On Today’s Episode of “Is It Racist?”

yeah I was actually taken aback, she’s on roids and her physique and rage show it. To portray her as overweight was a bit much imo.
She could be on steroids. I don't know that for sure though. I don't really follow tennis, so I don't know how prolific PEDs are in the sport. Maybe everyone does them, maybe only her, maybe no one really does it. From what little I know, she seems like she's the most dominant female player to ever play the game. She might be the most dominant player ever, regardless of gender (which is a different thing than being the best player ever). The cartoon seem poorly executed though. A few tweaks could have removed all the controversy that the cartoonist didn't intend.

If that is racist, you pretty much can't write a comic that has a black person in it. Cause comic cartoons are only gonna resemble the person, it's not an exact portrait.

The Social Justice types simply do not want you to be critical of their own when they behave like Serena did. Calling everyone a racist and sexist is how they protect her.

I'll repost what I said in the Sports Bar:

Tbf you knew immediately who it was. That makes it a decent caricature imo. Does it not look like her?

I have to lmao because now it’s racist and sexist to depict Serena “with an exaggerated face and body.” Those are the exact words an article used. Literally the definition of a caricature is that they depict an exaggerated face and body.

Honestly, I don't think it's racist but that's a separate issue altogether. What's incredibly annoying is how much publicity her tantrum gets as some kind of women's rights statement vs how much her actual behavior on court and towards an umpire does. As a soccer fan, I cannot imagine a player saying a fucking word to the referee - they'll get a yellow or a straight red sometimes. As an athlete you need to understand that and abide by it. Does it suck? Yes. I've been sent off for telling a ref to go fuck himself before on occasions when I felt they fucked up. It's hard, especially if you're very competitive. But I've never seen a decision overturned after an athlete complained to the ref - ever. Moreover, that's besides the point - you should not be allowed to dis a referee as a matter of principle, as that then opens them up for indiscriminate abuse by everyone else. They make mistakes, some of them are corrupt or sexist or whatever. But the court or the field aren't the place where you get justice for any kind of slight. And you certainly should not be allowed to call them thieves straight up. She should have waited and made her opinion known after the match if she needed to. She also ruined that girl's victory, and, while she's under no obligation to partake in her celebration, it's a matter of class that you should not be a sore loser and a total dick - and on top of that to try to pass it off as some kind of woman's rights statement... Classless, entitled and pointless

It's a straight lift from the old blackface, and African caricatures of days gone by. It's definitely racist in intent, and execution.

It's also sexist. Notice how the man is portrayed in an elevated position looking down on both of the women, signifying his ultimate power over them.

It's so blatantly sexist, I can't even...

It's also sexist. Notice how the man is portrayed in an elevated position looking down on both of the women, signifying his ultimate power over them.

It's so blatantly sexist, I can't even...
What a stupid post. I know you're being facetious, but it's definitely not sexist.

However, it definitely is racist.

No its not

How is it racist.I posted her picture

She has a huge nose and lips and in the character shes making a crying face sticking it out further

Its racist only because you want to see it that way
It's sad that this needs to be explained, but I guess that's the state of race relations in the country.
The art style is reminiscent of Jim Crow era minstrel cartoons. Whether this is intentional or not from the illustrator is debatable, but it's going to conjure a very painful era for black people.

No, it isn't. It's called a caricature. Know your art fuckboi.

I really don't care, do you...

Honestly, I don't think it's racist but that's a separate issue altogether. What's incredibly annoying is how much publicity her tantrum gets as some kind of women's rights statement vs how much her actual behavior on court and towards an umpire does. As a soccer fan, I cannot imagine a player saying a fucking word to the referee - they'll get a yellow or a straight red sometimes. As an athlete you need to understand that and abide by it. Does it suck? Yes. I've been sent off for telling a ref to go fuck himself before on occasions when I felt they fucked up. It's hard, especially if you're very competitive. But I've never seen a decision overturned after an athlete complained to the ref - ever. Moreover, that's besides the point - you should not be allowed to dis a referee as a matter of principle, as that then opens them up for indiscriminate abuse by everyone else. They make mistakes, some of them are corrupt or sexist or whatever. But the court or the field aren't the place where you get justice for any kind of slight. And you certainly should not be allowed to call them thieves straight up. She should have waited and made her opinion known after the match if she needed to. She also ruined that girl's victory, and, while she's under no obligation to partake in her celebration, it's a matter of class that you should not be a sore loser and a total dick - and on top of that to try to pass it off as some kind of woman's rights statement... Classless, entitled and pointless
Acting shitty and entitled in Tennis isn't a trait that's monopolized by Serena.

Agassi and McEnroe for instance.

Thank god for 24/7 media, I learn such valuable things

It's sad that this needs to be explained, but I guess that's the state of race relations in the country.
The art style is reminiscent of Jim Crow era minstrel cartoons. Whether this is intentional or not from the illustrator is debatable, but it's going to conjure a very painful era for black people.

"How Higus draws cartoons of black people because having any features is racist"

25003698dc2f446b65119c2a7cfee4a0--face-template-drawing-people.jpg

"How Higus draws cartoons of black people because having any features is racist"

25003698dc2f446b65119c2a7cfee4a0--face-template-drawing-people.jpg
I actually like drawing and am up for the challenge. I just want to make sure you stfu if I go through with it.

On Today’s Episode of “Is It Racist?”: The answer is always yes

I actually like drawing and am up for the challenge. I just want to make sure you stfu if I go through with it.

Me too, I prefer charcoal. Spent a ton of time with them and have some of my work hanging in my house. I love the accents of shadows when i work with them and the different levels of shading. If you like art and drawing you shouldn't think this is racist, especially when its a caricature.

You could say that about any cartoon depiction of a black person

It doesnt make it true

Like I said I posted her picture. Shes a huge woman with a huge nose and huge lips already .... should the artist have white washed her ? Or maybe we cant mock her cuz shes black and special ?

This is bullshit

I see nothing racist other than making Osaka look like a white girl.
She threw a Cat5, even broke her racket, the cartoon is actually pretty spot on.

Back