• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #25

With or without Macy, there just isn't enough talent worldwide at 145 to 2 promotions share it, after a lot of scouting i gave up a long time ago, i hope Cris leaves to Bellator once her contract is up, maybe she could fight on Zuffa Boxing before, but yeah her future isn't with UFC.
I also hope to see Spencer going to Bellator down the road.
tenor.gif

It's for the better in my opinion, UFC-only fans are usually less respectful than the average, and more open minded, Bellator consumer.
I'm actually tired of reading sexist shit/fighter bashing towards Cyborg on the heavies.

...i hope Cris leaves to Bellator once her contract is up, maybe she could fight on Zuffa Boxing before, but yeah her future isn't with UFC...

I've always thought she should take the Bork career path and do both UFC and pro wrasslin'. She would make a great "villain" in the wrestling scene and could still kick ass in UFC. Better than fighting once every year or two.

It kind of makes you wonder why Aspen Ladd (so desperately) wants to beat down Bethe. Slaughtering Bethe wouldn't really help Ladd's ranking/career at this point...is it personal? Anyone with any insight?

Jarl

It kind of makes you wonder why Aspen Ladd (so desperately) wants to beat down Bethe. Slaughtering Bethe wouldn't really help Ladd's ranking/career at this point...is it personal? Anyone with any insight?

Jarl

She's unlikable and not any good. I don't blame Aspen. haha.

She's unlikable and not any good. I don't blame Aspen. haha.
I actually kinda do blame Aspen.
Bethe is one of the least liked female fighters (a bit unjustified imo), picking on her is really easy. Unless there's some behind the scenes stuff I'm not aware of, I can't help feeling this I'm-gonna-beat-you-up-just-because talk from Ladd is just a rather cheap way to "get some fans".

Bethe is one of the least liked female fighters (a bit unjustified imo), picking on her is really easy. Unless there's some behind the scenes stuff I'm not aware of, I can't help feeling this I'm-gonna-beat-you-up-just-because talk from Ladd is just a rather cheap way to "get some fans".
Maybe it is a sort of psychological warfare directed at the division as a whole.
Aspen is primarily a ground-and-pound finisher.
And ground-and-pound seems to me like an especially vicious sort of finish to emphasize in one's style, requiring as it does a prolonged viciously violent execution.
Sending out a message that her enjoyment of finishing someone in that manner even transcends the enjoyment of climbing in the rankings, might be a way of casting herself as a fighter with a very scary sort of violent mentality.

Macy Chiasson winner of the 145lb TUF 28 season is fighting at UFC235 at.......135lbs against Gina Mazany
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/12...-macy-chiasson-to-face-gina-mazany-at-ufc-235

That's it I officially give up, there will never ever be anything even closely resembling a 145lb division outside of Bellator.
e27c0c31905128c9e5c61ea3f027e702_w200.gif

With or without Macy, there just isn't enough talent worldwide at 145 to 2 promotions share it, after a lot of scouting i gave up a long time ago, i hope Cris leaves to Bellator once her contract is up, maybe she could fight on Zuffa Boxing before, but yeah her future isn't with UFC.
I also hope to see Spencer going to Bellator down the road.

There is talent at 145 but just not ready for the big time yet. still a growing and developing division and like i have said in the past, will take a few years. Actually 155 is looking like it could develop a lot faster especially if the PFL stays true to its word on doing a lightweight tournament.

I also am pulling for Cyborg to go Bellator - besides actually have 145ers there, she can expand into boxing (the Cecilia Braekus match is intriguing) and probably have her biggest payday in a rematch with Jorina Baars at Bellator kickboxing

Merry Christmas my fellow degenerates connoisseurs of the facepunching art ❤️:)

Hope you guys had a great one and can enjoy the upcoming fights as much as RENA-chan enjoys dressing her buddies :p

Back atcha. Rena's the best & so are her dogs. She's opening the big Rizin show. It's an honor in Japan. Every fight's of interest for different reasons. The card has something for everyone. Asakura-Hamasaki, Shinju Auclair, Gabi Garcia (don't know if she's fighting a grandmother) & Tenshin - Mayweather exhibition.

Back atcha. Rena's the best & so are her dogs. She's opening the big Rizin show. It's an honor in Japan. Every fight's of interest for different reasons. The card has something for everyone. Asakura-Hamasaki, Shinju Auclair, Gabi Garcia (don't know if she's fighting a grandmother) & Tenshin - Mayweather exhibition.
This time there's a decent chance that Gabi gets KO'd! :cool:
I'm excited. Her opponent doesn't seem like any world beater but judging from first impressions is good enough to make it interesting.

