Crime Old guy in Ohio targeted by scammers kills someone

Yeah that's on the scammers. Repeatedly threatening the guy and then purposefully sending setting up the uber driver to pick up a "package" and the guys house. They knew they were setting up everyone involved. Perhaps not to be murdered but definitely to be antagonized the threatened

Could you suggest similar british comedy? Personally it IS the finest comedy ever written.
If you want a modern British comedy that's on the same line as YM/YPM then watch all three seasons of The Thick Of It, absolutely genius satire and scarily close to actual real life UK politics. Written by Armando Iannucci, same guy who wrote all Alan Partridge stuff (both seasons of I'm Alan Partridge are excellent, definitely watch them). Then watch In The Loop which is the feature length follow up to TTOI, with a hilarious guest appearance from James Gandolfini (RIP)

For the older stuff, Blackadder (season 2-4, season 1 was a bit of an outlier and the character dynamics were massively shifted from S2 onwards, for the better I might add), Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Men Behaving Badly (although if you're not UK based a lot of the 90's lad-culture elements of MBB will likely be lost on you), Only Fools and Horses, and all the Monty Python feature length films (Life Of Brian, Meaning of Life, The Holy Grail)

If you really want to go far back, Dad's Army is about as old school British as you can get, and is a particular favourite of mine as one of my grandads was in the Home Guard during WW2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Guard_(United_Kingdom).

Also, Bottom is the best worst show ever - if it didn't feature Rick Mayall and Ade Edmundson it wouldn't be watchable for me, but they make it work!

People such as this man have a right to own firearms to defend themselves from criminals. Old white people are preferred prey in these types of neighborhoods.

The man was bleeding from his head. He was attacked.

Stop defending criminals.
Bro are you stupid?

It’s possible the victim being black played into some prejudice the shooter held that helped him more easily associate a minority with being involved in crime. Studies show older people possess more prejudice. Their brains shrink and with that so does their inhibitions to not act on it.

The article refers to a black kid getting shot down by an elderly white guy for ringing the wrong door bell a few months ago. It’s a topic worth exploring.

This particular shooter sounds like a crazy and hateful person. The scam is terrible but by no means justifies him executing a woman.
there is no proof to really assume that here, i just got the vibe that the old man is senile

If you're too far gone to be trusted with a license or to own a gun you probably shouldn't be allowed to roam freely in society or live alone either.
That's why many old people are in assisted living or have caretakers living with them or regularly stopping by to check on them.

If you're dumb enough to get scammed by some Indian kid pretending to be a cop you shouldn't have a gun

If you're dumb enough to get scammed by some Indian kid pretending to be a cop you shouldn't have a gun

Do you really think so? What else might this apply to?

Note to self: mjfan23 comes out as racist and does not research articles he posts.
My post is in honor of the George Floyd two thread about Baxter someone filled with racists who were triggered by BLM

If you want a modern British comedy that's on the same line as YM/YPM then watch all three seasons of The Thick Of It, absolutely genius satire and scarily close to actual real life UK politics. Written by Armando Iannucci, same guy who wrote all Alan Partridge stuff (both seasons of I'm Alan Partridge are excellent, definitely watch them). Then watch In The Loop which is the feature length follow up to TTOI, with a hilarious guest appearance from James Gandolfini (RIP)

For the older stuff, Blackadder (season 2-4, season 1 was a bit of an outlier and the character dynamics were massively shifted from S2 onwards, for the better I might add), Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Men Behaving Badly (although if you're not UK based a lot of the 90's lad-culture elements of MBB will likely be lost on you), Only Fools and Horses, and all the Monty Python feature length films (Life Of Brian, Meaning of Life, The Holy Grail)

If you really want to go far back, Dad's Army is about as old school British as you can get, and is a particular favourite of mine as one of my grandads was in the Home Guard during WW2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Guard_(United_Kingdom).

Also, Bottom is the best worst show ever - if it didn't feature Rick Mayall and Ade Edmundson it wouldn't be watchable for me, but they make it work!
Thanks man I will definitely source at least of couple of those.

there is no proof to really assume that here, i just got the vibe that the old man is senile

He doesn’t seem senile to me. When the victim shows up he thinks to take her phone so she can’t call for help and is moving pretty well. He’s talking shit about shooting her in the other leg and overall seems in control of the situation, not confused by it.

But maybe.

Do you really think so? What else might this apply to?

Other objects that when operated irresponsibly or improperly cause a significant threat to lives of others in their community. Like cars, airplanes, heavy equipment.

uzi-true-lies.gif
I have heard stories of hand guns going off by themselves, but I don't know how true some of the stories are though

He doesn’t seem senile to me. When the victim shows up he thinks to take her phone so she can’t call for help and is moving pretty well. He’s talking shit about shooting her in the other leg and overall seems in control of the situation, not confused by it.

But maybe.
falling for scam calls and even picking them up in the first place is grounds for someone to be considered a little cuckoo. there is not sufficient or really any evidence at all to think the shooting was racially motivated.

to make it clear, i am defending this guy and he should serve punishment indefinetely regardless of his reasoning.

falling for scam calls and even picking them up in the first place is grounds for someone to be considered a little cuckoo. there is not sufficient or really any evidence at all to think the shooting was racially motivated.

to make it clear, i am defending this guy and he should serve punishment indefinetely regardless of his reasoning.

I don’t think he ever actually fell for the scam. If he thought his family was actually being held hostage and was going to be murdered if he didn’t provide ransom he would have called the cops immediately. He could have called the cops again when the victim showed up if he was scared.

He didn’t. He executed her. He seemed angry someone was trying to rip him off and executed a woman over it not realizing he was on dash cam.

At no point did he act like his or his family members life was in danger.

Last edited:
Whose Uber account ordered Loletha Hall to William Brock's house to pick up a package?

Back