On the brink: Gustafsson

Will do. Thanks.

Are most UFC fans deaf or were the subtitles just for Matt Hamill?
Alex is not that hard to understand.

"I'm going to prove that height doesn't really mean that much"- Jon Jones

Well, you totally proved us wrong Jon...:icon_lol:

jon-jones-ufc-165-post-fight-face.jpg

I don't see how anyone can watch that fight and think jones won. So many of the supposed shots he landed were just glancing blows.

Not sure why folks seem to think Gus is such a contender. Outside of his amazing fight with Jones, he doesn't actually have any victories over top guys. He beat an over-the-hill Shogun who is 1-4 in his last 5 and haven't won back to back since 2009, Thiago Silva who was coming off of testing positive to horse urine and was 2-1 before then, an over-the-hill Matyushenko in his second to last UFC fight, Matt Hamill, Te Huna, Manuwa...... I have never seen a gus fight and thought "this guy's a champion!!!"

I just think Jones underestimated Gus and didn't train properly. I think Johnson's gonna knock him out.

Not sure why folks seem to think Gus is such a contender. Outside of his amazing fight with Jones, he doesn't actually have any victories over top guys. He beat an over-the-hill Shogun who is 1-4 in his last 5 and haven't won back to back since 2009, Thiago Silva who was coming off of testing positive to horse urine and was 2-1 before then, an over-the-hill Matyushenko in his second to last UFC fight, Matt Hamill, Te Huna, Manuwa...... I have never seen a gus fight and thought "this guy's a champion!!!"

I just think Jones underestimated Gus and didn't train properly. I think Johnson's gonna knock him out.

Here comes the shortbus brigade. :icon_lol:

Watched it, looks great! Definitely better than a previous "Fight Flashback" video.

I don't see how anyone can watch that fight and think jones won. So many of the supposed shots he landed were just glancing blows.

But but .. bro just look how Jon's triceps connected with Gustaffson's forehead..it's like..like super devastating.

jon-jones-spinning-elbow.gif

I don't see how anyone can watch that fight and think Jones won. So many of the supposed shots he landed were just glancing blows.

All i remember from that fight is alot of kicks and stuffed takedowns from Jones, Alot of punches from Gus and one big elbow. it was close.

But but .. bro just look how Jone's triceps connected with Gustaffson's forehead..it's like..like super devastating.

jon-jones-spinning-elbow.gif

Gustafsson admitted himself that this shot rocked him in the OP video. He wasn't out on his feet though as he defended yet another takedown attempt from Jones just seconds after.

Gustafsson admitted himself that this shot rocked him in the OP video. He wasn't out on his feet though as he defended yet another takedown attempt from Jones just seconds after.

I also think it's shortsighted to claim that it turned the fight around. There were only about 6 minutes left at that point, and the fight went to decision. One strike should not have that big of an impact on a decision when compared to the rest of the fight.

He seemed to be looking down.
Getting that impact without seeing it would get most humans pretty messed up.
Hard to dispute that.
The ones you do not see, are the ones that really hurt.

(I am agreeing with you, if it does not come off that way)

thanks for the link
war gus!

Since everything you throw that makes the opponent react is scored Jones got alot of free points that night, kicks landing on shoulders and knees were counted as full damage shots, and alot of uppercuts and short blows landed by gustafsson were missed due to their close bodies obstructing the view.

After the fight when the damage was tallied it was clear who deserved to be champion, people denying this are just refusing to acknowledge how hurt Jones was. But all you need to do is ask his doctor.

It's all good, Gus is staying hungry and will damage Jones more and more every time they fight. The cokesnorting primadonna of a champion will fall hard and never be the same. It'll all be great fun :D

This fight was roughly 1.5 years ago. I have rewatched it 8 times..read all the opinions/ in depth analysis on here and came to the conclusion that it's still BS (the decision) no matter how you spin or turn it.

Since everything you throw that makes the opponent react is scored Jones got alot of free points that night, kicks landing on shoulders and knees were counted as full damage shots, and alot of uppercuts and short blows landed by gustafsson were missed due to their close bodies obstructing the view.

After the fight when the damage was tallied it was clear who deserved to be champion, people denying this are just refusing to acknowledge how hurt Jones was. But all you need to do is ask his doctor.

It's all good, Gus is staying hungry and will damage Jones more and more every time they fight. The cokesnorting primadonna of a champion will fall hard and never be the same. It'll all be great fun :D

This!

Back