• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

Speaking only to titles, to the journey, to hours in your living room or home office assuming yourself of another flesh, in another time or world -- SP is and always will be king, IMO.

Gotta agree with you.

Even though I am a big online player with looter type games (Destiny 1, 2, the Division 1, 2 , Diablo 3, Borderlands, etc...) I will always periodically run off to play the hottest SP as soon as they come in (The last of Us, Mario, Zelda, GOW, etc..). It's the same with my online buddies. Gotta have that balance..

Last edited:
Gotta agree with you.

Even though I am big online player with looter type games (Destiny 1, 2, the Division 1, 2 , Diablo 3, Borderlands, etc...) I will always periodically run off to play the hottest SP as soon as they come it (The last of Us, Mario, Zelda, GOW, etc..). It's the same with my online buddies. Gotta have that balance..

Not big on online.
Was when it was those CoD MW OG days but just never really clicked since then.

Does Tanki on PC count ?

Nice to see Xbox enhancing 6th and 7th Generation games

Not big on online.
Was when it was those CoD MW OG days but just never really clicked since then.

Does Tanki on PC count ?

I've never played Tanki so I don't know... lol

I’ve never seen a game look that bad on the One X.
Hellblade has a 60 FPS performance mode, which you can switch to in the settings..

That's a comparison of it on the One and the series X..

The full interview confirms what I was thinking in the other thread. They can't even legally comment on things like exclusivity because the ZeniMax purchase is still in the works. I'm curious if we're going to get a firm answer once the deal is done.

First of all, I would like to say that we haven't acquired ZeniMax. We have announced our intention to acquire ZeniMax. It is going through regulatory approval and we don't see any issues there. We expect early in 2021 the deal will close. But I say that because I want people to know, I'm not sitting down with Todd Howard and Robert Altman and planning their future. Because I'm currently not allowed to do that, that would be illegal.

Series S already holding things back. Weird ray tracing is coming at a later date.

WDL_hr_MoviePoster_120720_945pm_CEST.jpg

Xbox Series X | S: The near-future London of Watch Dogs: Legion will fully benefit from the hardware accelerated raytracing of the new Xbox Series X | S; from Piccadilly Circus and its giant digital screens, to Camden High Street’s neon lights and holograms, the power of real-time ray traced reflections brings a never seen before level of realism to an urban playground. Early collaboration between Microsoft and the game teams allows the game to unlock the power of Xbox DirectStorage, meaning loading times have been massively reduced allowing for smoother world traversal and faster loading times than ever before. Upgrade from an Xbox One X copy of the game to the Xbox Series X | S* version with Xbox’s Smart Delivery technology at no extra cost.

PlayStation 5: Ray tracing on PlayStation 5 will immerse players in a city full of digital screens, holograms, and neon lights, while players can also take advantage of the Tempest 3D Audio engine to bring London to life by hearing every passing car, talking pedestrian, or drone flying overhead. Thanks to the ultra-high speed SSD, loading times will be dramatically reduced, allowing for even quicker fast-travel and seamless high-speed drives across London. Adaptive triggers enable players to enjoy hand-tuned responses, elevating the visceral feeling of high-tension moments. And lastly, you can upgrade your PlayStation 4 copy of the game to the PlayStation 5** version at no additional cost.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...e-next-generation-of-consoles-get-the-details

This was posted today by Ubisoft and it doesn't seem like ray tracing has been a problem for them on the Series S. They've even gone as far to call it "hardware accelerated ray tracing" which doesn't seem to be case with the PS5 version.

Was surprised to see that they don't have a 60fps version for any console at all but after seeing the game struggle at 4K full settings on the RTX 3090 earlier, it seems like that may not be possible. That really sucks.

When will this come out on E.A Play? Do they usually come out after exactly a year?

Upcoming Embargo Dates

Xbox Series X/S Unboxing Embargo is set for October 30th at 0:00 AM PST / 08:00 CET.

Xbox Series X/S Embargo (Review) is set for November 5th at 6:00 AM PST / 14:00 CET.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon reviews go live on November 6th at 06:00 AM PST / 14:00 CET.

Back