Okami is so much underrated

Okami fan here. From their first fight, you can conclude this:
-Okami will fight exactly the same: slow pace, pawing right jab, occasional left hand; powerful clinch and takedowns; rinse and repeat as necessary. Okami might even be more gunshy now since the back-back KO losses.
-While Belcher, in my opinion, had more room for growth since then and will be a different fighter. He will still need to avoid the clinch though!

I think Okami takes it the same way he did last time, as well. Even though Belcher has improved TDD and a decent ground game, Okami will be able to neutralize that with his strength and clinch.

Well Belcher is pretty over rated on here, mostly because he posts here and partly because he beat Palhares so comprehensively. No disrespect to guy, because he might come in here and tool my ass, he's a contender but he still has a lot to prove. Okami has looked a little shaky when being pressured, Belcher will likely pressure him. Question is whether Okami can take him down and keep him down. It's really a pick em fight.

The difference between Okami and Belcher is that Anderson Silva already stole Okami's soul, but not Belcher's. Belcher wins and wins convincingly.

Belcher is the new sherdog.net darling after being one of the few fighters to still post here, Phil Baroni too.

He is underrated in a certain sense, and overrated in a certain sense. In any other division, his skill set would not make a top 5 fighter.

He is underrated in a certain sense, and overrated in a certain sense. In any other division, his skill set would not make a top 5 fighter.

Probably at heavyweight, he's not a top 5 middleweight but he would have at least a similar level of success in most other divisions, including Welterweight.

Last edited:

What makes you think this? Imo Okami is very similar to Fitch. A guy with Okami's skillset would do very well in any division as long as they also have the strength/cardio/sub defense as Okami.

Hopes Okami is not underrated anymore

Where were you when everyone and their dog picked Belcher to win?

It's hilariously stupid when people go off saying a fighter is underrated AFTER they have a big win. Same shit happened with Belcher. After Palhares he was underrated, now everyone says he is overrated. Goddamn hipsters.

Where were you when everyone and their dog picked Belcher to win?

It's hilariously stupid when people go off saying a fighter is underrated AFTER they have a big win.

I made this thread BEFORE the fight

Back