Ok, so what is more important in the attempt to gain mass??

BAS_FAN

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So i was reading Charles Poliquin's article on German Volume Training and he said that its not uncommon to add 6-10lbs in 6 weeks using this program. Now until i have tried this method i cant really say anything but doesnt nutrition fall anywhere into the equation. I have heard both sides....Training is much more important when it comes to getting bigger.....No, you have to eat buckets of food in order to get bigger. Obviously both play a role and combining both would give you the best results, but does Charles Poliquin's statement hold any truth? Could i add 10lbs in 6 weeks by simply training using his method and neglecting my diet?
What do you guys thing?....could it be possible to gain lean muscle mass and yet eat a low calorie diet or eat the wrong foods? I just feel that you cant say a program will give you massive gains and not include a statement such as "you can gain 6-10lbs in 6 weeks in accordance which a high calorie diet"

ps. here is the article for those who wanna read it.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm

you need more calories to gain and you also need to progress as well

Its all about the food you eat I personally think. Though you need to be lifting intense to gain some good muscle. I'm eating everything in site whether it be junk or good ol chicken. My goal is to get to 210 lbs (prolly will not happen, but set my goals high..ill prolly hit 200 i bet though) and then start dieting back down to fight at 165 or 170.

Sounds crazy but the explosivness I gain is awsome. Right now im just concentrating on Olympic Lifting. Sorry got off topic.

You cannot gain weight out of thin air.
You cannot build muscle by staying on the couch.

Neither is more important, both are necessary conditions.

But i think the reason why many people dont gain even when they are still beginners is first their lack of food and second the shitty routine. Because in my opinion you can set a newbie on whatever routine. If he eats a lot, he will gain. The more advanced you become, the more equally important food and training become.

graedy said:
But i think the reason why many people dont gain even when they are still beginners is first their lack of food and second the shitty routine. Because in my opinion you can set a newbie on whatever routine. If he eats a lot, he will gain. The more advanced you become, the more equally important food and training become.

Graedy finally made sense of this thread for me. I didn't understand the question. I think what Bas is really asking is, "Which do newbs usually screw up?"

WEll, both. But like Graedy says, most any routine with compound movements/heavier weights will yield growth. And guys who don't know a lick about lifting know they have to train hard to grow. But it's amazing to me- someone who always ate too much and struggled with weight problems- what many guys thinks constitutes "a lot" of food. I listen to them tell me their daily diet, and I'm like, "Shit, I ate that at 4AM when I woke up and got lost on my way to the bathroom."

I guess for a lot of people, the sensation of being "full" (and I mean truly FULL) is as unpleasant as is walking around on an empty stomach for other people.

FCFighter316 said:
nah dude its all good, interesting comments like these keep threads alive. Whats ur current weight? Cuz no weight goal is too high

Right now im bordering 185 to 190 i think...somewhere aroudn there

I can't add much more but you will NOT gain noticeable muscle mass without upping your calories.

I was 140 just wanting to gain weighte ( im a skinny bastard). I was working out before but not eating really great so i didnt gain weight. But now im eating good. In the last 2 weeks i gained a solid 7 pounds. Didnt get chubby at all either or any of that shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back