ok ok glover is next

Rashad and Machida?
Why?
Honestly curious.

I can't see Rashad wrestle-fucking the Gus we just saw against Jones, and I can't see him outstriking any version of Gus we've seen in the past 3 years (thereabouts). Gus is fast, long, and he hits hard. I think he'd do to Rashad what Machida did, more or less.

Machida, though, could be one of the worst match-ups for Gus, and I can envision him outpointing the Swede. But Gus' next fight has a good chance of being the main event, and that gives The Mauler 5 rounds to drop The Dragon. Machida doesn't push the pace, so he's not likely to gas Gus the way Jones inadvertently did, and his power seems to depend on his opponents making mistakes.

Not to mention that they are both older fighters who are likely as good now as they're ever going to be.

Not flaming, just hoping to be enlightened :)

I wonder if Machida would like to fight Gus at this point. Same risks as fighting Bones, less reward. I think he'd rather stay in the relative safety of the MW division.

wow. Cant believe Jones really went out there like that and just begged out of the Gus fight b/c he thinks it could ruin his chance of shattering the record.

In my book Jon Jones has went from one of my favorite fighters to probably the biggest coward in MMA, regardless of his physical talent.

this sort of opinions are overdone for me. idk and i dont care what jones really thinks, (break records bla bla )

im ok with the glover fight and i dont like the hype of immediate rematches

Lil Nog, Rashad/Chael winner.

Davis get 205 Cormier.

I wonder if Machida would like to fight Gus at this point. Same risks as fighting Bones, less reward. I think he'd rather stay in the relative safety of the MW division.

I think he'd be wise not to.
Sticking with MW and building a new name for himself there is probably his best bet at the moment.

That said, I think that if he didn't have a fight lined up, and the UFC said they'd give him a #1 contender bout with Gus, he'd jump at it.

but who is next for alex.
davis machida ... there is no real alternatives

You never know with Dan White and Joe Silva because they are so unpredictable about matchmaking. It comes down to who's going to put butts in the seats and pay per view buys.

Lil Nog or Cormier, there's nothing else that makes sense.

I really want to see Gus fight Cormier.

That would make the most sense if the UFC was truly set up as a pure athletic endeavor and not a business, but there's no sense having your actual 2nd best LHW and your potential 2nd best LHW fight before both have challenged for the title.

i'm just glad jones is coming back to new jersey! hopefully ill get to see him live for a third time.

When/where was Glover announced?

Back