Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Bec has had really bad luck with regard to getting the fight with Calderwood that she has long wanted.

FFS I was finally looking forward to Bec and Jojo getting it on. Jessy Jess is not that good so I expect Bec to win.

I was looking forward to seeing Calderwood fight too. It will be interesting to see how Jessy Jess vs Bec turns out.

I think Jess has been living in the gym for the past year or so. She'll be hungry. Bec has kids. She'll be hungry. They both have something to prove.

I'm hoping for a war.

--
Back on Heather Jo Clark for a moment. I had a feeling the UFC was going to drop her about two and a half months ago, or so. I looked over her social media for a while and it seemed to have passed. It bothered me that the UFC would drop her but since she hadn't fought for a while, for various reasons, I figured it was possible. Then she wasn't getting signed to fight in any of the upcoming fights even though she had put her name out there for at least one fight at flyweight. Nothing.

I figured it would happen. Just sucky. I hope to see her in action before long.

Last edited:
Regarding an immediate rematch I'm not sure that's best for JJ or the division. JJ may or should be out for a while. Maybe have her fight someone else first. It was awful that RR fought Nunes on her return, she should have had a tune up first. Rose versus Andrade or Gadelha would be exciting.

Saturday we'll see the long-anticipated return of Tatiana Suarez and also the always dynamic Angela Hill.

Glad Angela Lee is okay. That could have been fatal if she wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Wishing the best to Heather Jo Clark, look forward to seeing her in Invicta or elsewhere.

I was looking forward to seeing Calderwood fight too. It will be interesting to see how Jessy Jess vs Bec turns out.

I think Jess has been living in the gym for the past year or so. She'll be hungry. Bec has kids. She'll be hungry. They both have something to prove.

I'm hoping for a war.

--
Back on Heather Jo Clark for a moment. I had a feeling the UFC was going to drop her about two and a half months ago, or so. I looked over her social media for a while and it seemed to have passed. It bothered me that the UFC would drop her but since she hadn't fought for a while, for various reasons, I figured it was possible. Then she wasn't getting signed to fight in any of the upcoming fights even though she had put her name out there for at least one fight at flyweight. Nothing.

I figured it would happen. Just sucky. I hope to see her in action before long.

If I had my druthers, I would've put HJC in there with Hyatt. Winner keeps her contract. Seems like a missed opportunity for some fireworks. Very well may have brought some bad blood back to a boil. Perhaps they'll meet again some day in another org.

<{JustBleed}>

Given her inability to make weight, she cannot be too terribly hungry.

Was that wrong?

:)

Funny, but in fairness to Bec, cutting to 115 lbs seems to have been quite unhealthy for her.

When she broke her hip, I sent her a message about a syndrome called Female Athlete Triad, and she responded that that was exactly what her doctor had diagnosed her as suffering from, in addition to hypothyroidism. With Female Athlete Triad, there is under-eating-related osteoporosis (which in Bec's case led to her breaking her hip in training).

That hip break, by the way, scuttled a bout scheduled with Calderwood.

This was third or even fourth time they did not fight?

Funny, but in fairness to Bec, cutting to 115 lbs seems to have been quite unhealthy for her.

When she broke her hip, I sent her a message about a syndrome called Female Athlete Triad, and she responded that that was exactly what her doctor had diagnosed her as suffering from, in addition to hypothyroidism. With Female Athlete Triad, there is under-eating-related osteoporosis (which in Bec's case led to her breaking her hip in training).

That hip break, by the way, scuttled a bout scheduled with Calderwood.

I am familiar with female athlete triad (sports physiologist). Bec's biggest issue that is causing the problem is her poor eating habits out of camp. When she has to cut harder because she allowed her bodyfat to climb much higher, that not only makes the cut far more difficult, but the difficulty of the cut itself increases the issues she is suffering from.

Shannon Knapp confirmed that Invicta will announce the others fights in the card TODAY!!

I was hoping this fight would come out soon. Been looking for it.

Larissa Malvadeza Calvillo (Black) vs. Liana Pirosin (Gray and Black) (Catchweight about 119lbs)

I've been following Pirosin with some interest as she is fairly skilled, well rounded, and has picked up some good wins with only one loss to Viviane Pereira who is fighting in the UFC this coming weekend. Pirosin if fairly attractive so with all of these things going for her I'd expect her to get signed by a bigger org fairly soon. It was with some interest I noticed this fight ended in a split decision. Calvillo is making her pro MMA debut in this fight so I figured it would be a good one.

(I've been looking for more info on Calvillo but have not been coming up with much yet.)

Last edited:

If I had my druthers, I would've put HJC in there with Hyatt. Winner keeps her contract. Seems like a missed opportunity for some fireworks. Very well may have brought some bad blood back to a boil. Perhaps they'll meet again some day in another org.

