One arm chest press

ItalianTiger

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Whats up guys, I was wondering how effective is the one arm chest press on a stability ball? I am new to the exercise and just added it to my routine today, I started out with a light weight of 20 lbs. (just to get the form down right). I was planning on increasing the weight by 5 or 10 lbs each week. How much will this help me as far as strength training goes?

I've also added in renegade rows, one arm rows, d-bell clean and presses, and d-bell swings to my weekly routine (I change up my routine every week).

Also what are some other exercises that can give me some awesome strength gains (besides the benchpress, deadlift, etc.). I am always eager to learn new things and I love adding new workouts to my routine. :D

Oh and also, i'm new to this forum but I have been a fan of sherdog for awhile lol it's about time that I signed up to these boards haha, the name's Mitch. :icon_chee

Do them in the squat rack for safety. For added core strength, balance the ball on the flat side of a BOSU.

He;s being sarcastic, that exercise sounds ridiculous.

The 1-arm bench press is a great exercise. Lose the stability ball and quadruple the weight and you'll be good to go.

I've also added in renegade rows, one arm rows, d-bell clean and presses, and d-bell swings to my weekly routine (I change up my routine every week).

Gooooooood man!

But... You don't also execute those on a stability ball as well, do you?

My favorite lifts are the 2 db clean and press and the one db clean and press.

Get off the stability ball. Your don't need that shit.

Just get on a bench and press up as much weight as you can one armed.
Sometimes I hold an equal weighted db in the other hand for a little more balance, other times not.

Get off the stability ball. Your don't need that shit.

Just get on a bench and press up as much weight as you can one armed.
Sometimes I hold an equal weighted db in the other hand for a little more balance, other times not.

Go with the not. If you do that, you might as well press them both at the same time. Using one at a time forces you to use your core to stabilize and stay on the bench

I read all the MMA mags, so I am not sure which one it was, but this was in last months edition. But unless you are at your max strength levels already, get to that point or close to it first.

I LOVE one arm dumb bell and bar bell press. In fact, I used it as a substitute for the conventional bench for a couple of months.

First, get rid of the Bosu ball, your asking for an injury.

Second, do not use your free hand to hold onto anything, be it yourself, the bench etc. This will force you to use your core to stabilize the weight.

Lastly, have fun! The hardest part (for me anyways) was kicking back without falling off the bench. At my best, I could do 120x6 on DB, and 135x1 on a BB.

Back