to fight any sized guy. You can't cut to 230 lbs and fight only guys your own size. You're big enough to have to fight the biggest and baddest men on the planet and prove yourself with them. For the sake of the fans, if that.

WMMA Atomweight div in the UFC already exists. TS is not adding a weight class.

WMMA Atomweight div in the UFC already exists. TS is not adding a weight class.
Yeah but all current 115 fighters would have to move up to 125 (Except maybe Penne, Waterson and Loma). So they would need to add 105 pounders from Invicta.
I understand completely. That's why I said:

Imagine JDS/ Ngannou/ Black Beast/ Cain/ Brock all never fighting each other except in super fights because they're in separate divisions. Can you imagine 3 divisions -- 1 with champ Jon Jones, 1 with champ Stipe, and another with champ Ngannou. You end up with 3 separate guys who can all claim to be the baddest man on the planet. Who the fuck would be considered the best in the world (baddest man on the planet)??? That would be awful and it would destroy the legitimacy of the HW title.

This is one the things that destroyed boxing. Having weight classes that cut divisions in half that should be 1 division. Then individual titles don't mean you're a real champion. If you break up HW sized fighters into 3 different divisions (205, 230, HW) then the HW belt doesn't mean you're really the HW champion, the baddest man on the planet, anymore.
I understand you. Im just saying there would be no reason why Stipe would have to fight at 225. He could just fight in HW if he wanted to.

Yeah but all current 115 fighters would have to move up to 125 (Except maybe Penne, Waterson and Loma). So they would need to add 105 pounders from Invicta.

I understand you. Im just saying there would be no reason why Stipe would have to fight at 225. He could just fight in HW if he wanted to.
Lots of guys at 205 could fight at HW if they wanted to. 225, lots of guys would want to do that. You'd lose like half the HW division into 3 separate divisions if you include 205 with 225. I understand that many smaller HW fighters want to do that. But for the sake of the fans and the sport, fuck what the fighters want.

Lots of guys at 205 could fight at HW if they wanted to. 225, lots of guys would want to do that. You'd lose like half the HW division into 3 separate divisions if you include 205 with 225. I understand that many smaller HW fighters want to do that. But for the sake of the fans and the sport, fuck what the fighters want.
I think you have the wrong idea there. I'd say, fuck what the fans want. It's their livelyhood. If MMA wants to be a legitimate sport, they need to stop this bullshit with prize fighting and manipulated rankings to fit their agenda.

If you just want to be entertained, I recommend NJPW.

Back