• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Oliveira and the glove grab : to be the champ, you have to beat the champ's tricks

Dustin only had a moment to make a quick decision on how to get his arm out of there. Charles holding the glove caused Porier to make the not-so-smart move of trying to dive roll out of it only to end up on bottom for the rest of the round.

Yes, maybe Porier shouldnt have dive rolled out, but it was in fact caused by him not being able to yank his arm free. The dive roll actually should have freed him but the glove grab kept his arm in place limiting the roll through to escape.

I would rather blame Dustin on not initiating a scramble while locking down full-guard for over 3 freakin’ minutes…
Dustin got put in a shit spot unfairly but ultimately he made is situation 100x worse than it initially was. Charles is not a guy you give up the initiative to.

OK i'm going to go check now both Poirier v McGRegor fights (whole fights) and if Poirier illegally fence grabbed i'll be right back here to say that he did that and he should not have done. EVerything against the fence is legit EXCEPT interlocking fingers or toes thru the mesh.
I'll save you time. It was legal. He walked using the mesh but didn't grip

OK i'm going to go check now both Poirier v McGRegor fights (whole fights) and if Poirier illegally fence grabbed i'll be right back here to say that he did that and he should not have done. EVerything against the fence is legit EXCEPT interlocking fingers or toes thru the mesh.
OK I just rewatched Khabib vs Poirier and YES about 25secs from the end of the fight, when Dustin was on the ground and about to be choked out, he did put the fingers of his left-hand thru the chainlink fence just briefly which is NOT permitted under MMA rules. So that's an infraction.
As is an infraction ........the 15 times (go count them, someone did a video on this) McGregor committed DELIBERATE and blatant infractions during his fight vs Poirier. And McG completely ignored his buddy Herb Deans' warnings. .......Because he knew the UFC told Dean to help McgGregor as much as possible, as per usual procedure.

McG is a blatant cheat knowing Captain Dean, Dana's sidekick will give him every singe 'pass' and leeway he can. Been that way for years, and also with Rousey before little Irishman appeared.

I'll save you time. It was legal. He walked using the mesh but didn't grip
Thanks but......You don't need to save me time, I check eveything in my time, which is my time to do what I want with.

I checked all the fights. 1st Poirier vs McG fight completely clean both fighters.
The Poirier vs Khabib fight I just rewtched the entire thing : Poirier very briefly juist near the end put his fingers of left-hand thru cage but he was 50% gone already and in no way afectedf the result. But...technically an infraction for sure.

It's a fight. Things like glove grab, shorts grab, fence grab are very minor things. The ref is there to make sure it doesn't happen but if he doesn't see it it's no big deal imo. It's a damn fight, a little rule bending is to be expected.

PEDs, eyepokes and groin shots are much more serious. That's another category of fouls.

I didn't like it when I was watching it live but then after watch later on, it is a real non issue. Didn't help in a substantial way, Dustin had already committed to fighting off his back.

It pretty clearly looks like he's hooking the palm opening of the glove which is 100% illegal. And no a grip on the wrist with no thumb is basically nothing. Hell, even a grip with 1 hand isn't great with no material to grip. But whatever. People really want to pretend it didn't happen for whatever reason.

Charles won. He hooked the glove for a few seconds to keep the arm secure. It helped. But ultimately it wasn't the end all be all. Charles did a lot right. Dustin made bad decisions. Charles is a great champion and he's good for the division.

Post a still image of Oliveira "hooking" Dustins glove.

There was no glove hook, no glove grab; you are simply preying on Poirier fans who did not rewatch the sequence or do not understand what happens when a fight hits the ground.

Pathetic.

There was no glove hook, no glove grab; you are simply preying on Poirier fans who did not rewatch the sequence or do not understand what happens when a fight hits the ground.

Pathetic.
Whatever makes you happy kiddo.

I've posted my many ibjjf medals but I'm sure I don't know what I'm talking about lol.

Pathetic.
Not gripping the wrist. Fingers on the palm side opening. This isn't wrist control. This is a glove hook.

But you're gonna say its not a grab and somehow he is wrapping around the wrist...with no thumb...and his wrist vertical...and fingers down into the glove opening. But definitely around the wrist lol.
VideoCapture_20211213-100456.jpg
What happened is obviously and unfortunate but it's over now. Dustin got unfairly put in a bad spot. But he continued to make his own situation worse afterwards. It was just 1 of many factors that led to result we got. Both men did great. Fight was spectacular. A rematch could go either way. Hopefully we'll see it again one day.

Until then we're in the good ol Olive Era.

But they're not so...ya know.

