• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media OMally celebrates win with new ‘Chimp’ face tattoo

Drug dealer feeling in a combat sport

What happend to this beautiful sport? #whereisgeorgesaintpierre?

well maybe

He’s just a boy of his time I guess

GSP looked clean cut and respectable… but I still harbor ill will because of greasing against Penn and a few other things.

I really am surprised at the amount of responses this thread got tho. Dod not realize how strong people felt about this stuff.

Post would certainly lead one to believe that lol. Tyson is a weird one and I don't know how he enjoys such a level of fame with everyone from rednecks to A list jet setters. Dude is weird as fuck, dumb as fuck, and hasn't done a thing worth the slightest bit notoriety in thirty years and yet here we are. People gush over him like he is the second coming, some wise old owl.

Sugar Sean isn't nearly the dummy that Tyson was but because he doesn't present an air of "violence" its deemed less ok. Sean is weird and not particularly interesting to me, but I'll take that over the Tyson's of the world where sports are concerned. Tyson talks about violence as if he was the penultimate dictator of such, a man to be feared lest he unleash the demon, but even in the ring he was only capable of walking that walk for a very short period of time. Lenox and Holyfield (and Buster Douglas) savaged Tyson, he was just another victim where they were concerned. The demon that did all that talking was but a child incapable of matching the violence level (and work ethic) of a much more normal, educated, and pretty darn likable Lenox Lewis. Can't stand Tyson and his BS, Sugar Sean is harmless by comparison.
Sounds like you just have a personal dislike for Tyson brav. You sound like my dad<45>

Every notable fighter gets mystified somewhat and Tyson having had a hard life where he was unequipped to deal with certain situations lead him to search out some answers for his own which he now shares. Clichés often hold a lot of truth. People like a good redemption story. Even though he's made some questionable decisions in life he mostly appears to have his heart in the right place. Life is complex and so is Mike Tyson and so are most of us as persons.

Sounds like you just have a personal dislike for Tyson brav. You sound like my dad<45>

Every notable fighter gets mystified somewhat and Tyson having had a hard life where he was unequipped to deal with certain situations lead him to search out some answers for his own which he now shares. Clichés often hold a lot of truth. People like a good redemption story. Even though he's made some questionable decisions in life he mostly appears to have his heart in the right place. Life is complex and so is Mike Tyson and so are most of us as persons.

I hear you on the dad comment, valid. However, sometimes the shortest distance from point A to point B is the correct path for the thought train to travel. Youth constantly wants to give the benefit of the doubt. Age teaches you good to goes to great and bad goes to worse where exceptions are far and few between. Often labeled as cynicism by those younger, maybe that's true, don't know. Tyson wasn't some young buck fresh off dem streets when he bit off Evander's ear or quit on the stool. He was a man, capable of discipline and experienced enough to know the correct path. He chose poorly, as he always did. I think he is the same man as he was at 20, just old and tired, numbed by his near constant THC intake. Dislike isn't personal, I'm only mystified by his fame and overall acceptance by so many. Cult of personality is always fascinating.

I hear you on the dad comment, valid. However, sometimes the shortest distance from point A to point B is the correct path for the thought train to travel. Youth constantly wants to give the benefit of the doubt. Age teaches you good to goes to great and bad goes to worse where exceptions are far and few between. Often labeled as cynicism by those younger, maybe that's true, don't know. Tyson wasn't some young buck fresh off dem streets when he bit off Evander's ear or quit on the stool. He was a man, capable of discipline and experienced enough to know the correct path. He chose poorly, as he always did. I think he is the same man as he was at 20, just old and tired, numbed by his near constant THC intake. Dislike isn't personal, I'm only mystified by his fame and overall acceptance by so many. Cult of personality is always fascinating.
fair enough!

O’Malley is like the ultimate epitome of “no way he’s a fighter” fighter … super skinny, absolutely non-athletic looking, silly hair, drug addict style, terrible “home made” tattoos (including face), smoking weed, seemingly totally undisciplined and unstructured.

And yet … UFC champ and rising star. Never judge a book by the cover, I guess.

People are getting triggered by that guy to ridiculous levels. They really should take a hard and honest look in the mirror.
<45>
We do, and we are greeted with a reflection that has zero face tattoos.

people can do whatever they want to their bodies but it's going to be creepy seeing a bunch of old dudes with shitty looking face tattoos later in life

We all knew posers and douches like this back in the day. I don't know anyone who likes tryhards other than fellow tryhards. I feel like his personality attracts the worst kinds of people.

I don't know how you can call him a poser when he's UFC champ. Sure, he's a bit of a dork. But so is Izzy.

Back