• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Moroz to Invicta please and thank you, that was not a good showing for her. I can't at people thinking she was gonna be "the one" to beat Joanna after she tapped JoJo. Glad Angie won, hopefully she can put together a streak of wins and break into the rankings (I definitely think she could play gatekeeper into top ten or be at the bottom end of top ten working her way up the ranks). Would like to see her vs. Randa Markos or Alexa Grasso, either could be a fun fight to watch IMO.

Sooooo happy for Marion! :D McMann has now lost two fights in a row where she was dominant in the first round and then got submitted by her opponent in the second... that's gotta be a first, right? Kinda sucked seeing her reaction after she got tapped, hope she comes back strong next time round. Surely this puts Reneau in the mix, I'd give her the Zingano vs. Vieira winner in a title eliminator. The division is shallow on contenders and I feel like Marion, Ketlen or Cat could be a win away from a title shot. (I get Cat is coming off a two fight losing skid but they could sell it I guess, especially if Nunes retains against Pennington).

Andrade is pretty much number one contender. If Rose wins then I see them making this fight. Very good fight between her and Tecia. I still think we'll see Torres fight for the belt someday, hopefully she rebounds from this.

I was not going to say this, but perhaps McMann is sleeping with the wrong BJJ instructor.

My poor Loli Tornado came up "short" in the big fight again, at least she fought well and doesn't get finished...

Rin Nakai won by tko last night, people think she should be back in the ufc. Although, looking at her, I feel like USADA would be a problem

Rin Nakai won by tko last night, people think she should be back in the ufc. Although, looking at her, I feel like USADA would be a problem
Rin is underrated, she was competitive against the #3 BW GOAT and robbed against Leslie Smith who is 6'9 ;), she'll be a monster at 125 like an Asian Andrade!

As I remember it, against Calderwood Moroz charged her while punching and backed her up against the cage. She didn't stay on the outside and try and use her length. And she made quick work of Calderwood. It didn't appear like a lucky win. I think that people thought the fluke win was Namajunas over Calderwood on TUF. So since Calderwood was 9-0 in official fights and considered a top strawweight (say top 3), it was reasonable to assume at the time that Moroz was a top strawweight. Moroz got over-rated because Calderwood was over-rated.

I think Moroz was a lot better back then than she is now. Watching her fights with Calderwood and Letourneau, she was a lot more aggressive and willing to bang it out, and she was actually in range and landing good punches in most exchanges. She also had a good body kick that she was mixing nicely into her combos and in general, she just did everything a lot better. I don't know what happened to her since then, maybe she changed coaches, maybe the fight with Valerie broke her, but she just gets more tentative and fights more scared each time since then. Watching her regress is pretty sad, she was a promising fighter with better skills than almost everyone else her age. The Moroz from 3 years ago would've beaten Hill pretty handily, if she'd actually progressed instead of going backwards she'd likely be in the top 5-8 right now.

Moroz has switched camps twice since entering the UFC. First to K's Dojo in New Jersey, then to wherever she is now in the Midwest. Seems like neither of them are doing her a favor by building on her strengths.

Outside of all the punches thrown into the air in general vicinity of Hill, the thing I took away from it all was that Moroz had fully translated pre-fight interview instead of speaking English. Which is baffling.

Moroz has switched camps twice since entering the UFC. First to K's Dojo in New Jersey, then to wherever she is now in the Midwest. Seems like neither of them are doing her a favor by building on her strengths.

That could explain it. I was kinda thinking that Moroz has a similar problem as Grasso, except 50 times worse. Both of them are far more effective when they're aggressive and get in the pocket to bang it out, Moroz has the speed & reach to get in & out without getting hit that much in return while Grasso has the power to put her opponents in trouble with a good combo. But for whatever reason, they both end up fighting mostly on the outside and being less willing to exchange, and it's really killed their effectiveness. Someone needs to get them to start fighting to their strengths again, they're both young fighters with a lot of potential and it'll be sad if they don't live up to it.

Managed to catch most of this weekends fights that were easily viewable. Trying to do o1-2 reviews a day on my channel. First is already up: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGcDvJO2zrfWSFjS5JUoO_w?view_as=subscriber

Cool, gonna try & find that Seo vs. Jang fight & watch.

Edit to add: see you posted the link upthread. Thanks.

PPS :) Enjoyed the fight. Not a barnburner but I enjoy most all from around the world. Your analysis enhances it. Helps me understand more what to look for like wrist control, whether a stand - up is warranted, catching legs on the way in etc. Didn't know Ji Yeon Seo is 17 & 4-2 with only 13 months fighting. Interested in seeing her improvements in her next one.

Last edited:
Do we know who Grasso is fighting yet, Cooper, Ansaroff?

Also I see Roxy was tested, a rematch with Aaron perhaps?

AKA Andrea Lee

This isn't MMA, but Bellator featherweight Genah Fabian knocked out Invicta featherweight Charmaine Tweet by head kick last night under Muay Thai rules for the WMC championship.

This isn't MMA, but Bellator featherweight Genah Fabian knocked out Invicta featherweight Charmaine Tweet by head kick last night under Muay Thai rules for the WMC championship.

Wasn't Tweet Megan Anderson's best win?

Wasn't Tweet Megan Anderson's best win?
I’m a Megan Anderson fan, but yes. By a large amount she was her best win. Genah is no joke though. She looked to be a lot bigger than Tweet,who isn’t a small woman herself. I don’t know how she makes 145.

Edit:
Here she is weighing in

She's listed as a FLW on Sherdog lol, sure doesn't look like it if she is almost 6'.

she looked taller than tweet.
I was going by her 5'11 listing, there's also an interview of hers where she says she is 5'11 but she is a big woman either way, doesn't look thin at all at her height.

Back