• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Olympics Megathread

So the gymnast gave up during a team event? Doss that mean team USA isn't able to finish and doesn't get any medals?

She should absolutely get a pass. If your mental strength isn’t there, it’s not there. It’s a mark against your greatness as an athlete, but not your worth as a person — and doesn’t detract from what she already accomplished.

Our trash media, which anointed her our savior, shouldn’t get a pass though.

Agree on all points.

She could have gone the easy way out and said she was injured. Instead, she straight out said that she wasn't prepared to go out there and let her backup compete in the hopes of a higher score.

As for the media, I am awaiting for an ombudsman to investigate NBC regarding their years and years of fluff stories about USA Gymnastics. What did they know and when did they know it? Do reporters have the same duty to report that teachers and (ironically) coaches must follow?

People would be disappointed, I don't think people would talk shit. She isn't even the biggest disappointment, the mens basketball team is lol
I don't see the men's basketball team a disappoinment at all. Rather, the rest of the world has caught up (or surpassed) America in the sport's fundamentals.

So the gymnast gave up during a team event? Doss that mean team USA isn't able to finish and doesn't get any medals?

They got the silver medal but Biles is considered the best gymnast in the world, goat level, so its pretty safe to say that even if she wasn't 100% we would have got gold. She flaked out on her team last second, no injury, she just said she "wasn't feeling it."

They got the silver medal but Biles is considered the best gymnast in the world, goat level, so its pretty safe to say that even if she wasn't 100% we would have got gold. She flaked out on her team last second, no injury, she just said she "wasn't feeling it."

Ah ok so not as bad as I thought if they can replace her and continue, still strange and disappointing for the team

So she claimed mental health and her excuses?

1) I wasnt feeling it
2) It's been a long week
3) no fans

She isnt battling some legitimate disorder, she is just being a spoiled brat who quit when things didnt go her way. That is pathetic. They want equal rights, but let Tom brady pull that shit at halftime and see how that goes over. Yet we are supposed to treat her and Osaka with kid gloves. Osaka's own sister said she just doesnt like challenging questions. So we are supposed to eliminate press conferences because that little brat doesnt like them.

Also, she needs to take the goat of of her tights. She can win 100 gold medals and she will never be the goat after this

Also, if you have ever praised Kobe Bryant, you can't also defend this little brat. Mamba mentality?

So she claimed mental health and her excuses?

1) I wasnt feeling it
2) It's been a long week
3) no fans

She isnt battling some legitimate disorder, she is just being a spoiled brat who quit when things didnt go her way. That is pathetic. They want equal rights, but let Tom brady pull that shit at halftime and see how that goes over. Yet we are supposed to treat her and Osaka with kid gloves. Osaka's own sister said she just doesnt like challenging questions. So we are supposed to eliminate press conferences because that little brat doesnt like them.

Also, she needs to take the goat of of her tights. She can win 100 gold medals and she will never be the goat after this

Also, if you have ever praised Kobe Bryant, you can't also defend this little brat. Mamba mentality?

Wait, this chick actually has a GOAT themed uniform? Talk about arrogance...

Wait, this chick actually has a GOAT themed uniform? Talk about arrogance...
yes she does. and she repeatedly calls herself it. and she had some pretty arrogant interviews leading up to the Olympics

44352155-9697675-image-a-26-1623946795330.jpg

Kind of hilarious that libtard outlets have spent the last year teaching us about white fragility and now in the course of a few hours they’ve switched gears to teaching us about the unique pressures black athletes face.

She should absolutely get a pass. If your mental strength isn’t there, it’s not there. It’s a mark against your greatness as an athlete, but not your worth as a person — and doesn’t detract from what she already accomplished.

Our trash media, which anointed her our savior, shouldn’t get a pass though.

I think what she did was admirable, but not “brave” which keeps getting repeated.

what’s so brave about not being brave?

“Ultimate teammate”

{<jordan}

I've never seen anything like it. How the fuck can you quit in the middle of an Olympics but then give no reason why? She's not injured, so, yea, this is one of the strangest things I've ever seen in sports. I've seen athletes win, I've seen them lose, I've even seen them quit, but I've never seen one as big as her quit while it appears she's completely healthy and then refuse to explain why she quit. She's being protected by everyone involved at this point.

Her teammates and coaches know why she quit and they aren't saying, and the media isn't saying.

Biles mentally melted.

And they put together a special montage to run damage control for her and Osaka. It's disgusting. I'm so tired of this hero worship for people can't live up to the billing. If she were a white, male, openly outspoken conservative/Republican white athlete, instead of the black, female, openly outspoken progressive that she is, they'd been torching her right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back