• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Seriously? Are the UFC matchmakers fucking morons or are they trying to kill Grasso's career?

It's obviously not an ideal match-up for Grasso. But, if she requested that fight, then her "badass score" goes up a few points. I respect Torres and Leslie Smith for the same reason; there is something admirable about a fighter stepping in to face that killer no one else wants to face...especially if it's not for a title or title-contender status.

Grasso has a puncher's chance, but I think this fight will look like the SW version of Barboza vs. Nurmagomedov. No doubt she has trained a lot since then, but I remember Grasso really struggling on the ground vs. Inoue...almost panicking.

I think Grasso-Lima would have made more sense (coming off losses, strikers, etc.)

Jarl

P.S. Mixed up the chronology on Grasso's fights with Markos and Herrig.

Last edited:
It's obviously not an ideal match-up for Grasso. But, if she requested that fight, then her "badass score" goes up a few points. I respect Torres and Leslie Smith for the same reason; there is something admirable about a fighter stepping in to face that killer no one else wants to face...especially if it's not for a title or title-contender status.

Grasso has a puncher's chance, but I think this fight will look like the SW version of Barboza vs. Nurmagomedov. No doubt she has trained a lot since then, but I remember Grasso really struggling on the ground vs. Inoue...almost panicking.

I think Grasso-Lima would have made more sense (coming off losses, strikers, etc.)

Jarl
Grasso is coming off a win.

Ashlee Evans-Smith shocked Bec Rawlings took their UFC 223 fight & says she's a bad role model

Never thought I would have to skip a Grasso fight :(

And in the for pervs matchup, hopefully Macedo kicks the arse of "i am just a dumb girl, hee hee, so i am no responsible for my PEDuse, hee" Lee.

Hm, that came out a bit grouchy, need my mornin coffees....

I wouldn't necessarily say Suarez is a bad matchup for Grasso. If she can keep things standing then I can see it getting interesting, but that's only if she can keep it standing. I think Suarez is just gonna power her way into takedowns and just get to work. Hopefully I'm wrong and this fight is closer than I think. I hope Suarez goes on a tear this year, really want to see her do well.

As for Macedo vs. Lee. I'm glad Veronica is moving down, and I'm rooting for her to get the win here! :D

So what if Grasso loses against Suarez? No harm in losing to the best and good for her taking the match. The girls who play it safe are the ones who should be Invicta bound.

suarez is gonna wrestlefuck grasso back to invicta, and macedo is far too small for lee, in fact shes far too small for that weight class but doesnt want to come down
i have no interest in a bogan vs smith fight.

Might be. But we need to remember that Lee has quite a lot of ability in brainfarting victories out of her grasp.

5dE.gif

I started wondering what's been going on with Jo Jo Calderwood...
Her facebook and twitter accounts haven't been kept up to date... but fortunately her Instagram account has.

So, apparently she is still in Australia.

~
Has a boyfriend.

~
Is feeling renewed.

~
And will be training at the UFC Performance Institute in March.

Son of a bitch.... Why can't the Grasso or KGB fights be on the Atlantic City card with Aspen Ladd..... I'd have gotten the expensive tickets.

Might be. But we need to remember that Lee has quite a lot of ability in brainfarting victories out of her grasp.
This statement is so true. Its my main issue with Andrea. No matter how much of a mismatch the fight is she will make it much harder than it had to be. In her fight vs Heather Bassett the talent disparity was clearly big. No way should it have taken Andrea until the 3rd round to finish that fight. She dominated that fight but kept making low fight IQ mistakes. She is so frustrating at times because she shows flashes of the great potential she has but then she shows flashes of things that will hold her back when fighting the top girls.

Set for Fusion Fight League in Montana. Probably not going to be able to make this one

^ Beat me to it.

By the way, anyone know what happened to the ReactQ YouTube page? It's suddenly barren, and was the best source on YT for lesser known ffemale fight videos.

Back