If they were grapplers would have a disgusting advantage. Not that I'd mind lol. All my favorite fighters are grapplers
yeah they definitely aren’t legal. by the rules, oliveira blatantly cheated. he also erased any chance of losing that round due to his illegal foul, which should count for something under the rules.

regardless, i do think it should be legal. hopefully that gets ironed out someday.

yeah they definitely aren’t legal. by the rules, oliveira blatantly cheated. he also erased any chance of losing that round due to his illegal foul, which should count for something under the rules.

regardless, i do think it should be legal. hopefully that gets ironed out someday.
I'm kinda indifferent on changing that rule. Its a pretty big change in the grand scheme but zi can see people working around it.

Not gripping the wrist. Fingers on the palm side opening. This isn't wrist control. This is a glove hook.

But you're gonna say its not a grab and somehow he is wrapping around the wrist...with no thumb...and his wrist vertical...and fingers down into the glove opening. But definitely around the wrist lol.
View attachment 897239
What happened is obviously and unfortunate but it's over now. Dustin got unfairly put in a bad spot. But he continued to make his own situation worse afterwards. It was just 1 of many factors that led to result we got. Both men did great. Fight was spectacular. A rematch could go either way. Hopefully we'll see it again one day.

Until then we're in the good ol Olive Era.

You posted a still image of Oliveira controlling Dustins wrist (and ankle). Theres nothing remotely suspect this is clearly entirely a figment of your imagination and it goes far beyond the (also bullshit) "glove grab" that Rogan blurted out on air.

Its also aggressively stupid because theres no incentive for Charles to even attempt what you are suggesting when he can freely and without cheating control Dustins ankle and wrist.

And to top it all off, how would Dustin not be able to feel what you are alleging, as he stated at his post fight press conference he felt no glove grab; he was asked directly if Charles did that.

Just stop you are embarrassing yourself.

You posted a still image of Oliveira controlling Dustins wrist (and ankle). Theres nothing remotely suspect this is clearly entirely a figment of your imagination and it goes far beyond the (also bullshit) "glove grab" that Rogan blurted out on air.

Its also aggressively stupid because theres no incentive for Charles to even attempt what you are suggesting when he can freely and without cheating control Dustins ankle and wrist.

And to top it all off, how would Dustin not be able to feel what you are alleging, as he stated at his post fight press conference he felt no glove grab; he was asked directly if Charles did that.

Just stop you are embarrassing yourself.
Lol called your exact reaction. Hilarious

1) you specifically asked for a still

2) that is in no way wrist control

3) the benefits of grabbing the inside of the glove is the same benefit of grappling the sleeve of a gi lol. Train some BJJ kiddo, it'll help you understand what you're seeing

4) the inner lining of the glove on the palm side has give to it unlike the wrist cuff. Dustin probably couldn't feel his fingers through his hand wraps.

You literally doing the exact thing I described in my post is incredibly embarrassing for you kiddo. Join a bjj gym. It'll be good for you.

Lol called your exact reaction. Hilarious

1) you specifically asked for a still

2) that is in no way wrist control

3) the benefits of grabbing the inside of the glove is the same benefit of grappling the sleeve of a gi lol. Train some BJJ kiddo, it'll help you understand what you're seeing

4) the inner lining of the glove on the palm side has give to it unlike the wrist cuff. Dustin probably couldn't feel his fingers through his hand wraps.

You literally doing the exact thing I described in my post is incredibly embarrassing for you kiddo. Join a bjj gym. It'll be good for you.

I asked you why would Oliveira go through the process of hooking Dustins glove when he already has control of an ankle and has wrist control? All with the referee right there.

What you are suggesting Oliveira did is just flat out stupid and not something any human being with a brain would do because the benefit is extremely marginal while the risk is tremendous; losing a point or disqualification.

Take your gi and go play BJJ master on some other forum you are full of shit.

images

It's called a veteran's move and Charles is one of the biggest veterans in the sport right now. Is normal get over it crybabies.

It's called The Kings Move and it's in Armwrestling as well.

I asked you why would Oliveira go through the process of hooking Dustins glove when he already has control of an ankle and has wrist control? All with the referee right there.

What you are suggesting Oliveira did is just flat out stupid and not something any human being with a brain would do because the benefit is extremely marginal while the risk is tremendous; losing a point or disqualification.

Take your gi and go play BJJ master on some other forum you are full of shit.
Because he didn't have wrist control lol. He was fumbling to get the wrist. He didn't get ankle control until after he hooked the glove. He kept it so that Dustin didn't pull his arm away lol. Basic shit.

As for the ref, he was warned and went back to it because refs historically ignore 99% of minor fouls. And losing a point isn't as bad as having to stand with Dustin after a round where you got dripped 3 times.

Lol don't get salty that your grappling knowledge is abysmal. Be proactive. Learn something, educate yourself, stop being willingly ignorant. You'll enjoy the sport more if you try to learn something.

Training muay thai helped me appreciate little aspects of striking I didn't quite grasp.

Back