Rumored *** Oliveira vs. Islam MEGA THREAD (Rumored for October 22nd) ***

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A multi-billion dollar corporation doesn't need to be "at fault" to eatablish rules to mitigate the risk of frivolous lawsuits.
What risk? There is no risk if they are not responsible.

If your employer said you would be fired if you fail a breathalyzer. before work. You fail but the equipment turns out to be faulty is that your fault? Should they be able to fire you? Can you sue them if they do?

He has top 5 wins

Islam is a top 5.

Dariush is not.

If the rankings mean anything then Islam deserves it more.

If rankings don't mean much then the rank of Dariush's sole top 5 win is also irrelevant.

Logically you cant have it both ways.

The Bathtub Brigade is in full force trying to discredit the future Lightweight GOAT Charles Oliveira in here

giphy.gif

First of all, I'm as critical of Olivera's past quits as I am respectful of his recent run of decimating the LW division's elite.

I think right now, Charles Olivera is arguably the most exciting fighter in the entire UFC roster, due to his multi-faceted ability to finish, combined with the pressure he puts out, as well as a pervasive "air of vulnerability" that hangs over every performance.

Massive credit to Olivera for his complete career overhaul.
That said, I believe Olivera's being stripped of his championship was simply unfair.

There is a major difference between Olivera missing weight – and the UFC having issues with their scales.

The former is worthy of a strip, the latter is the UFC's lack of vigilance. I believe the fiasco in the Olivera x Gaethje fight is a result of the latter.

To rob Olivera of his lifetime achievement, his Championship, when Dana knows the issues were with the scales, is summarily unfair. Unconscionable even.

Dana trying to laugh with it off, and saying, "Everyone considers Olivera the Champion," isn't good enough.

IMO, Dana should man-up, admit the UFC's lack of vigilance in monitoring the scales was the problem – and give Olivera the benefit of the doubt and his title back.

Olivera rightfully should have two title defenses.

Instead, he now has to start over again.

That's bull ship, plain and simple.
Why was Gathje 155? Was Olives actually 155 lbs and Gathje 154.5 lbs?
The supposed problem with the scale was that UK fighters kept switching it to KGs. That makes no sense.
Oliveira weighed the 155 limit when he went to bed supposedly but waited until the end of the weigh in time and was some how heavier than the night before? Makes no sense. Had an hour and couldn't drop another .5 lbs?

Olives team Fncked up simple as that.
"Oliveira and his team made the unfortunate decision to show up for the weigh-ins just five minutes before the scales were set to close. Had they come for the start and stepped on UFC’s scales at the hotel or backstage at the weigh-ins, they would have seen the half-pound discrepancy and had much more time to solve the issue: two hours before having to step on the scale and then the extra hour for a second attempt."

From this article on MMAmania

Pretty sure Arman used butterfly guard against Islam in order to get back up. And if I remember correctly, wade actually used a kimura trap to sweep Islam and get full mount briefly. I dont remember that one as well, though. My point, though, is that islam isn't perfect and Oliveira has a much better guard than anyone else Islam has faced.
I deleted my first response because I misread what you said, but I have to rewatch the Arman fight, I do remember him getting up a couple times, but that's what I'm saying Oliveira should try to do, he shouldn't try to focus on sweeps and subs, even getting up will be tough because Arman ultimately wrestled up from the bottom I think which guys from a traditional BJJ background aren't that good at, I can't remember Oliveira ever doing that, but my memory sucks lol, correct me if I'm wrong.

Islam isn't perfect, but I just really believe bottom is such a losing position in MMA, against a grappler as competent as Islam you're better off just playing it safe and trying to get up.

The Bathtub Brigade is in full force trying to discredit the future Lightweight GOAT Charles Oliveira in here

giphy.gif
The fanbois are trying to say it's all bullshit.

The haters are trying to say he should be banned from the sport.

Both groups are wrong.

It feels wrong to say this but...UFC basically did what they had to do. Dare I say they did the right thing. So says this big Oliveira fan (but never a fanboi).

If he wins 2 more only the douchebags will bicker over how many official defenses he had. If he loses it won't matter much anyway. And round and round we go.

IMO, Dana should man-up, admit the UFC's lack of vigilance in monitoring the scales was the problem – and give Olivera the benefit of the doubt and his title back.
Honestly i think this is NOT UFC's fault, the AC's are supposed to be professionals, and even then, its the opponents team or their own team who should oversee the weigh-ins, what would had happened if Rumble's team had been keeping an eye on DC? DC loses his belt, things could had been different, they need to copy some boxing practices, weigh-ins is something they need to take a look at how is done there.

Most likely Oliveira lost a lot of money on this, cause the UFC/Venum are so cheap he isnt going to get paid as if he was the champ on his next fight, pretty much garanteed.

What risk? There is no risk if they are not responsible.

lol wut

Corporations routinely establish increasingly elaborate procedures to mitigate the risk of frivolous lawsuits, even when they wouldn't really be "at fault" without them.

You have no idea what you're talkimg about.

If your employer said you would be fired if you fail a breathalyzer. before work. You fail but the equipment turns out to be faulty is that your fault? Should they be able to fire you? Can you sue them if they do?

Except none of what you said was true.