I've always thought she should take the Bork career path and do both UFC and pro wrasslin'. She would make a great "villain" in the wrestling scene and could still kick ass in UFC. Better than fighting once every year or two.
Pro wrestling isn't my thing, tbh barely it's a thing in Brazil, personally i couldn't watch it for 10 minutes without being disgusted, but i would guess that to some people it comes natural, as a talent, while to others athletes the transition may feel inorganic, forced and just odd. I think Cyborg is in the second group. She has a strong accent, not that good English and a deep manly voice. Doubt she would make a good pro wrestler without training, without investing many hours in that.
Therefore, i think Cyborg should leave that option for the future, for when she's retired and done with real combat sports.
I don't think there's anything wrong with Ladd trying to get more fans by beating a obnoxious fighter in Bethe. Not cheap at all. She's trying to fight her. Cheap is twitter trash talk and all this cringy shit that became super popular since that McGregor clown appeared.

There is talent at 145 but just not ready for the big time yet. still a growing and developing division and like i have said in the past, will take a few years. Actually 155 is looking like it could develop a lot faster especially if the PFL stays true to its word on doing a lightweight tournament.

I also am pulling for Cyborg to go Bellator - besides actually have 145ers there, she can expand into boxing (the Cecilia Braekus match is intriguing) and probably have her biggest payday in a rematch with Jorina Baars at Bellator kickboxing

I am hoping for Cyborg just to go. The Cecilia match is intriguing only to see what happens when she faces someone else with actual striking skill. Remember her fight with Baars? There you go. And before anyone makes any comment about size and that fight, Baars does not cut water.

I just have no use for freakshow fights and mismatches.

Jarl

Bethe is well-known among causal fans.

This would help Ladd's career more than beating no-name higher ranked fighters.

I'd still rather not see Cris go to Bellator.
Mostly for selfish convenience reasons, as I already follow UFC somewhat closely but don't really do so for Bellator.

Mixed feelings about "expanding". In general I'm not much of a fan of fighters crossing over into other combat sports for "super"fights. But if no interesting opponents can be found for her in MMA...meh, ok.
I kinda doubt the paydays will be that big tho. I don't have the numbers here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but iirc while Cyborg was the highest paid fighter on that card for her fight against Baars, she still made less there than she does in the UFC.

I'd still rather not see Cris go to Bellator.
Mostly for selfish convenience reasons, as I already follow UFC somewhat closely but don't really do so for Bellator.

Mixed feelings about "expanding". In general I'm not much of a fan of fighters crossing over into other combat sports for "super"fights. But if no interesting opponents can be found for her in MMA...meh, ok.
I kinda doubt the paydays will be that big tho. I don't have the numbers here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but iirc while Cyborg was the highest paid fighter on that card for her fight against Baars, she still made less there than she does in the UFC.

You are quite correct about the pay. $25K for the fight.

Pro wrestling isn't my thing, tbh barely it's a thing in Brazil, personally i couldn't watch it for 10 minutes without being disgusted, but i would guess that to some people it comes natural, as a talent, while to others athletes the transition may feel inorganic, forced and just odd. I think Cyborg is in the second group. She has a strong accent, not that good English and a deep manly voice. Doubt she would make a good pro wrestler without training, without investing many hours in that.
Therefore, i think Cyborg should leave that option for the future, for when she's retired and done with real combat sports.
Iirc there actually were some feelers put out from Cyborg's side and also from some people in pro wrestling towards Cyborg.
But a poster here that seems rather knowledgeable about wrestling said that's not gonna happen.
Which is fine by me tbh. I don't like pro wrestling and wish it would mix with MMA a lot less.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Ladd trying to get more fans by beating a obnoxious fighter in Bethe. Not cheap at all. She's trying to fight her. Cheap is twitter trash talk and all this cringy shit that became super popular since that McGregor clown appeared.
Excessive over the top trash talk a la Conor isn't really my cup of tea either.
But pandering to fans by taking shots at very easy targets is not much better imo. Actually I think I find it worse - would prefer some shit talk between "equals", even if somewhat trashy, to that.

Im also not into pro wrasslin... But "gigantes do ringue" was quite a thing
Hahaha

I (again, cause I wanted to check Ronda in Wrestlemania and got hooked on the amazing nipponese chicks WWE has now and some other superb stuntspeople) like rasslin. This stuff genuinely entertains me a lot:

tumblr_ovepawftOu1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

tenor.gif

But I wish the road MMA as a sport (led by UFC in this era) has taken to having more rasslin-like promotional stuff would end. If fighters want to make an extra buck or otherwise dabble in rasslin, that's cool, just like if they go to act in movies. But even attempting to keep the sport a sport would be nice. Becoming more like rassling makes me sad. Georges don't rassle.

/tangent

Last edited:
Agree with everyone who dislikes the shit-talking. Really it reminds me of kids trying to talk themselves into having the balls to fight while one or both is secretly hoping a teacher will show up and break it up. It was annoying to me then, it is annoying to me now. And if the UFC wants to be taken as a serious sport by the mainstream (something they claim) then they should not follow the "sports-entertainment" route. Seems simple.

I thought "pro wrestling" only existed so NASCAR fans could actually have someone to look down on?

:)

I thought "pro wrestling" only existed so NASCAR fans could actually have someone to look down on?

Pretty much :D The key (for me) is to avoid the weekly shows at all costs (the "stories" and the soap-opera level scripting performed by people who aren't good at delivering lines) and only see the big shows that are based on the stunt-stuff.

Back