On the brink: Gustafsson

Since everything you throw that makes the opponent react is scored Jones got alot of free points that night, kicks landing on shoulders and knees were counted as full damage shots, and alot of uppercuts and short blows landed by gustafsson were missed due to their close bodies obstructing the view.

After the fight when the damage was tallied it was clear who deserved to be champion, people denying this are just refusing to acknowledge how hurt Jones was. But all you need to do is ask his doctor.

It's all good, Gus is staying hungry and will damage Jones more and more every time they fight. The cokesnorting primadonna of a champion will fall hard and never be the same. It'll all be great fun :D

I lost count at how many times goldie and rogan were overreacting to shit. They were like "headkick!!!11!" When you can clearly see it hit alex's shoulder or forearm, over and over again.

Since everything you throw that makes the opponent react is scored Jones got alot of free points that night, kicks landing on shoulders and knees were counted as full damage shots, and alot of uppercuts and short blows landed by gustafsson were missed due to their close bodies obstructing the view.

After the fight when the damage was tallied it was clear who deserved to be champion, people denying this are just refusing to acknowledge how hurt Jones was. But all you need to do is ask his doctor.

It's all good, Gus is staying hungry and will damage Jones more and more every time they fight. The cokesnorting primadonna of a champion will fall hard and never be the same. It'll all be great fun :D

Haha.

I felt it was really close, and I don't really like Jones.

I don't think the majority is denying how close this fight was. It was more about the subjective scoring.

True.
And, like some have pointed out, maybe some judges see a flashy kick that hardly lands as something more scoring than good inside boxing?

its over for jj

gus by ko round 3 or 4

Gus could have dominated Jones but made 2 very huge mistakes.

Re-watch the fight and notice two things

1. Gus expends twice the energy Jones does. I think that is why he caught that elbow in the 4th but managed to dodge the rest. He is on the outside, constantly circling, often times running and repositioning while Jones is in the center, moving half as much and not resetting his position

2. Gus cannot eat 15 shins to the head. He got his hands up to block many more than that but he ate tons of kicks to the side of the head in the ear area. Those cost him points on the cards and took a toll on him over-all

I have watched the fight several times now I know Jones did in fact win. I was the biggest "Gus got robbed" guy for a long time but Jones definitely won. Gus COULD have dominated him though.

In the re-match if Gus manages to not expend double the energy as Jones during the fight he will be able to avoid eating so many shins to the ear, have enough to keep his TDD going strong and avoid the elbows.

IF he does that he will dominate Jones. If once again he is circling the outside, expending tons of energy, he will make the same fatigued mistakes and Jones will win.

But but .. bro just look how Jon's triceps connected with Gustaffson's forehead..it's like..like super devastating.

jon-jones-spinning-elbow.gif

You can clearly see it's his elbow that lands, and actually caused the gash on his head.

On the brink of another loss to Bones.

So many dumb haters on both sides of the Jones / Gus feud.

I mean realistically, neither man actually "won" that fight, that's as close to an unfinished fight as there has ever been. It was really a draw, but I understand why they gave it to Jones, he deserved it. Gustafsson deserved it, too, but Jones was already the champ and had Gustafsson rocked in the 4th, which makes a very good impression on the judges. Gus was in trouble in the 4th whereas Jones never seemed to get wobbled or rocked once in the fight.

Not sure why folks seem to think Gus is such a contender. Outside of his amazing fight with Jones, he doesn't actually have any victories over top guys. He beat an over-the-hill Shogun who is 1-4 in his last 5 and haven't won back to back since 2009, Thiago Silva who was coming off of testing positive to horse urine and was 2-1 before then, an over-the-hill Matyushenko in his second to last UFC fight, Matt Hamill, Te Huna, Manuwa...... I have never seen a gus fight and thought "this guy's a champion!!!"

I just think Jones underestimated Gus and didn't train properly. I think Johnson's gonna knock him out.

Didn't train properly? Is this a joke? He went hard for 5 rounds taking some hard shots along the way. I'm sure he trained very hard. Not to mention you think Jackson would let his golden boy slack off?

So many dumb haters on both sides of the Jones / Gus feud.

I mean realistically, neither man actually "won" that fight, that's as close to an unfinished fight as there has ever been. It was really a draw, but I understand why they gave it to Jones, he deserved it. Gustafsson deserved it, too, but Jones was already the champ and had Gustafsson rocked in the 4th, which makes a very good impression on the judges. Gus was in trouble in the 4th whereas Jones never seemed to get wobbled or rocked once in the fight.

Pretty much this.

All I know is that unless you're BFFs or part of Rumble's family, if you're an MMA fan...I expect you to be cheering for Gus. Nothing against Anthony, but we need some closure/continuation to the Jones/Gus business.

Back