In this scenario,

1. it's well known other employees fiddle with a test breathalyzer everyone uses before the offical reading, and you're supposed to keep track of your own readings outaide of that

2. it's in your contract that it's your responsibility not to be drunk at work, full stop

3. All other employees were read as not drunk

Dana never admits that something is the UFC's fault

Guess what,

He admitted the scale incident was the UFC's fault

Who cares? That's not the same as saying that Oliveira missing weight is the UFC's fault. Those are two different things. Again:

1) Oliveira had at least an extra hour to cut the rest of the weight. Probably more time since we can assume that he found out that he was over before the initial weigh in

2) Gaethje, Rose, and Esparza made championship weight despite the miscalibrated weight scale. If they could make weight then why couldn't Oliveira?

I deleted my first response because I misread what you said, but I have to rewatch the Arman fight, I do remember him getting up a couple times, but that's what I'm saying Oliveira should try to do, he shouldn't try to focus on sweeps and subs, even getting up will be tough because Arman ultimately wrestled up from the bottom I think which guys from a traditional BJJ background aren't that good at, I can't remember Oliveira ever doing that, but my memory sucks lol, correct me if I'm wrong.

Islam isn't perfect, but I just really believe bottom is such a losing position in MMA, against a grappler as competent as Islam you're better off just playing it safe and trying to get up.

He definitely used a butterfly guard to elevate islam and then get an underhook and stand back up. I agree that Oliveira probably should look to use his bjj as a way to disengage in general, but if he can sweep and get on top, he absolutely should.

“We have this issue where guys come out and they’ll start checking the scale the night before and all the Europeans and guys from other parts of the world do kilos, so they all start f****** with the scale to look at kilos and, who knows... ,” White told reporters after the pay-per-view event at Footprint Center in Phoenix. “There’s so many moving parts to this beast of a machine that we run every week, and we’ve got to have a security guard in there where the scale is now. It’s something we’re going to have to do.”

So like I said, not a single issue was ever confirmed to be wrong with the scales. 3 other fighters made championship weight without a hitch. Charles missed weight for the 5th time in his career.

Oliveira weighed the 155 limit when he went to bed supposedly

This is the dumbest part of Oliveira's entire bullshit story.

What fighter who's big for the weight class and struggles to make weight would cut all the way to 155 and stay there for SEVEN FUCKING HOURS before he had to?

Fighters cutting 5 - 10 lbs is one thing, but Oliveira cuts 20 - 25 lbs. lol

Ali is an idiot but I don’t think he’s wrong about believing that Islam can and will manhandle Charles. I like Charles, btw…. I hope he proves me wrong once again and wins. Islam is not Chandler, DP or Gaethje though.

lol wut

Corporations routinely establish increasingly elaborate procedures to mitigate the risk of frivolous lawsuits, even when they wouldn't really be "at fault" without them.

You have no idea what you're talkimg about.

Except none of what you said was true.

In this scenario,

1. it's well known other employees fiddle with a test breathalyzer everyone uses before the offical reading, and you're supposed to keep track of your own readings outaide of that

2. it's in your contract that it's your responsibility not to be drunk at work, full stop

3. All other employees were read as not drunk
If the measurements are wrong and the employer provided the equipment, it doesn't matter that they were off because of other people, it's still your equipment and you provided it under the pretense that it is correct. Besides, where do the fighters admit to the scale being off all the time?

Video footage? Lol.

Show the video footage that the officials telling Khabib he missed weight and he needs to try again 1 hour later.

That happened with DC and Khamzat. They needed a second try. Khabib didn't even need a second try.

Show it or be silence hater.

Its amazing that Khabib haters are so desperate they are sure that Khabib couldn't cut weight in his second try (and he didn't even need a second try anyways).
You just asked me to do something ridiculous and you know it and it has nothing to do with any point i made.

Show me where in the video with that scale that he is 155 when the guy weighing him stops the scale and i'll never log into Sherdog again.

You can't because no such footage exists

So like I said, not a single issue was ever confirmed to be wrong with the scales. 3 other fighters made championship weight without a hitch. Charles missed weight for the 5th time in his career.
Are you actually retarded? The UFC admitted there was something wrong with the scales.

If the measurements are wrong and the employer provided the equipment, it doesn't matter that they were off because of other people, it's still your equipment and you provided it under the pretense that it is correct. Besides, where do the fighters admit to the scale being off all the time?

Bro, the fighters are literally contractually obligated to make weight and take full responsibility for it. There's explicitly nothing in writing that says fighters are supposed to base their weight on a single test scale everyone uses and can fiddle with--that's a fucking courtesy. Most professional camps bring their own scales as extra precautions for this very reason.

Who cares? That's not the same as saying that Oliveira missing weight is the UFC's fault. Those are two different things. Again:

1) Oliveira had at least an extra hour to cut the rest of the weight. Probably more time since we can assume that he found out that he was over before the initial weigh in

2) Gaethje, Rose, and Esparza made championship weight despite the miscalibrated weight scale. If they could make weight then why couldn't Oliveira?
Well Rose has weighed in at 114-114.5 lbs for 4 of her other 5 title fights.

Gaethje could have weighed himself on the recalibrated scale in the morning

Who knows, you should ask Charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back