Movies Old-M. Night Shamalamayan movie

No interest. It looks gay and M. Night is hit or miss (mainly miss). I only really like 3 movies from him...

Signs
Sixth Sense
Split

I guess 4. The Visit was pretty good.

I like all his stuff beside The Last Airbender. Don’t get the hate for The Visit in here...that shit was fun as hell. And the Village was very well acted, very well shot. Yeah the twist wasn’t great but it was different. Signs and The Sixth Sense are amazing. I thought Split was good, Unbreakable the same but too dark for me. Devil was great. Lady In The Water was enjoyable because Giamatti is a stud, and again, very unique....Flawed yes, but I would rather watch that than any trash Fast And Furious or The Rock crap that keeps getting churned out. Even The Happening was worth the watch, although Markey Mark is terrible.

Anybody see this yet? Every time I see the trailer on youtube I laugh. Been tossing the idea around of going to see it with some mates.

Gotta say I like all his movies up to The Village, didnt mind The Happening. Unpopular opinion: Split fucking sucks
<{cum@me}>
Lol. Honestly, I forgot old was released this weekend. I agree with pretty much everything you said. He peaked with signs . I was so pissed off with the village turned . It started with a interesting premise and he had to ruin it with a stupid plot twist. I haven't been interested in anything M. Knight Shyamalan has done in almost twenty years. Remember that God awful "lady in the water "

Lol. Honestly, I forgot old was released this weekend. I agree with pretty much everything you said. He peaked with signs . I was so pissed off with the village turned . It started with a interesting premise and he had to ruin it with a stupid plot twist. I haven't been interested in anything M. Knight Shyamalan has done in almost twenty years. Remember that God awful "lady in the water "

The Village is sort of the turning point, isn't it? I feel the trifecta of The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs is really awesome. Then you see the real shift in the quality post-Village. But the Village as a movie, in a lot of ways, is not bad. It's well-constructed. It's got some memorably creepy moments. It's got some surprises. Sure, it's slow and plodding and the payoff is weak, but it's not a bad film especially in comparison to some of his work that followed.

Lady in the Water has a quality cast but it's a really, really frustrating film experience. It's one of those situations where Night got way too caught up in trying to establish some sort of mythos instead of actually just focusing on making a halfway decent film. The same sort of problem abounded in Glass, which, to me, is not as bad of a film but is far weaker than the two films that feed into it, Unbreakable and Split.

In Unbreakable, the narrative that he spun felt really organic to me. The skewed take on the superhero origin story was really compelling and the twist- the notion that Sam was orchestrating those horrific accidents just to find someone like Willis so as to validate his own existence was really impacting and unsettling.

Split establishes its own mythos which is somewhat interesting but is elevated far more by McAvoy's terrifc performance(s).

But by Glass, you get a clunky attempt to tie the narratives and myth-making together. It feels like he just could not weave it together in a coherent way.

That said, I don't think his time has completely passed. Split was just a couple of years back and it was quality. Old seems like it has a pretty cool, disturbing premise, but the reviews sound mixed at best.

Anybody see this yet? Every time I see the trailer on youtube I laugh. Been tossing the idea around of going to see it with some mates.

Gotta say I like all his movies up to The Village, didnt mind The Happening. Unpopular opinion: Split fucking sucks
<{cum@me}>

You didnt mind the happening? I suppose it was a descent foray into comedy.

You didnt mind the happening? I suppose it was a descent foray into comedy.
I dunno, I thought it was a decent concept and some of the deaths were cool. But it's also been a good 5+ years since I've watched it so maybe I just have rose tinted shades on.
It deserves all the shit it gets tho

I never liked it.
tenor.gif

Looked up the spoilers cause I didn't have much interest was just wondering what the twist would be.

Fuck outta here

The Village is sort of the turning point, isn't it? I feel the trifecta of The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs is really awesome. Then you see the real shift in the quality post-Village. But the Village as a movie, in a lot of ways, is not bad. It's well-constructed. It's got some memorably creepy moments. It's got some surprises. Sure, it's slow and plodding and the payoff is weak, but it's not a bad film especially in comparison to some of his work that followed.

Lady in the Water has a quality cast but it's a really, really frustrating film experience. It's one of those situations where Night got way too caught up in trying to establish some sort of mythos instead of actually just focusing on making a halfway decent film. The same sort of problem abounded in Glass, which, to me, is not as bad of a film but is far weaker than the two films that feed into it, Unbreakable and Split.

In Unbreakable, the narrative that he spun felt really organic to me. The skewed take on the superhero origin story was really compelling and the twist- the notion that Sam was orchestrating those horrific accidents just to find someone like Willis so as to validate his own existence was really impacting and unsettling.

Split establishes its own mythos which is somewhat interesting but is elevated far more by McAvoy's terrifc performance(s).

But by Glass, you get a clunky attempt to tie the narratives and myth-making together. It feels like he just could not weave it together in a coherent way.

That said, I don't think his time has completely passed. Split was just a couple of years back and it was quality. Old seems like it has a pretty cool, disturbing premise, but the reviews sound mixed at best.
Hopefully, M night Shyamalan will eventually return to form and start making quality films again. After signs , it seemed like he either became full of himself or lazy or both. I liked Devil , although he only wrote the script and didn't direct it. I rented the visit from redox, hoping he was out of whatever funk he was going through but, was so disappointed. I haven't seen Glass or split. I agree with a poster at reddit M night Shyamalan 's reddit page who said Shyamalan should focus on making schlock
Horror films like the Happening for the remainder of his career. I think it would play to his strengths

Hopefully, M night Shyamalan will eventually return to form and start making quality films again. After signs , it seemed like he either became full of himself or lazy or both. I liked Devil , although he only wrote the script and didn't direct it. I rented the visit from redox, hoping he was out of whatever funk he was going through but, was so disappointed. I haven't seen Glass or split. I agree with a poster at reddit M night Shyamalan 's reddit page who said Shyamalan should focus on making schlock
Horror films like the Happening for the remainder of his career. I think it would play to his strengths

Why doesn’t he direct some films written by other individuals. I guess he’s got that Tarantino thing going where he wants total control of the material from page to screen but I feel with his technical ability, he might be better off directing some horror written by some up and comers. Not to say he should move away from screenwriting altogether but it would be interesting to see him give that type of collaboration a try.

I'm not a fan of most of his stuff. I liked Unbreakable and The Visit though.

Saw it today. Kept my interest but a lot of the suspense was anti climatic due to the trailer revealing so much and the end left tons unexplained. There was a brief scene towards end that I thought did good job hitting a sentimental human element which was much needed because the majority of characters don’t provide nearly enough of that. I just have never been able to quit ol m night shamylan, I see almost all his movies and probably will continue to do so. Only exceptions were air bender and after earth, zero desire to see those

Whats teh twist guys
The beach has some weird geological cursed minerals or some shit that causes people to age 50 years in one day so a pharmaceutical company opens a resort there and invites people with different medical conditions to the resort
They secretly give the people experimental drug cocktails and then take them to the beach where they can monitor the lifetime effects of the medicine in one single day

The movie was pretty meh but its basically exactly what I expected it to be
Really interesting in the beginning and then kinda ridiculous and the big twist wasnt the worst one ever in an M. Night movie but it was also far from the very best

Also, theres a character in here who is a rapper named Mid Sized Sedan, the movie is kinda telling you not to take it too seriously

Back