<{JustBleed}>

I'd been thinking about that myself. I almost wrote up a little comment on it but decided not too. I guess the timing was off a little bit.

Given her inability to make weight, she cannot be too terribly hungry.

Was that wrong?

:)

Just a little bit but that's okay. Sometimes a bit of sauce is deserved. 8p

Hopefully Bec gets herself back on track health and diet wise.

<{JustBleed}>
HJC seems like a really good addition to Invicta's 115 division, which needs veteran fighters. She'd be a good test for Jandiroba in her debut.

While I like Jessy Jess, her signing is kind of puzzling to me, she's never been all that impressive to me. I'm curious to see if she gains some speed at Flyweight. Either way she'll have some size and a grappling advantage over Bec I presume.

I am familiar with female athlete triad (sports physiologist). Bec's biggest issue that is causing the problem is her poor eating habits out of camp. When she has to cut harder because she allowed her bodyfat to climb much higher, that not only makes the cut far more difficult, but the difficulty of the cut itself increases the issues she is suffering from.
I would say getting a boob job did not help her situation. In a sport where cutting weight is so important all these fighters who get boob jobs before they retire is puzzling to me. Valerie Letourneau, Bec Rawlings and even Miesha Tate made that mistake. Val always said her weight cut was fine until about 1 or 2 pounds away from making weight. Something tells me without the boob job she would have probably been on weight the hellish weight cut part began. Tate went from being from able to make 125 to struggling to make 135. In Miesha's case she did put on muscle weight over time but no chance she put on more than 10 pounds of muscle. A good portion of that weight were her new boobs. There are some other girls who got boob jobs but were small for their weight class so it was not a problem for them.

I would say getting a boob job did not help her situation. In a sport where cutting weight is so important all these fighters who get boob jobs before they retire is puzzling to me. Valerie Letourneau, Bec Rawlings and even Miesha Tate made that mistake. Val always said her weight cut was fine until about 1 or 2 pounds away from making weight. Something tells me without the boob job she would have probably been on weight the hellish weight cut part began. Tate went from being from able to make 125 to struggling to make 135. In Miesha's case she did put on muscle weight over time but no chance she put on more than 10 pounds of muscle. A good portion of that weight were her new boobs. There are some other girls who got boob jobs but were small for their weight class so it was not a problem for them.

Who knows how much someone like Bec figures that a boob job will help her...

...get laid.
...get sponsors, because more people will follow her on social media. (I expect it costs a lot for her to train at Alliance MMA and travel back and forth between Australia and California).
...land a daddy for her kids.

Wuttt.... Man I was so pumped to see JoJo fight :( Happy for Jessy Jess but I think Bec takes it. Sucks HJC got cut, but I agree about her being a good addition to Invicta, would be super down to see a HJC run in Invicta.

I feel like Markos' opponent is gonna be Moroz, rankings wise it'd make sense, would be an interesting fight because I think it could go either way. Randa might be able to scrap it out for the win though.

Anyway I'm hoping Hill and Suarez win their upcoming fights, though I wouldn't mind their opponents winning either, but I'm super excited to see Suarez back in there, hope she does well in her comeback.

Looks like PVZ is taking a page out of the Cyborg playbook. Tweet what you want to happen like its actually happening. She is signed to fight Eye in Jan.
Now we know why PVZ tweeted what she did at UFC217. She was giving us a hint at her new plans for the future. Eye just announced that once the actual fight contract came PVZ changed her mind and is now refusing to fight her. It looks like PVZ is pushing hard behind the scenes to get an undeserved title shot. What sucks is that Eye will have waited half a year for the PVZ fight after she got injured and now PVZ is refusing to fight her. This part is pure speculation but I am starting to wonder if PVZ was actually ever injured or if she used a fake injury to perfectly align herself to be ready when the TUF winner needs a challenger. She was always dancing and jumping on beds and I found that weird for a person who said she had a bad back injury that would take half a year to be fight ready.

If you figure a decent sized implant is 1000cc, that would make them about 2.2 lbs each, or 4.4 lbs. for the pair. So a smaller pair of implants (750cc) would add about 3.3 lbs.

Invicta FC 26

Jennifer Maia (14-4-1) vs. Aga Niedźwiedź (10-0)
MIZUKI (12-4) vs. Janaisa Morandin (9-1)
Vanessa Porto (18-8) vs. Milana Dudieva (11-6)
Amy Montenegro (8-2) vs. Virna Jandiroba (11-0)
Amber Brown (6-4) vs. Tessa Simpson (5-2)
Christine Ferea (1-1) vs. Karina Rodríguez (5-2)

Back