Media Old Colby Covington Interview (before the persona)

i prefer authentic people tbh, but if you feel like you gotta sell your soul to make money whatever.

not a fan of his fight style anyway so this changes nothing for me.

Hopefully ufc doesn't go full WWE

Do people still not know it's a gimmick?

Fucking yoyos..

Pillow fisted wrestler on the virg of being cut so he cums up with a somewhat fake persona too draw in interest....sound familiar??..... Chael Sonnen. Chael is a gangster and a God Damned legend even Conor has said so. Colby is cool too me but he can't hold a candle next too Chael P.

it's an act and it is paying off. we've known it was an act since after the Maia fight. His team said Colby explained as much to them afterwards.

"The two went to the medical room together, Colby also got hurt, cut himself, and there he talked to me: 'I hope you know it's just a character, it's just marketing, to sell. I chose this and I need it to promote me. I respect Demian a lot, he's a legend, it was a very hard fight, I'm a fan of him, I'm a grappler too, I follow his career, he was a warrior, and please tell him I'm a fan of him and that's jsut a character"
morons are giving Colby exactly what he wants. good on him

It's not working. Winning is working

He'd be exactly as a big a draw and would be getting paid exactly the same if he acted like this.

It's why I feel kinda bad for him really.

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago and it was said that Colby’s contract wasn’t going to be renewed after the Maia fight, so the guy had to do something drastic in his post-fight interview.

Whether he has taken the gimmick too far at times is another story. I dig the queen of chaos angle though.

I don't believe he'd have gotten released after beating a top 5 who just fought for the belt.

It's not working. Winning is working

He'd be exactly as a big a draw and would be getting paid exactly the same if he acted like this.

It's why I feel kinda bad for him really.

tell Leon Edwards that winning works

I don't believe he'd have gotten released after beating a top 5 who just fought for the belt.
Hmm, maybe not, but not many people knew who Colby was before the fight and without the gimmick nobody would care about Colby. It was a pretty good fight, so maybe the UFC would have kept him. Without the gimmick, though, I could have still seen them letting him go to Bellator.

tell Leon Edwards that winning works

He'll probably be in a title eliminator in his next fight. 2 max.

Colby has accomplished more than Edwards anyway. Yet still, he wouldn't be fighting for the belt had Askren won.

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe not, but not many people knew who Colby was before the fight and without the gimmick nobody would care about Colby. It was a pretty good fight, so maybe the UFC would have kept him. Without the gimmick, though, I could have still seen them letting him go to Bellator.

Maybe.

Nobody really cares about him now tho.

Needs Diaz, Conor, or Khabib to put him over.

Ali started that character acting a long long time ago...he really wasn't this bragging guy...he was always outspoken, but he got this from the original nature boy, buddy rogers...then later Ric Flair took over that persona. just like hogan copied the best promo guy of all time...superstar billy graham...he copied everything from Graham...so did scott steiner and many many others...he's probably the most copied wrestler in history...

Back