Media Old Colby Covington Interview (before the persona)

Sounds the same just less enthusiastic.

By the way, @0:58 he mentions a "two piece"... interesting.

3:10 "I don't like getting into the drama aspect of the fight."

<{1-16}><TheWire1><Oku04>

Last edited:
it's an act and it is paying off. we've known it was an act since after the Maia fight. His team said Colby explained as much to them afterwards.

"The two went to the medical room together, Colby also got hurt, cut himself, and there he talked to me: 'I hope you know it's just a character, it's just marketing, to sell. I chose this and I need it to promote me. I respect Demian a lot, he's a legend, it was a very hard fight, I'm a fan of him, I'm a grappler too, I follow his career, he was a warrior, and please tell him I'm a fan of him and that's jsut a character"
morons are giving Colby exactly what he wants. good on him

it's an act and it is paying off. we've known it was an act since after the Maia fight. His team said Colby explained as much to them afterwards.

"The two went to the medical room together, Colby also got hurt, cut himself, and there he talked to me: 'I hope you know it's just a character, it's just marketing, to sell. I chose this and I need it to promote me. I respect Demian a lot, he's a legend, it was a very hard fight, I'm a fan of him, I'm a grappler too, I follow his career, he was a warrior, and please tell him I'm a fan of him and that's jsut a character"
There was a thread a couple of weeks ago and it was said that Colby’s contract wasn’t going to be renewed after the Maia fight, so the guy had to do something drastic in his post-fight interview.

Whether he has taken the gimmick too far at times is another story. I dig the queen of chaos angle though.

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago and it was said that Colby’s contract wasn’t going to be renewed after the Maia fight, so the guy had to do something drastic in his post-fight interview.

Whether he has taken the gimmick too far at times is another story. I dig the queen of chaos angle though.

yep i heard Rogan mention this on his podcast

Aww he used to be a humble boy too.

Fighters have to sell.
Colby wasnt selling with his own personality. He turned heel and even Dana admits that now everybody care about Colby, some to see him win and there s a huge basis that will watch to see him lose, they dont like him but they'll watch anyway.
Any publicity is good publicity
Learn this lesson guys

It’s funny he actually looks really nervous in front of the cameras right there lol.
....i mean it’s not like he’s a natural in front of the cameras anyway. Most of his schtick is clearly rehearsed.

But interesting to see, Colby is playing the game the best right now, he’s got eyes on him wether they be real fans or people who want to see him lose.

Money changes people

Its not money.
Before the RDA fight someone at ATT had an inside tips that the UFC was about to release Colby win or lose.
So Colby decided to roast the crowd and turned heel as he saw how effective this strategy was. Every one was talking about Colby because he shocked.
So he embraced the heel personna to save his fuckin job.
All the blame is on the UFC for running it like an entertainement more than a sport.

Money changes people

UFC threats change people.

The UFC told Colby they were cutting him after the Maia fight, regardless of whether he wins or loses.

That's when this new persona was born.

Only if the drama is real..

<seedat>
w0P0mLr.png

A9DiFJo.gif

Its not money.
Before the RDA fight someone at ATT had an inside tips that the UFC was about to release Colby win or lose.
So Colby decided to roast the crowd and turned heel as he saw how effective this strategy was. Every one was talking about Colby because he shocked.
So he embraced the heel personna to save his fuckin job.
All the blame is on the UFC for running it like an entertainement more than a sport.

This 100%

I met the old Colby back when he fought in Ottawa years ago.

Totally cool guy. Very classy and respectful.

Nothing like what you see now when the cameras are on.

That nice, respectful, measured interview only has 3k views. You do the math

I could have actually rooted for this Colby. The fight game needs good villians, so he has taken the torch and is running with it. Doing a good job at it too!:)

Ali started that character acting a long long time ago...he really wasn't this bragging guy...he was always outspoken, but he got this from the original nature boy, buddy rogers...then later Ric Flair took over that persona. just like hogan copied the best promo guy of all time...superstar billy graham...he copied everything from Graham...so did scott steiner and many many others...he's probably the most copied wrestler in history...

Back