• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Divisions Discussion Thread #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any insight into the upcoming Curran-vs-Kagan fight? I am hoping that Curran is able to pull out the win as it seems that they both may be fighting for their jobs. Curran, being much younger, may have more of a future in the UFC. Then again, considering how little the lower-tier fighters actually get paid, getting cut and finding a new job may be a step UP in life.

On a separate note, have I missed whether or not there will be an Invicta card in December? I assume not.

Another piece of the Jo Jo Calderwood puzzle (this from her facebook Joanne Cee-wood page today):

12241520_868263576604769_3495578065878680603_n.jpg

I once stupidly hurt myself through anger, frustration and not having access to my outlet and was left with a pretty bad scar....but today 4 months later I cover it up with some awesome art work and everyday it will remind me that I was once foolish but now I am wiser and stronger for not giving up 💓👊🏽 thank you so much @aa1608tattoo #scars #nevergiveup #badtimes #inkedup #hand #tattoo #handtattoo #archangel1608tattoostudio — at Archangel 1608 Tattoo Studio.

not sure about the next invicta card, its a bit of a mythical creature at this point, i dont get my hopes up to avoid dissapointment.
my fave flyweight molly mac has a fight in 2 weeks with a nasty striker in vanessa melo at XFCI 12 . im looking forward to this one
molly-mccann.jpg

20130625093436_DSC_0334.JPG

tumblr_inline_mkhpcfcdwr1qz4rgp.gif

jojo gettin a bit carried away with all the tatoos, bonus money and inactivity, hope she fights soon or she may get one too many..

Julia Budd is fighting tomorrow against Roberta Paim Rovel (who I have never had heard of before) and eyes a title fight against Marloes next year.

while Budd isn't looking past Rovel, the big fight on her radar that she's really looking forward to is a featherweight title fight against Marloes Coenen. It's a bout she expects to be on the table next year.

"I know that this fight is a big test." Budd said, when asked if she had her eyes on the Coenen fight. "I'm not looking past it, but when we signed with the division, that was our goal. And I plan on continuing on those steps toward my goal, which is to be the Bellator 145 lb champion.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/11/18/9758048/bellator-julia-budd-interview-marloes-coenen-title-fight-2016-womens-mma-news

And there's another women's fight on this card (higher than Budd-Rovel): Arlene Blencowe vs. Gabrielle Holloway (who I've heard of, but am not overly familiar with).

Let's hope both fights are good - it would be nice if Bellator could capture some attention for their w145 division.
Please don't play muscle-blanket, Julia.

Ronda signs with Invicta FC for Cyborg super-fight in 2016.
I called it...!
Heh. To be honest I think fighting Cyborg at 145 will be a more easy win, than a rematch against Holm.
Also I would fully support that. It's cool if Invicta can have one more star, and Ronda might look better when she doesn't have to cut so much weight.

Salmimies vs. Badurek didn't happen. Badurek got ill, Anastasia Ponomarenko was supposed to be a last minute replacement but she went badly under the weight limit (50,5 kg with clothes on for a 61 kg match) and that was scrapped too. So there was no ladies match in Cage 33 tonight.

Useless for most source in finnish: http://www.fightsport.fi/uutiset/cage-33-suvi-salmimies-ottelu-peruttu

Knapp is on MMA Hour tomorrow, lets hope it's to announce some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back