On second watch....

2,4&5 for Jones. Case can be made for 3 for Jones (as some have and two judges did) but I thought it was very close and Reyes squeaked out the third.

Not only do i still think Reyes won, I also think he won the 4th round. No bias I swear...

Reyes hurt Jones more in the beginning of that round then any other time throughout the fight. He stunned Jon and put it on him for the first 3-3:30 of the round. He literally turned Jon into a panic wrestler in that round and Jon picked up the pressure and finished strong in the last 2 minutes of round 4.

Reyes WON RD 4!!!
Yea but he walked towards him and kicked him in the leg bro, that’s an easy 10-8 round for Jones , should be 10-5

Only watched the fight once, but I could almost give round 4 to Reyes too. At least could argue it.

If you want a discussion about the fight and the scoring then fine.
If you just want to cry hater without posting anything of substance then bye
Serious posters in jon jones threads don’t identity themselves so I apologise

No it isn’t. @DarkneT is right. Fight Metrics are a good indicator of how a round goes, but there’s multiple factors that go into scoring a round. A fighter can land more strikes than their opponent but still lose the round, depending on the context and what else occurred.
I’m always right

I’m always right
Yeah, I’ve heard that about you! Mostly from you, but still :)
I don’t know if I’d go as far as to say Jones “easily” won 3 rounds; it was a close fight with a couple rounds that could’ve gone either way. But I had it 48-47 Jones.

Yeah, I’ve heard that about you! Mostly from you, but still :)
I don’t know if I’d go as far as to say Jones “easily” won 3 rounds; it was a close fight with a couple rounds that could’ve gone either way. But I had it 48-47 Jones.

I scored it for Reyes
But it was close
And no one knows how to score a fight properly or use stat metrics

Jon won rounds 4 and 5 by the same margin that Reyes won round 3.

Not only do i still think Reyes won, I also think he won the 4th round. No bias I swear...

Reyes hurt Jones more in the beginning of that round then any other time throughout the fight. He stunned Jon and put it on him for the first 3-3:30 of the round. He literally turned Jon into a panic wrestler in that round and Jon picked up the pressure and finished strong in the last 2 minutes of round 4.

Reyes WON RD 4!!!
Lol. Show me Jones on a queer street, rocked,woobled anything! He did got hit,but was in no serious trouble.

Strikes landed? Reyes
Damage done? Reyes
Effective takedowns and takedown defence? Reyes (he defended 9/11 takedown)
Aggression? Reyes (check out the strikes thrown)
Submission attempts? Nil
Octagon control? (The least important category) Jones

I get it’s a “5” round fight, but the only thing that really stood out to me after the fight was over, was that Jon looked like he just went for a walk in the park and Reyes looked like he was a 6th round away from crumpling on the floor.

Jones is the better fighter. Jones won. Reyes didn’t do shit to him but out volume him with punches that were primarily glancing blows. Like I said, I get it’s a 5 round fight...but since we are talking about what if’s anyway, if that fight went an extra round, Jones finishes Reyes for sure.

Back