Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlucky? She's making good money tuning her fists up on cans and doesn't have to go through the TUF 20 guaranteed shit-show. The UFC 115 division will be humming along nicely when she comes in rust-free and starts destroying.

I personally have NEVER been this excited in anticipation of a TUF season, and can't wait for the "TUF 20 guaranteed shit show" to begins! For way too many times, the show has evolved around the antics of the coaches instead of spotlighting the fighters, all that will change now.

For the next two years, the young SWs at the top of their division will continue to hone their arsenal and rakes up combat experience by fighting one another, while Jag continue wasting her prime years away crunching cans after cans.

Honestly, I think by the time she get signed years from now, the only fighters Jag could destroy will be the ones not in line for a title shot.

Felice will be going crazy without access to social media.

Some girls are gonna deal with this just fine. Most won't which will add to the pressure and drama leading upto a fight and the obvious a crazy show. Girls like Jojo seem like they will be able to handle it best and keep their emotions in control for the prize ahead.

Some girls are gonna deal with this just fine. Most won't which will add to the pressure and drama leading upto a fight and the obvious a crazy show. Girls like Jojo seem like they will be able to handle it best and keep their emotions in control for the prize ahead.

Actually, reality tv has often shone that the people who seem like they can handle the pressures are the ones who completely crack.

Actually, reality tv has often shone that the people who seem like they can handle the pressures are the ones who completely crack.

Yep.

If anything, I think an attention whore like Felice has an advantage living under 24-7 scrutiny. She'll eat that stuff up. It's people who like having privacy and don't want to 'put on a performance' that will struggle. Kind of like Miriam Nakamoto on Fight Girls. She was absolutely miserable living in front of the cameras during her time on that show.

Yep.

If anything, I think an attention whore like Felice has an advantage living under 24-7 scrutiny. She'll eat that stuff up. It's people who like having privacy and don't want to 'put on a performance' that will struggle. Kind of like Miriam Nakamoto on Fight Girls. She was absolutely miserable living in front of the cameras during her time on that show.

Agreed. Felice`s starvation from social media will be more than compensated by having cameras on her 24 hours a day.

I also agree that the coaches will largely be ignored and that the fighters will take up all of the space in the limelight. Thus, I predict (as others have) that this will not only be the best season of TUF in a long time (possibly ever), but it will catapult the women SWs into the forefront of the UFC and they will quickly become one of the most popular divisions.

Jarl

jo jo getting ready to leave for vegas...(yay!) :D

"So packing for #tuf20 I only need myself, my Scotland flag and my gumshield....right?"

10419945_526466150812627_623090075955506143_n.jpg

Agreed. Felice`s starvation from social media will be more than compensated by having cameras on her 24 hours a day.

Not to mention that this won't be Felice's first rodeo. She's already done the reality TV fight show thing. She was also on Fight Girls and unlike Nakamoto, seemed to enjoy the experience.

Sorry, I'm actually agreeing with you about Felice. And that why I stated most won't be able to handle it. I just think someone like JoJo will be able to handle it. I don't think that she will win (great chance), but my opinion still favors the wrestler/grapplers in the house for this division.

Regardless, I think this is gonna be a great show for the ufc rating wise and picking up a new fan base

Bobbi Jo Dalziel vs. Tamikka Brents (at Lightweight)

Last edited:
He just tweeted (to you I think lol) that it's not them, Murphy, or Evinger. Who could it be...

Doesn't the WSOF let fighters break contracts to sign with the UFC? Could be Aguilar.

Bellator should avoid WMMA to much of the talent is in the UFC and Invicta and even a handful are in WSOF who's out there to bring in.

They have more money than Invicta so they can bid away Invicta's fighters. Although at any point the UFC might buy Invicta.

Bellator? They struggled for years with their womens` divisions, had plenty of controversies, and ultimately gave up on the ladies. Now that women`s MMA is popular (and Invicta is slow to organize another event) they want to create another women`s division. I`m all for female fighters getting a lot of opportunities, but I`m not sure Bellator following in the footsteps of WSOF is the right way to go. But, that is just my opinion.

Jarl

P.S. So much for Tamika Brents being the next (in a long line of hopefuls) to dethrone Cyborg. She fights rather infrequently and so each of her fights seems to be like "starting over".

Cortney Casey vs. Tomo Maesawa at 115

10373825_667486673325692_6217463136891788216_n.jpg

10297733_709886749067401_6610262831592031914_n.jpg

I've been reading contradictory information about at what weight this fight is supposed to take place at. Everything from 115 to 135.

Ammies too!

10372594_722758067780269_5010525998206865663_n.jpg

--

10384141_613759188722319_645548635499582145_n.jpg

CHOOKAGIAN, HEINTZMAN PUT PERFECT RECORDS ON LINE AT CAGE FURY FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS 37

PHILADELPHIA – Combined, they have won 15 consecutive fights against no defeats, have stopped nine opponents, and claimed four titles.

Rebecca Heintzman and Katlyn Chookagian are women on a mission, and on Saturday they will collide at Cage Fury Fighting Championships 37.

The bout has “Fight of the Night” written all over it and is part of a stacked card that is set to take place here at 2300 Arena. The main event pits heavyweight champion Zu “The Eighth Wonder of the World” Anyanwu (6-2) against Keith “Bad Newz” Bell (5-3-1), while the co-main event features a battle of up-and-coming lightweight prospects, William “The Honey Badger” Algeo (5-1) against Mike “Popezilla” Pope (2-0).

Click below for more:

http://cagefuryfightingchampionship...rds-line-cage-fury-fighting-championships-37/

--
Tina L

Last edited:
jo jo getting ready to leave for vegas...(yay!) :D

"So packing for #tuf20 I only need myself, my Scotland flag and my gumshield....right?"

10419945_526466150812627_623090075955506143_n.jpg

I bet Jojo will bring some books to read in her room.

Fighters always forget to bring things that could help pass the time, and then they slowly go crazy mid-season and start stirring shit up.

They have more money than Invicta so they can bid away Invicta's fighters. Although at any point the UFC might buy Invicta.

i hope this doesnt happen, i was very wary of the ufc getting involved in wmma, not for sexist reasons but because i felt invicta was the best organization for it. any more dividing of the talent pool will be bad for the sport.
also i think all the organisations signing wmma athletes is attracting fighters before they are technically advanced enough.although i admire the conviction they show.i feel a lot turn pro too early.but then again what the hell do i know:p

Don't be too surprise when Jojo goes full "let me bang bro mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back