ON Casein vs. Muscle Milk, Casein/Whey in Mornings

• Thread starter Deleted member 87037
  • Start date
I think you're making this too difficult on yourself. Total daily protein is more important than total protein at one meal. Just make sure you're consuming whey with another protein source. Rather you use 1 scoop or two will depend on what else you

Oh yeh? Cool, thanks man. PWO I'll use 1 scoop whey/1 scoop MM, and then breakfast just the whey + 2 whole eggs. I can't have the 2 whole eggs PWO because that's my Protein+Carbs (no fat) meal. As for using egg whites PWO..I don't like wasting food!

2 eggs and 1 scoop of whey is only around 250 calories. You're eating more than that for breakfast aren't you? I thought you were trying to gain weight.

David B.

Are you talking straight up whey for the mornings? no blend, no musclemilk? what about my peri/post blend (60% carbs/30 hydrowhey/10 bcaa's)

i may have to go on a limited supplement budget for a few months and am wondering if I now need 3 types of shakes (blend, whey, peri/post)

Budget always comes first, but at the same time your blend looks good for mornings. How does it taste (just curious)?

Ok, I'll add ON 100% Casein to my morning and PWO shakes. LAST question lol! What portion of each should I use for morning and for PWO? Half scoop of Casein w/ half scoop of Whey, or half scoop of Casein w/ full scoop of Whey, or what?

I'd do 30g whey/30g casein, whatever that works out to be in terms of scoops.

bubble I appreciate your skepticism about the supplement industry, but respectfully speaking, your subjective opinions contradict the application of the literature for performance and recovery optimization.

In contrast to being blown out of proportion, the overnight fast is not nearly emphasized enough. I'm not just talking for strength and muscle, but also performance and recovery.

I would never dogmatically state that one NEEDS to do something, but it's important to have an idea of optimization with which to work.

Again, this is not intended as an inane rant, but rather a respectful discussion.
Cheers

I dunno...I think theres been a bit too many of these "Whatever you do make sure you don't burn that muscle" mentality floating around from the bb world drilled into everyones heads these days. Seems like a great way to get sales of protein supplements up...but thats another story. I just tend to think the fast at night is a bit blown out of proportion that one would have to resort to something like whey when first waking up or suffer muscle loss.

bubble, I just had to point out that you see it as resorting to whey, whereas I see it as resorting to solid food. :D

I just tend to think the fast at night is a bit blown out of proportion that one would have to resort to something like whey when first waking up or suffer muscle loss.

Back