• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Old toys that define your childhood

This one? I had forgot all about it.

edfe4655859d9ad25f745c9b99f78b77.jpg

Anyone else miss these things? I still can't believe they don't make them anymore.

2da34ad5a77a67ba1d39dcfccfd88a0b.jpg

I think there was a red one...

I have a startling admission. I may be the only male 80s kid that didn’t have any GI Joe or Star Wars toys. None.

My parents worked for TI and so we had like 10 of these things in the house and I still have 2 up in the attic.

speak_and_spell_11.jpg

I have a startling admission. I may be the only male 80s kid that didn’t have any GI Joe or Star Wars toys. None.

Did your mom make you wear dresses??? Did you have some questionable experiences??? For srs, the shit you're saying just isn't normal...

Kinda figured that out when you referred to Optimus Prime as "the semi one."

I’m 41 years old, it’s been 30 years. I cooked a lot of brain cells in my teens, memory was the first thing to go up in smoke. I’m happy to just remember parts of the ‘80s.

Did your mom make you wear dresses??? Did you have some questionable experiences??? For srs, the shit you're saying just isn't normal...

Nah, I was all boy. To be honest, by the time GI Joe came around, we were old enough that we spent most of our time outside. We preferred toys we could play with in the dirt.

I told you it was startling.

Nah, I was all boy. To be honest, by the time GI Joe came around, we were old enough that we spent most of our time outside. We preferred toys we could play with in the dirt.

I told you it was startling.

"By the time gi joe came around"....how old are you??? Like 70???? Gi joe has been around for a looooong time man.

"By the time gi joe came around"....how old are you??? Like 70???? Gi joe has been around for a looooong time man.
LOL No, I meant by the time the action figures got popular, in the mid '80s.

LOL No, I meant by the time the action figures got popular, in the mid '80s.

I know what you meant but gi joe action figures were like Barbie doll size things for a long time.

Back