• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oh Boy, Weidman is in deep doo-doo, Machida is a straight up wrestla-killer.

Keep this in mind. Bones has always been at a advantage with his reach, but we all know what happen when Bones fought someone with a similar reach as him (Bones vs Gus). Bones won that fight by a small margin.

Weidman doesn't have a reach like Bones and he also has never fought someone with a sumo wrestling background as well as legitimate TDD + good striking. Weidman fans think he's going to win based on beating Anderson Silva twice? Don't get me wrong I'm a huge AS fan, but the guy has struggled against wrestlers throughout his career many people even felt that Sonnen had layed the blueprint in beating Anderson after winning so many rounds against him.

Weidman is a great fighter and can very well so prove me wrong who knows, but I wouldn't be surprised if Machida won he might be more of a difficult puzzle to crack @ 185 because he's more quicker and doesn't have to deal with fighters who have a much longer reach advantage than him and overpower him.

Weidman is the champion who is a wrestler.What happened the last time Machida fought a champion who was a wrestler?
This^^^ is the post I responded to w/ the pic. It illustrates that post. You have a problem w/ that post??? Tell him about it.

OTOH, I don't find Weidman and Jones that much different in basic styles. Both use range as their foundation. The devil is in the details, I understand, but both are wrestling based whose striking is enhanced by the threat of their TD's. Machida will have that, imo, foremost in his mind as he did w/ Jones...with the same outcome, a submission win by Weidman.
I could also provide a irrelevant point with this sentence, but I won't because it doesn't have a strong relation to the main argument. I won't point it out, but it should be pretty obvious.

I was using your own words to show you the failure of them in describing the situation. MMA Math is the transitive property, since A<B B=C C>A. It should be simple enough to see where I'm going with this. The post you were responding too said had Machida as A, Weidman as C, and JBJ as B. I wasn't meaning to directly attack you, but it irritated me that you rewarded a post that shows the same logical flaw as the thread itself by posting that picture. For someone trying to misrepresent me as inable to provide my content, you sure don't mind carrying a tired trend of posting pictures of the only 2 finished defeats in his entire instead of actually contributing something about the fight coming up. Do you understand me now?

This^^^ is the post I responded to w/ the pic. It illustrates that post. You have a problem w/ that post??? Tell him about it.

OTOH, I don't find Weidman and Jones that much different in basic styles. Both use range as their foundation. The devil is in the details, I understand, but both are wrestling based whose striking is enhanced by the threat of their TD's. Machida will have that, imo, foremost in his mind as he did w/ Jones...with the same outcome, a submission win by Weidman.

I have a problem with the fact that it is saying Weidman = Bones, Machida is not going to have a good chance in this fight. It is the same basic logical error as the thread(as I have already stated), I understand to a degree why he posted it, but posting something illogical in answer to an illogical thread doesn't make it a quality post. As I have said the posting of that picture and the Shogun one is a very tired trend that is used to discredit Machida without offering any valid points. It is like if I went to every Rumble Johnson thread and posted his finished defeats while offering no valid point.

They have similarity on the most basic levels, but I think one could argue the same to some extent about Machida's past opponents, and it still wouldn't hold much if any relevance to the fight at hand. JBJ is much more muay thai than boxing, he uses kicks extensively to establish range. Weidman primarily uses boxing and does not kick much, nor has he shown the ability to change stances throughout as Jones did to close the distance. Without a good leg kick from range to feint and incredible reach he wouldn't have landed that superman punch as hard as he did. Without the ability to change stances it is questionable how much damage Jones would have done with his two most significant punches of the fight.

That is just a very, very short summary of the differences, and non opponent specific differences are pretty significant as well, considering Machida has not only changed weight classes, but made improvements to his striking technique.

What an unintelligible mess you just spewed forth into the world. This post is terrible both in style and content. About half of it I can't decipher, and the part of it from which I can parse some kind of coherent meaning is either ignorant, purely subjective/speculative, or just plain wrong.

Weidman knows distance better than Machida? LOL. Machida's entire fighting style is based on precisely maintaining the exact distance and timing that allows him to strike while not allowing an opponent to be effective. In karate (as in other japanese martial arts), the concept is called maai, and is central to a solid understanding of the art. Look it up. And watch his fights with this in mind, you might re-evaluate your silly assessment that he is at some kind of a disadvantage managing distance in this fight (or any fight not against a guy that has a freakish 84.5" reach).

Best IQ? Smartest? I didn't know all UFC fighters were tested for IQ. Where can I see this statistic?

Best mentality? Whatever that means to you I guess? Seems pretty subjective to me.

