Okami is so much underrated

He got tagged a few times, but I don't think he got dropped. To be fair Roberts had a fairly unique striking style that Okami probably wasn't used to. With that said I hope Okami steps his game up for the rematch, he will need it.

this

Okami is underrated, true.

Wouldn't say Belcher has no TDD, in fact his TDD is pretty good actually, not good enough to stop Yushin from taking him down over and over though.

Belcher went from underrated to overrated really quick since he started posting. A year ago I only seen a few Belcher fans, now it seems like every other poster is a fan of his. It's disgusting.

Seriously I remember thinking you, me, and maybe one other poster where the only people picking Belcher to beat Palhares. People couldn't go one post without mentioning Belcher's loses to Grove and Day. But its also good to see people stop bashing one more good fighter.

Can't wait for his fight with Okami. Will be his toughest test to date, but I think he will pull it off.

Belcher has great bjj background. i can't forget that fight when Okami was dominating Tim Boetsch until he got dropped by uppercut. Okami has weak chin i guess. to sum up, Belcher has higher chance to beat Okami in this fight.

Okami gets TKOed by Silva and Boetsch and now he has a weak chin?

Okami turned into one of those fighters who looks scared to get hit now IMO. I don't think his chin is bad but the way he reacts to getting hit is awful. I think his confidence took a big hit from his last few fights.

'Exclude the Boestch fight which was a lucky comeback'

Even though his coaches told him to unload and Boetsch spent about thirty seconds pasting Okami.

I think belcher is very popular with the fans so too many people are missing the evidence of what I believe will occur: okami by a decision victory, similar to their old fight and much like Fitch vs erick silva

That guy should rewatch the fight. It took a lot more than one uppercut to finish Okami, plus he wasn't even completely out.

Your new AV is waiting for you btw....

He was wayyyyy overrated until he lost to Boetsh. I think his striking is under average, his hands are just too slow, just like DHK. They're good, strong grapplers but their striking is very lackluster.

i would rather see Okami fight Brunson and Belcher fight leben at this point.

That guy should rewatch the fight. It took a lot more than one uppercut to finish Okami, plus he wasn't even completely out.

Your new AV is waiting for you btw....

Its a shame you went to all that trouble of getting me a new AV I won't even get to use :p

Okami's got this, Belcher got worked in the clinch against Akiyama who was welterweight fighting at Middleweight, its safe to say Okami will take another year or two before he builds up confidence again to stand up and bang like he did against Linares and Marquardt, good timing cause Belcher can potentially KO Okami.

Okami's striking wasn't looking too good against Buddy Roberts, I think he might have even gotten dropped. While he dominated Roberts once he got it to the mat, if Belcher can avoid the clinch then he will most likely have a significant advantage. This fight will probably be based on whether or not Okami can get Belcher in the clinch. Even if Belcher has improved his TDD and clinchwork, Okami has a very stiffling clinch game and it could be a drawn out boring match.

I got Okami by UD but a Belcher win will not surprise me at all, especially if he can avoid the clinch

Pretty sure buddy Roberts over did it in the first round and okami tries to pace, but also this generally happens with sherdog after a guy has a recent loss, like how people were thinking Fitch was no good because he got a ko'd seconds into the Hendricks fight, despite having no time to show any fall in skills. People seem to think okami isn't that great now after the boetsch loss.

Back