ok ok glover is next

G

GermanAngst

but who is next for alex.
davis machida ... there is no real alternatives

Machida is dropping to MW.

If Gus and Davis stay adamant about refusing to fight each other unless the title is on the line then the most likely choices are Lil Nog, Cormier, Bader, or Rashad(if he beats Chael).

Both of those are unlikely so let us hope there are alternatives.

Isn't Machida at MW fighting Kennedy now?

Gus could fight the winner of Rashad/Chael, though I wouldn't say Rashad would be easy for him. Chael's good, but Gus has shown his TDD has really come along against Jones, I think he's way past Chael right now.

simple matter of either Hashad/Chael or Lil Nog in my opinion. Mousasi is an outside the box alternative since they were slated to fight anyway.

Someone with a big enough name, who is ranked, and who he's likely to beat -> Lil' Nog.

Evans when he beats Sonnen, Lil Nog as the Shogun fight wont be happening and they were meant to fight each other in Sweden or Mousasi is Mousasi stays at LHW.

I like the Lil nog fight most. That would be a real fun stylistically and Nog is coming off the Rashad Evans win who was top 5 or close to it at the time.

That would be a great main event for a fuel card in Sweden.

The Vitor/Henderson winner is somewhat of a possibility as well which hasn't been mentioned ITT. More so Henderson than Belfort but you never know what Vitor will want to do.

I just hope it's not Cormier. Everybody else I see him beating pretty easily at LHW, Cormier would be a tough fight.

They gave the tittle shot to glover?? I cant belive the ufc still does whatever jones want, both gus and phil deserve this shot, they only want jones to break record

Lil Nog in Sweden seems likely to me. Nog is big enough of a name, and I don't think they're expecting Gus losing against Nog. And I don't see how he loses that fight either.

470px-UFC_on_FUEL_2.jpg

My pick

Rashad, Cormier and Machida all beat him in my opinion. Him and Davis won't fight, so I don't know..........maybe Rogerio if he's still around.

Rashad, Cormier and Machida all beat him in my opinion. Him and Davis won't fight, so I don't know..........maybe Rogerio if he's still around.

While I agree 100% with you, you'll prolly be flamed by the Viking legion.

Rashad and Machida?
Why?
Honestly curious.

I can't see Rashad wrestle-fucking the Gus we just saw against Jones, and I can't see him outstriking any version of Gus we've seen in the past 3 years (thereabouts). Gus is fast, long, and he hits hard. I think he'd do to Rashad what Machida did, more or less.

Machida, though, could be one of the worst match-ups for Gus, and I can envision him outpointing the Swede. But Gus' next fight has a good chance of being the main event, and that gives The Mauler 5 rounds to drop The Dragon. Machida doesn't push the pace, so he's not likely to gas Gus the way Jones inadvertently did, and his power seems to depend on his opponents making mistakes.

Not to mention that they are both older fighters who are likely as good now as they're ever going to be.

While I agree 100% with you, you'll prolly be flamed by the Viking legion.

Not flaming, just hoping to be enlightened :)

wow. Cant believe Jones really went out there like that and just begged out of the Gus fight b/c he thinks it could ruin his chance of shattering the record.

In my book Jon Jones has went from one of my favorite fighters to probably the biggest coward in MMA, regardless of his physical talent.

Back