One Championship weight classes should be adopted by the UFC

I think you have the wrong idea there. I'd say, fuck what the fans want. It's their livelyhood. If MMA wants to be a legitimate sport, they need to stop this bullshit with prize fighting and manipulated rankings to fit their agenda.

If you just want to be entertained, I recommend NJPW.
I'm a fan, so I'm on the fans' side. And I pay the bills so... bring in the sharks with laser beams on their heads.

No way. Your rules would make it illegal for guys like Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, Wandy, Igor Vovchanchyn, and prime Cro Cop to fight at HW. Fedor himself would have been banned from HW in later parts of his career. Dentay Wilder, George Foreman, and Mike Tyson would be banned from competing at HW.. Anyone who's 200 + lbs and wants to prove they're the best in the world should be allowed to do it.

Even if you allowed smaller guys to fight at HW, just no. It would split the division in half and no one would ever truly know who the best fighter in the world is. Even now, it could have been Jon Jones for the past several years and no one knows for sure. An entire weight class that sucks up guys like Stipe, Cain, and JDS, and separates them from Brock, Ngannou, and Black Beast... No. Fans pay to know who the best in the world is. That takes all the excitement out of it.

Those old guys would be destroyed today at HW. No elite HW is below 230lbs.
So basically you want to add a weight class even lower than 125 which makes sense since 125 was such a draw and split an already shallow heavyweight division in 2?
That weight class below is for women only
Has anyone actually overseen this testing or are we just taking their word for it?

It is legit. They do same day weigh ins and dehydradtion tests. Joe Rogan has talked avout it along with Ben Askren they do other stuff you literally cannot cheat it.
No. The only good thing is the weightcut dehydration thing.

If you do that then you get the divisions I proposed and One Championship has
Can you imagine Dan Henderson trying to weigh 230 lbs? Cro Cop at 230 + lbs was slow and sluggish. Not everyone can or should be 230 lbs. Cutting the HW division in half just means lots of guys can't even fight at HW if they want to, and the fans will never know who the best fighter in the world is.

Let's pretend a 205 lb man is allowed to fight in the 231 + lb division though..

Imagine JDS/ Ngannou/ Black Beast/ Cain/ Brock all never fighting each other except in super fights because they're in separate divisions. Can you imagine 3 divisions -- 1 with champ Jon Jones, 1 with champ Stipe, and another with champ Ngannou. Who the fuck would be considered the best in the world (baddest man on the planet)??? That would be awful and it would destroy the legitimacy of the HW title.

You are just an old guy stuck in the past. All top HW clear 230lbs
Fedor got KO by a MW and in his prime always cleared 230lbs.

I'm a fan, so I'm on the fans' side. And I pay the bills so...
So what you're basically saying is, just because you pay for watching NFL, you should have a saying in who should play in the super bowl? Hey, I dont like the Chiefs, lets throw the Cowboys in there even if they're 1-5-1.

So what you're basically saying is, just because you pay for watching NFL, you should have a saying in who should play in the super bowl? Hey, I dont like the Chiefs, lets throw the Cowboys in there even if they're 1-5-1.
I'm saying if the NFL gives the players razor blades in their hands and removes all protective equipment.. also each team has to field a midget. I'll pay for it.

Atomweight 115 52.2 8.2 Female
Strawweight 125 56.7 8.9 Male / Female
Flyweight 135 61.2 9.6 Male / Female
Bantamweight 145 65.8 10.4 Male / Female

Featherweight 145lbs to 155lbs 70.3kg Male

Lightweight 155lbs to 170lbs 77.1kg Male

Welterweight 170lbs to 185lbs 83.9 Male

Middleweight 185lbs to 205lbs 93kg Male

Light Heavyweight 205lbs to 230lbs 102.1kg Male

Heavyweight 230 lbs to 265lbs

I just think instead of the 225lb limit for LHW it should be raised to 230lbs and HW 265lbs should be raised to 275lbs.

Just remember they outlawed weight cutting and test against it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ONE_Championship

There should be no limit to heavyweight. It's ridiculous.

There should be no limit to heavyweight. It's ridiculous.

I could agree with that too. But the entry to HW should be 230lbs then minimum.

And for the health of fighters and profesionalism Weight cutting should be elimiminated and we need LESS weight classes

Atomweight 115 52.2 8.2 Female
Strawweight 125 56.7 8.9 Male / Female
Flyweight 135 61.2 9.6 Male / Female
Bantamweight 145 65.8 10.4 Male / Female

I just think instead of the 225lb limit for LHW it should be raised to 230lbs and HW 265lbs should be raised to 275lbs.

I'd definitely be down for "splitting up" HW and LHW a bit: to my mind, some of the best ever HW's have been in that golden 230-ish range. Let the fat/gigantically muscled guys fight eachother, but don't make solidly-built guys weighing 30 pounds less fight against them. It would be comedic to do that to any other weight class (proportionately).

No way. Your rules would make it illegal for guys like Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, Wandy, Igor Vovchanchyn, and prime Cro Cop to fight at HW. Fedor himself would have been banned from HW in later parts of his career. Dentay Wilder, George Foreman, and Mike Tyson would be banned from competing at HW.. Anyone who's 200 + lbs and wants to prove they're the best in the world should be allowed to do it.

Even if you allowed smaller guys to fight at HW, just no. It would split the division in half and no one would ever truly know who the best fighter in the world is. Even now, it could have been Jon Jones for the past several years and no one knows for sure. An entire weight class that sucks up guys like Stipe, Cain, and JDS, and separates them from Brock, Ngannou, and Black Beast... No. Fans pay to know who the best in the world is. That takes all the excitement out of it.

