• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Old toys that define your childhood

FW61JBGGWYAWS6H.RECT2100.jpg

%24_86.JPG

GI Joe were for babies. Everyone in my hood had these.
small-soldiers-commando-elite-toys.jpg

GI Joes + a mound of dirt. Had Epic battles the world hasn't known since

a80127a9cb3fb39484e40eadf58c1f1c.jpg
I remember putting this on my Christmas list . I played with this all the time until my brother got pissed and smashed it lol

I'm looking for a toy line that I had back in ~94 or so and cannot remember the name of. Hopefully you guys might remember. It was from a competitor/me-too series of Power Rangers. It had a main action figure (pretty good size, notably bigger than the 4" lines that were popular at the time) and two other sets that could transform into armor for the action figure. One of these transforming sets was a red dragon-ish mech and the other was black (I believe it was vehicles of some sort and I remember there being large conical drills involved, maybe turning into the shoulder pad armor pieces). There was also a kid-sized transforming weapon toy that could be an axe or sword+shield (the axe blade split in half and a rear part folded up and over to hold it open while the sword, really more of a long knife, was pulled out of the handle).

I've tried searching for it on the google machine but all I get are Power Rangers, Transformers, Robotech, and Voltron and I know it was not any of those (I knew what all those were at the time and it was not from those lines).

EDIT: Hah! I finally found it! Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad. Apparently it only ran for one season in 94-95, and it looks like my memories of it were pretty spot on:
toyshot.jpg

df276ada70869b0752dfffb59665dfd2.jpg

Man, I wonder what happened to these. As a kid I ended up keeping a lot of my stuff (I still have all my legos, might max, zoids, and some other miscellaneous figures, albeit they're all in storage) and I remember these being a lot of fun. But I'm quite positive I no longer have these dudes. I checked on eBay and it looks like these were fairly rare, I didn't see a single listing for the big transforming dragon and only one for the other vehicle-robot.

Last edited:
Loved Clash of the Titans, Battlestar Galactica and Micronauts

e00f1b49093e7e9344087e39659de86d.jpg

Last edited:
Back