oh look, Facebook lies again

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Getting ridiculous at this point. Never has a company so blatantly lied to their customers and gotten caught repeatedly, and yet still have their customers not care.

The latest one is that they are listening in on your private voice chats and then transcribing them without your permission. When asked about it Facebook claimed they only do it people who have opted in, yet in their terms and conditions it doesn't mention this practice at all, so it's impossible to opt in.

So basically they just lied again. And it's such a stupid lie because it's easy to verify, but they feel like they're untouchable because they do whatever they want and nobody ever leaves Facebook regardless of how dishonest they are. So why bother to even come up with a good lie?

Source:
https://amp.businessinsider.com/fac...transcribes-some-messenger-voice-chats-2019-8

i stopped facebooking in like 2014. basically i stopped facebooking as soon as my parents got obsessed with facebook.

same reason i quit angry birds

They have "fuck you" money.

At this point, Facebook can literally admit to using gps tracking to traffic children and nothing will happen. Marky Mark will pull out money from his couch cushions and pay a fine maybe(?)

A company this powerful can do whatever they want and nothing will happen.

I really advise folks to be careful with you y'all post and say. Your Facebook newsfeed is also being manipulated so be mindful of that as well.

I deactivated the damn thing, I don't really miss it.

lcozGVS.gif

well, people keep buying apple products too
<Fedor23>

You're a dumbass if you think that everything you type and say on Facebook, Google, Amazon etc isn't logged and recorded. These companies are full of fucking creepy ass nerds that dedicate their lives to logging and profiling the general public. Everything you say, type, post...pictures...whatever, it's all saved in their system under your name. If you think checking some box on one of their pages all the sudden automatically deletes all the information they have on you or really keeps them from ever collecting in the first place, then you're a tard.

The creepiest part is you don't even have to be on their sites to be tracked by them so there's almost no way around it.

Since I haven't used FB in probably five years now, I felt obligated to tell my kids about this latest news ..

Then I just said, fuck em..

Let the little shits figure it out on their own.

Facebook is just for sharing memes at this point.
Not only that, but it's the go to political discourse on Facebook. Well that and posting pointless links that nobody clicks on.

well, people keep buying apple products too
<Fedor23>
I've never owned an Apple product. True story. I've also never shop on Amazon.

I do however, buy from eBay constantly.

I miss the days of pics of people's crappily made food, and funny cats. All anyone does now is try to make lame political statements that they have no clue about. For narcissistic asshats now

Facebook users are not the customer. They are the product.

nearly 2 years since i deleted this shit. life is so much better without it

ZUCC the CUCC can go SUCC a FUCC

The worst thing they've actually done, IMO, was automatically subscribe everyone to the NowThis extremely liberal news feed w/o asking or informing anyone they did that

Unless you went in and deselected the feed, you were getting inundated w/ that stuff incessantly

As i only use FB for keeping in touch w' friends and sharing photos, i avoid all political stuff as much as i can. Didn't matter

They have "fuck you" money.
Chappelle had a joke about this in one of his Netflix specials.

"Man, I don't even have 'please be quiet money' right now... Jay-Z has that 'shut the fuck up money' and Beyonce has that 'no YOU shut the fuck up money'"

That's essentially FB, they have the internet not named Amazon by the balls.

Back