ONE Championship: A New Era is really cool

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lightweight 77 kg Eduard Folayang (c) vs. Shinya Aoki For the ONE Lightweight Championship
Strawweight 57 kg Xiong Jingnan (c) vs. Angela Lee For the ONE Women's Strawweight Championship
Middleweight 93 kg Aung La Nsang (c) vs. Ken Hasegawa For The ONE Middleweight Championship
Featherweight 70 kg Yodsanklai Fairtex vs. Andy Souwer Kickboxing Featherweight Grand-Prix Quarter-Finals
Flyweight 61 kg Demetrious Johnson vs. Yuya Wakamatsu Flyweight Grand-Prix Quarter-Finals
Lightweight 77 kg Eddie Alvarez vs. Timofey Nastyukhin Flyweight Grand-Prix Quarter-Finals

Lol it just seems criminally wrong that DJ is going to fight even worse comp than before.....

DJ is fighting a guy who is 1-2 in his last 3 against nobodies...

Lol it just seems criminally wrong that DJ is going to fight even worse comp than before.....

DJ is fighting a guy who is 1-2 in his last 3 against nobodies...
God you're uneducated.

Wakamatsu went an unprecedented 8-0 in Pancrase with 7 KOs leading to his title shot with Ikeda. It was Wakamatsu's first 5 round fight, and unfortunately, he gassed himself out in round 4 trying to finish Ikeda. This allowed Ikeda to come back and finish him in round 5.

For Wakamatsu's comeback fight against flyweight legend Mamoru Yamaguchi, both Tenshin Nasukawa and Chatri Sityodtong were in attendance to scout him for ONEFc -- which they did.

Wakamatsu was heavily favored to win his ONE debut against Kingad, and it was a razor close decision.

You are basically a moron if you don't think Wakamatsu is as good as guys like Wilson Reis.

Sherdoggers: Watch Wakamatsu's KO against Furumaki if you want to see what an A level athlete looks like.

Really? Yodsanklai Fairtex vs Andy Souwer? Is this 2009 and not 2019?

subtle UFC dying thread?

It's a nice card, I don't care for the kickboxing though.

it's way better than a UFN tbh.

I'm actually impressed by ONE FC performance here.

God you're uneducated.

Wakamatsu went an unprecedented 8-0 in Pancrase with 7 KOs leading to his title shot with Ikeda. It was Wakamatsu's first 5 round fight, and unfortunately, he gassed himself out in round 4 trying to finish Ikeda. This allowed Ikeda to come back and finish him in round 5.

For Wakamatsu's comeback fight against flyweight legend Mamoru Yamaguchi, both Tenshin Nasukawa and Chatri Sityodtong were in attendance to scout him for ONEFc -- which they did.

Wakamatsu was heavily favored to win his ONE debut against Kingad, and it was a razor close decision.

You are basically a moron if you don't think Wakamatsu is as good as guys like Wilson Reis.

Sherdoggers: Watch Wakamatsu's KO against Furumaki if you want to see what an A level athlete looks like.
You're such an endless critic.

That said, you're fucking retarded if you think his matchup makes even a little sense.

Overrated Asian fighters are almost always overrated. I get it. It's literally always been this way with a few legit guys like prime Gomi, Okami and a few others.

I remember when Korean Superboy was gonna KO everyone then couldn't beat shot Cub Swanson and got murdered by Stephens.

How much you betting on your boy to beat MM since it's silly for me to think this guy has no business fighting MM? MM will make this guy look average.

These guys you list as being amazing are guys with he most padded records ffs.... Bunch of wins over dudes with no wiki page ffs

That said, you're fucking retarded if you think his matchup makes even a little sense.

Overrated Asian fighters are almost always overrated. I get it. It's literally always been this way with a few legit guys like prime Gomi, Okami and a few others.

I remember when Korean Superboy was gonna KO everyone then couldn't beat shot Cub Swanson and got murdered by Stephens.

How much you betting on your boy to beat MM since it's silly for me to think this guy has no business fighting MM? MM will make this guy look average.

These guys you list as being amazing are guys with he most padded records ffs.... Bunch of wins over dudes with no wiki page ffs
What a Sherdog post. “Herp derp no wiki page derp!”

It’s a quarterfinal of a tournament. The better fighters are all gonna have easy fights the first round. Why? To ensure the later rounds have better, tougher matchups. It’s called seeding. If the average mma fan ever bothered to watch other, non niche sports, you might understand this concept.

Of course MM will likely destroy him. But MM has been destroying the best fighters in the world for the past 5 years.

My point is that Wakamatsu is no joke. He may not win this fight, and he may be 1-2 in his last 3 fights, but he is one of the best flyweights on the planet.

You can't just lump him into the "random Japanese" fighter category. The flyweights in Japan right now are killers. Motoya just dominated Scoggins. Wada (who fights in two weeks), dominated UFC's Kai Kara France.

What can I say, I am a lover of MMA, and a hater of the idiots who call themselves MMA fans. Please don't celebrate your ignorance.

Is lightweight 77 kg??
Its what many lightweights would weigh at if they didn't kill themselves to make 70kg. I cant remember exactly how to break it down but Onefc have this system where they don't allow fights to cut too much weight (so no weight bullying) and they can check if athletes are dehydrated.

Its what many lightweights would weigh at if they didn't kill themselves to make 70kg. I cant remember exactly how to break it down but Onefc have this system where they don't allow fights to cut too much weight (so no weight bullying) and they can check if athletes are dehydrated.
Thanx. Sounds awesome

Back