Can't win by TKO/KO? Tell that to Munoz, Bader, Randy, Rashad, Thiago Silva, and whoever else I'm not thinking of off the top of my head. Oh and how many of those guys are wrestlers praised for having evolved strong striking skills as well? All but one.

Thank you for this. :)

Jar-Jar Binks ruined the word deep doo-doo for me.

Its possible for Weidman to go in there and sub Machida but there is absolutely nothing in Weidman's career or resume to try and put him on Bones level. Thats just very, very silly.

Its possible for Weidman to go in there and sub Machida but there is absolutely nothing in Weidman's career or resume to try and put him on Bones level. Thats just very, very silly.

Who said they're on equal levels? I said they have similarities and they do.

Chris Weidman: Middleweight's Jon Jones?

Everything that is relevant is not found on fight finder. Quit acting like you're some kind of authority that can declare something "very, very silly" w/o some kind of basis.

For all of you bettors out there, I'll throw you a bone, bet the house on Lyoto and do it before the odds go down. I've already put down a dime (that's 10K in gambler lingo). I know some of you don't have that kind of money, but my professional advice would be to gather up as much as you can and lay it down on the line.

Put up or shut up, where's the pic?

Also, Weidman is keeping the belt.

I am not sure how no one ever bumped this thread.

Surprised you have not managed to get banned for blatant trolling yet, dragonclaw.

lol @ pretending to make a 10k bet

I am not sure how no one ever bumped this thread.

Surprised you have not managed to get banned for blatant trolling yet, dragonclaw.

lol @ pretending to make a 10k bet

Why in the world would you bump this now?

You seem bitter.

PS. I'm glad you called the favorite if thats why you bumped it. I have a thread claiming Pettis would be champ right after he lost to Guida. Should I bump it too?

Why in the world would you bump this now?

You seem bitter.

PS. I'm glad you called the favorite if thats why you bumped it. I have a thread claiming Pettis would be champ right after he lost to Guida. Should I bump it too?

You seem bitter in the fact that you think I seem bitter.

Why you mad, tho?

I was actually googling "Machida wrestler killer" to see where the ridiculous idea came from that he is a "wrestler killer" (spurred by the thread about Davis being a Brazilian Killer) and ran into this gem.

It is common practice to shame posters (especially known trolls) that claim to make huge bets.

And, yes, I was right as usual.

You seem bitter in the fact that you think I seem bitter.

Why you mad, tho?

I was actually googling "Machida wrestler killer" to see where the ridiculous idea came from that he is a "wrestler killer" (spurred by the thread about Davis being a Brazilian Killer) and ran into this gem.

It is common practice to shame posters (especially known trolls) that claim to make huge bets.

And, yes, I was right as usual.

I understand that, but IMO bumps are best served right after the event took place.

To me it looked like you had a previous argument with TS, looked at his history, and decided to bump this in order to prove a point.

I could be completely wrong. Just random how you bumped this thread out of nowhere.

This is why you don't bet against The Chris. Let this be a lesson learned rookies!

I was actually googling "Machida wrestler killer" to see where the ridiculous idea came from that he is a "wrestler killer" (spurred by the thread about Davis being a Brazilian Killer) and ran into this gem..

To me it looked like you had a previous argument with TS, looked at his history, and decided to bump this in order to prove a point.

I could be completely wrong. Just random how you bumped this thread out of nowhere.

Re-read what I wrote.

What's so great about an obvious troll thread getting bumped ?

l2post

What an unintelligible mess you just spewed forth into the world. This post is terrible both in style and content. About half of it I can't decipher, and the part of it from which I can parse some kind of coherent meaning is either ignorant, purely subjective/speculative, or just plain wrong.

Weidman knows distance better than Machida? LOL. Machida's entire fighting style is based on precisely maintaining the exact distance and timing that allows him to strike while not allowing an opponent to be effective. In karate (as in other japanese martial arts), the concept is called maai, and is central to a solid understanding of the art. Look it up. And watch his fights with this in mind, you might re-evaluate your silly assessment that he is at some kind of a disadvantage managing distance in this fight (or any fight not against a guy that has a freakish 84.5" reach).

Best IQ? Smartest? I didn't know all UFC fighters were tested for IQ. Where can I see this statistic?

Best mentality? Whatever that means to you I guess? Seems pretty subjective to me.

Can't win by TKO/KO? Tell that to Munoz, Bader, Randy, Rashad, Thiago Silva, and whoever else I'm not thinking of off the top of my head. Oh and how many of those guys are wrestlers praised for having evolved strong striking skills as well? All but one.

(Couldnt find original post but this is gold)

No comment from the original TS... guess he had to sell his computer to pay that 10 large

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back