• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Szabova definitely will need a tune up fight first, & provided she wins I’d sign her. Bouncing back from pregnancy to fight in the UFC is quite a difficult ask.

I’m ok with giving Martins & Bella Mir a year or two to develop themselves further before they start taking on UFC level athletes. I know Titan FC was considering opening up a bantamweight division with Lauren Bensinger as the first athlete signed. I would love to see that, as the UFC needs a place to send 135 prospects like Sora Rakhmonova, Martins, Szabova, & Mir.
Titan is bottom tier of the Fight Pass promotions. Those ladies are better off wherever they are now, more likely to face actual challenges.

picks this week:
- motivated lipski gets caught by zombie girl (as much as it pains me to say) ETA: EYE GOUGES!!
- hill gets laid on for 2 rounds and loses a split to loopy (pls make it a brawl pls gods)
- ??? sorry...
- mrs. nunes to overcompensate and streamroll demotivated calvillo

Lipski by sub. Should be a good fight. Hoping Lipski turns all queen of violence. And a no nonsense ref prevents shenanigans from Cachoeira. No eye gouging! Maybe arm or leg breaking. If legal of course.

Godinez by decision. I like Angela Hill. She always scraps. She has received numerous badly judged split decision losses. And here she is this week being upbeat and positive. Loopy though is on a good streak and could be more that Angela can handle.

Calvillo by decision. Man this one feels tough to call. If Calvillo uses her well rounded game and includes her grappling she has a good shot. But that’s a big if. And how will Nina Nunes look after the long layoff?

Jauregui by decision. I’m not very familiar with her or Lucinda. Looking forward to seeing how they both perform.

Also I don’t know I’ve anyone is watching Bellator right now but Justine Kish has to have the worst striking out of any Muay Thai champ, ever.
And why are Kish and Bennett rematching when they just fought 6 months ago? It was a dominant win the first time.

Last edited:
Also I don’t know I’ve anyone is watching Bellator right now but Justine Kish has to have the worst striking out of any Muay Thai champ, ever.
And why are Kish and Bennett rematching when they just fought 6 months ago? It was a dominant win the first time.

Not watching. Kish, in addition to technique suffers from being just slow. As in really not fast.

Ediana “Mel Pitbull” Silva, 12-2 Strawweight. Recently fought in LFA’s Brazil event. Record is, shall we say, very Brazilian.

I said this before but I don't get why these WMMA girls train at Syndicate. It seems like the only one it worked out for was Roxy. If we are being honest things might have been better if she joined a better gym. I used to love watching Cynthia fight and now she is close to joining my don't watch list. After the first minute or two I turned that fight off. You could already tell it was going to be boring. Since the UFC did not tweet out 1 highlight I can tell I made the right decision.

Back