• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Olympics Megathread

Nate Diaz voice "They're All On Steroids Bro!"

<6>

320a30f84dcdb916.jpg

I'll say the cross country mtn bike course is a bitch.
Great design.
When Van der Poel crashes out on an admittedly DH drop, you know it's tough.
Watched a bit of women's beach VB, really wanted Spain to advance via killer asses.

Idk why there’s so much hate on 3v3 basketball in this thread. I was on the edge of my seat watching the women’s 3v3 yesterday.

Those sports are always seen more like things kids play in a school yard without proper number of players and fields/courts to play with, like kickball and 1 on 1. At least until they get enough traction like beach volleyball did.

USA very unlucky in the sevens.
Can’t look past Fiji or New Zealand for the gold but anything can happen

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. Big loss for the US.

So watching that women’s bike race, how does the Austrian rider escape the rest of the field without them knowing? Did the field just forget?

We’ve gotten to a point where mental weakness is so accepted, and even applauded, that the best athletes in the world think quitting mid-competition is a better look than taking a loss.

We are in bad shape America.

<DisgustingHHH>

Used to race waaayyyy back in the day as a wee lad. Had something very similar happen to me when some dolt decided to take a breather on the back side transition of a tripple Step up. Plowed into him and it was an absolute yard sale.

I really, REALLY hope that official is ok, but what the shit man; people cant just be all herp-a-derp on a blind side.....

Lol @ biles. Want to know more, but I think ive got the jist....

We’ve gotten to a point where mental weakness is so accepted, and even applauded, that the best athletes in the world think quitting mid-competition is a better look than taking a loss.

We are in bad shape America.

<DisgustingHHH>

This needs to be updated to a modern all inclusive version.
And for the love of God update those pronouns.

81R8sU1U1xL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Those sports are always seen more like things kids play in a school yard without proper number of players and fields/courts to play with, like kickball and 1 on 1. At least until they get enough traction like beach volleyball did.
I'd love to see kickball included in 2024

Back