Official wrist lock thread

Had a purple belt try to Ezequiel Choke me . . . tapped him with a wristlock . . . from under mount. I was happy. :icon_chee

Please explain, I Ezequiel all the time and would love to be able to see this coming :D

care to elaborate on that? I fail to see how they are any more 'cheap' than any other submission.

Probably the fact that you don't need much technique to do one. You can literally wrist lock the top guy when you're mounted. You don't have to advance position or anything. All you do also is grab behind the elbow with one hand and wristlock with the other. Not technical and does not need a dominant position. Not like a rear naked choke or heel hook.

i love wrist locks. i feel that people put them out of their mind during a roll. like bjjaz said, even if you don't get the tap, you get them to move.

i've done enough hapkido to be proficient with a lot of wrist locks. it's been 7 years, but they're more useful than you think.

Ouch, got a cervical herniated disc from going "light" last Monday. Bye bye Europeans, hoping ill be good for Pan Ams.

Take care of it. Don't roll, at least not for a month or so. You need to let the inflammation get down and BJJ is doomed to inflame it. The neurosurgeon I work with said these would be his recommendations, in this order, if his patients were his family.

-Prescription antiinflammatories. Many docs have samples you can take home.
-Physical therapy including traction.
-Cortisone shot
-ANY OTHER OPTIONS
-Surgery

Take care of it. If you don't feel good by pan ams, fuck it. You only have the one neck. Make it the #1 priority now.

Probably the fact that you don't need much technique to do one. You can literally wrist lock the top guy when you're mounted. You don't have to advance position or anything. All you do also is grab behind the elbow with one hand and wristlock with the other. Not technical and does not need a dominant position. Not like a rear naked choke or heel hook.

LOL go and wrist lock someone when they have the over under and both hooks in and tell me that it is "not technical"

Back