• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Divisions Discussion Thread #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just now had finally time to watch this

WOW

What an absolute spectacular performance by Holm.

Wow, wow, wow.

The Preacher is behind Holly Holm

“Holly and I met at a little restaurant,” he said. “… We got to talking, and I said, ‘You know, things haven’t really turned out that good for me, Holly, but I have a feeling you’re gonna be pretty well known someday.’

“She looked across the table at me and she said, ‘Dad, I feel the same way.’ ”

Wonder what Salty Cupcake thinks about this tweet...

Last Call podcast interview with Randa!

randa-markos.jpg

Good to hear Invicta picked up Hill. It would be awesome if she returned to AW - that would really shake up that division. Now...if Invicta would just give their fighters some work and host events regularly.

Jarl

Inside MMA devoting entire show to Holly Holm

“INSIDE MMA SPECIAL EDITION: HOLLY HOLM airs live this Friday, Nov. 20 an hour early at 11:30pE/8:30pP, with series hosts Kenny Rice and UFC Hall of Famer Bas Rutten. The show will look back at some of Holm’s greatest interviews from her numerous appearances on INSIDE MMA and expects to welcome Legacy President Mick Maynard, who had the vision to sign Holm in 2013, and more guests to be announced.

I wonder if they are profitable yet.

We will never know, just like all other privately-owned LLC's.

I hope they'd get pay x mount of dollar for each Fight Pass customer watching the live show. Invicta is pretty much the biggest reason why I still have FP.

Indeed, we don`t/can`t/won`t know...but paying Cyborg 90K per beatdown can`t be helping that. I think they would be just fine if they didn`t try to showcase their "superstar" fighters so much and instead focus on their "rising stars" and "potential stars". Just my two yen.

Jarl

P.S. @Sherdoggy...indeed, the value of my 2 yen opinion has gone down....but, back in like 2008-09, the yen was killing it vs. pretty much every currency. I went on huge shopping trips every time I was overseas. Ahhhh, the good old days. :) It waxes and wanes but 1 cent is more or less equal to 1 yen.

but paying Cyborg 90K per beatdown can`t be helping that
Wasn't there talk that she was being paid by Zuffa or was that all speculation?
Just my two yen.

A yen is worth 0.0081 US dollars right now, but if you put in 2 yen in the "yen to dollar calculator" on Google, it says it's worth 2 cents. Funny.

Here's a little something that each of you can share in every new hate threads popping up in the Heavies from the Sherdog Hardcores Class of 2015:

2DEn0fK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back