• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I know it's a little late (as the former Emperor's birthday was the 23rd, which was a Sunday, moving the holiday to the 24th), but Happy Holidays to all.

So, who we got?... Cyborg or Nunes? (I think they both go into the middle of cage to "prove something"...and Nunes melts her
Nunes melts Cyborg? Bold prediction. I don't know if you are a betting man, but Amanda is a significant underdog. I'm big on Cyborg myself. She''s too big, hits too hard, is very well rounded and her cardio is too good compared to Amanda. Also big on Cat over Megan- if Holly can take Megan down, Cat will take her down and maul her. Holly herself will be too big a step up for Aspen in quality of opponent. Holly will be able to keep it on the feet or get up if taken down and will out strike Aspen.

One good thing about UFC 232 getting moved to California, we'll now get fight night weights for everyone.
By this time next week we'll know how heavy Cyborg, Nunes, Cat, and Megan really are when they step in the cage.

Nunes melts Cyborg? Bold prediction. I don't know if you are a betting man, but Amanda is a significant underdog. I'm big on Cyborg myself. She''s too big, hits too hard, is very well rounded and her cardio is too good compared to Amanda. Also big on Cat over Megan- if Holly can take Megan down, Cat will take her down and maul her. Holly herself will be too big a step up for Aspen in quality of opponent. Holly will be able to keep it on the feet or get up if taken down and will out strike Aspen.

Agree with you on the first two. Not sure about the third. I think Aspen a big 135 er also and Holly is not really a skilled grappler. She gets away with being a great athlete in a field where women are not always the best athletes, and this makes up for her skill deficit in certain areas. I am 50-50 on this fight.

One good thing about UFC 232 getting moved to California, we'll now get fight night weights for everyone.
By this time next week we'll know how heavy Cyborg, Nunes, Cat, and Megan really are when they step in the cage.

I wish everybody would do this.

Cat, at least, has pictures of herself at various weights and says she is only 135 for about an hour.

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit - busy season at work. Updating results from November and December this week and will have my annual stats article up in a few weeks once I go over fights i may have missed this past year. Can also give you my thoughts if end of the year awards.

Getting from several sources Pearl Gonzalez vs. Vanessa Porto set for the vacant Invictafc 125 title. Won't be the January card though.

Merry Christmas everybody !

Videos of the thunder fight GP from last friday:

- Joice Mara x Vanessa Barbosa

- Daiana Torquato x Aline Sattelmeyer

- Finals: Joice Mara x Daiana Torquato

EDIT: The semi-finals were 2 Rounds and no elbows allowed, final was 3 rounds and full Unified rules.

Hamasaki UD
Zingano by 2nd round tko/sub (if Holm wrestlefucked Megan, what zingano will do?)

Ladd vs Holm, if materializes, will be a very interrsting bout. I beII believe Holm manages to get a decision.

I'm not a Holm fan, but she deserves credit for being willing to fight ANYONE. Ignoring wins and losses, it's impressive that she has fought just about every big name at 135 and 145. I think the entire bantam weight division has been looking for excuses NOT to fight Ladd, but if anybody is down, it's Holly. Good for her.

LOLing at Ladd saying just just wants to beat up Bethe!

Yes, my Cyborg-Nunes prediction is "out there" (and I could be wrong)...but my prediction is based on a few things. First, both women hit hard, but I think Nunes is more accurate and knows how to use her jab. Cyborg has a tough chin...but she got got knocked down by Baars (wearing MT gloves) and I think Nunes can hit her just as hard. Second, I'm not convinced Cyborg has a bigger gas tank than Nunes. Third, I think Nunes is significantly better on the ground if it goes there. Fourth, Cyborg relies a lot on her reputation for dominance and the psychological advantage that comes with that. Rousey looked equally confident until she couldn't implement her plan; then she looked lost, panicked, and fragile. Cyborg used to just bull rush her smaller opponents and swarm them with lots of hard punches. Recently, she has been more patient, but she is still willing to trade with smaller, less powerful opponents until they break (take a lot of damage) and she can swarm them. But, I'm wondering what will happen to Cyborg if she starts losing some exchanges with Nunes. We'll see.

Jarl

Merry Christmas my fellow degenerates connoisseurs of the facepunching art ❤️:)

Hope you guys had a great one and can enjoy the upcoming fights as much as RENA-chan enjoys dressing her buddies :p

Not to be morbid but I think that Cyborg-Nunes will end up with one or both
leaving in the back of a ambulance since they both hit like men and have in
previous fights sent opponents to the emergency room.

I'm not a Holm fan, but she deserves credit for being willing to fight ANYONE. Ignoring wins and losses, it's impressive that she has fought just about every big name at 135 and 145. I think the entire bantam weight division has been looking for excuses NOT to fight Ladd, but if anybody is down, it's Holly. Good for her.

LOLing at Ladd saying just just wants to beat up Bethe!

Yes, my Cyborg-Nunes prediction is "out there" (and I could be wrong)...but my prediction is based on a few things. First, both women hit hard, but I think Nunes is more accurate and knows how to use her jab. Cyborg has a tough chin...but she got got knocked down by Baars (wearing MT gloves) and I think Nunes can hit her just as hard. Second, I'm not convinced Cyborg has a bigger gas tank than Nunes. Third, I think Nunes is significantly better on the ground if it goes there. Fourth, Cyborg relies a lot on her reputation for dominance and the psychological advantage that comes with that. Rousey looked equally confident until she couldn't implement her plan; then she looked lost, panicked, and fragile. Cyborg used to just bull rush her smaller opponents and swarm them with lots of hard punches. Recently, she has been more patient, but she is still willing to trade with smaller, less powerful opponents until they break (take a lot of damage) and she can swarm them. But, I'm wondering what will happen to Cyborg if she starts losing some exchanges with Nunes. We'll see.

Jarl
That's a thing i believe no one understand. Why Ladd wants Bethe? Im not looking at the ring as i type this reply but i believe Ladd is already ranked above Bethe. Not only that, but Bethe is coming of of a loss while Ladd is on a winning streak. Evinger vs Bethe is the right thing to do since Evinger didnt seem to show her game on her both UFC opportunities.

Also, i agree on your prediction about Nunes/Cyborg. But cant say much. In four days we will say how this will end haha.

Macy Chiasson winner of the 145lb TUF 28 season is fighting at UFC235 at.......135lbs against Gina Mazany
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/12...-macy-chiasson-to-face-gina-mazany-at-ufc-235

That's it I officially give up, there will never ever be anything even closely resembling a 145lb division outside of Bellator.
e27c0c31905128c9e5c61ea3f027e702_w200.gif

Last edited:
That's it I officially give up, there will never ever be anything even closely resembling a 145lb division outside of Bellator.
With or without Macy, there just isn't enough talent worldwide at 145 to 2 promotions share it, after a lot of scouting i gave up a long time ago, i hope Cris leaves to Bellator once her contract is up, maybe she could fight on Zuffa Boxing before, but yeah her future isn't with UFC.
I also hope to see Spencer going to Bellator down the road.

Back