What One Championship did already exists
I'd definitely be down for "splitting up" HW and LHW a bit: to my mind, some of the best ever HW's have been in that golden 230-ish range. Let the fat/gigantically muscled guys fight eachother, but don't make solidly-built guys weighing 30 pounds less fight against them. It would be comedic to do that to any other weight class (proportionately).

I want less divisions. In my opinion too many divisions weakens the sport along with too many rules.

However, weight cutting is archaic and stupid and inefficient for the body and does NOT give fighters today an edge since most of them just damage their body doing it. Weight cutting can and should be banned and all experts agree on this.

Most WW for example weigh between 170lbs to 185lbs or 195lbs on fight night.

In One Championship weight cutting is eliminated by checking weight days before the fight several times during the week and then same day weigh in and DEHYDRATION tests which prevent cheating. Ben Askren was on the Joe Rogan show and talked about how he realized there is no way to cheat the tests they do.

What you get then in One championship is a WW division were all fighters weight between 170lbs and 185lbs on fight night and the WEIGHT max is 185lbs. A more efficient division.

I just feel One Championship should do away with their 265lb limit MAX and that the LHW max weight should be 230lbs.

Larger men and divisions can afford larger weight gaps. Or if anything put the HW limit at 300lbs

Last edited:
No thanks, even with the weight cutting restrictions fighters in One FC still have a huge size advantage.
AAA_2062-768x544.jpg

No thanks, even with the weight cutting restrictions fighters in One FC still have a huge size advantage.
AAA_2062-768x544.jpg

If those two are in the same weight class it is entirely because they weigh similar to each other. Arguments AGAINST banning weight cutting are retarded and poorly layed out.

You wont ever get HEIGHT limits

So it’s basically same weight classes except you change the names and add few extra?

amazing!

One Championship did this and eliminated weight cutting

Atomweight 115lbs LIMIT52.2 8.2 Female
Strawweight 115lbs to 125lbs 56.7 8.9 Male / Female
Flyweight 125lbs to 135 61.2 9.6 Male / Female

Bantamweight 135lbs to 145lbs. Max limit 68kg Male / Female

That's dumb enough for Trump to endorse.

Reading this thread shows just how retarded some of Sherdog is. They really can't wrap their minds around how the same numbers with different names are the same thing. Effectively, the only change is a "cruiserweight" division, but with all the names changed

Half of people here replying would be the type who would bankrupt the 1/3 pound burger cuz they think it's smaller than a 1/4 pound burger. If I wasn't on my phone, I'd multi-quote the first page and start teaching middle school again

Last edited:
So it’s basically same weight classes except you change the names and add few extra?

amazing!

Yes but it eliminates weight cutting so the fighters are 100% and more efficient and it also puts in place a CAP a MAX limit for each weight class. Which currently does not exist in effect given that fighters cut weight to weigh in at the MAX of their weight class and then gain back water weight and weigh in at above the MAX of the above weight class.

WW are really supposed to be anywhere between 155lbs to 170lbs yet all WW are weighing in at 168lbs to 171lbs at Weigh In´s and then are weighing in at fight night at 175lbs to 195lbs sometimes even.

What I am proposing is what One Championship is doing which is

Same day weigh ins, and day before weigh ins to measure, and then hydration tests to scientifically prevent weight cutting. So going forward all WW would legit not be more than 185lbs on fight night and not less then 170lbs.

I am merely proposing the UFC adopt that but raise the LHW limit from 225lbs to 230lbs and the HW from 265lbs to 275lbs or no HW limit

One Championship did this and eliminated weight cutting

Atomweight 115lbs LIMIT52.2 8.2 Female
Strawweight 115lbs to 125lbs 56.7 8.9 Male / Female
Flyweight 125lbs to 135 61.2 9.6 Male / Female

Bantamweight 135lbs to 145lbs. Max limit 68kg Male / Female

They have closed weighins. There needs to be more transparency into what they are doing.

I am merely proposing the UFC adopt that but raise the LHW limit from 225lbs to 230lbs and the HW from 265lbs to 275lbs or no HW limit

Agree on banning weight cutting, dont agree on changing divisions. Honestly i would let all divisions stay same so everyone would go up 1 or 2 divisions.
Point of HW is that mass is weapon and that there are different tactics depending on opposition. They should drop upper limit on HW.

Reading this thread shows just how retarded some of Sherdog is. They really can't wrap their minds around how the same numbers with different names are the same thing. Effectively, the only change is a "cruiserweight" division, but with all the names changed

Half of people here replying would be the type who would bankrupt the 1/3 pound burger cuz they think it's smaller than a 1/4 pound burger. If I wasn't on my phone, I'd multi-quote the first page and start teaching middle school again

Exactly this place is filled with idiots. They also cannot wrap their heads around how weight cutting is inefficient and an outdated method that no longer offers a benefit and can be banned with same day weigh in´s and hydration tests, and week checks.

These same people are the ones who said the UFC would never adopt USADA style drug testing or have random testing. These same people also said the UFC would never adopt more liberal rules which they did (like knees to the head of a not fully downed opponent or kidney kicks etc) or clavicle grabbing.

I know One championship has the right idea because FIGHTERS support it along with medical experts and then involved people like Joe Rogan. I am just saying if and WHEN the UFC adopts this they should raise the LHW limit to 230lbs or even 235lbs and make HW a true HW division and have NO 265lb limit or make the limit 300lbs or something.

Back