Official Women's Division Discussion #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a good fight with Zingano, and a decent metric of their relative position. But as far as rankings go, Holm vs. Zingano makes more sense, even though I like Holm for that fight (for some reason, not really a Holm fan and I like Zingano)

I deleted my post, because I didn't want to start any more arguments, but MZ coming in hot lol.

That was my sentiment though. Apathy in good people is harder to fight than weirdos in bed sheets.

I deleted my post, because I didn't want to start any more arguments, but MZ coming in hot lol.

That was my sentiment though. Apathy in good people is harder to fight than weirdos in bed sheets.

I'll delete my post as well, then.

Well I'll keep posting.

So there.

:)

UFC Strawweight Contender Claudia Gadelha Relocates Camp to Luttrell’s MMA in New Mexico

Former UFC strawweight title challenger Claudia Gadelha will hold her upcoming training camp at Luttrell's MMA in Albuquerque, N.M., after parting ways with Nova Uniao.

Sherdog.com confirmed the move on Wednesday with both Gadelha and head trainer Chris Luttrell. Luttrell, an Albuquerque police officer, was the first person to earn a black belt under Greg Jackson. Although he is no longer directly affiliated with Jackson-Wink MMA, many of the prominent gym’s fighters still work with him on occasion. Gadelha confirmed that she will also supplement her training with sparring at Jackson-Wink.

Earlier this month, Combate reported that Gadelha split with Nova Uniao following a dispute with head coach Andre Pederneiras. However, Gadelha didn’t mention any disagreement, instead saying that it was simply time for a change.
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...-MMA-in-New-Mexico-111431#wGJWpd2omWY1rJMV.99

Looks can be deceiving.

Russian MMA fighter Anastasia Yankova has, with one image, shown she doesn’t need her beauty to make headlines.

Still recovering from her brutal American debut in UFC-rival Bellator on Friday, the 25-year-old has posted an image on social media to reveal the full toll she paid to continue her unbeaten run as a professional in mixed martial arts.

Fighting in Bellator for the second time, Yankova emerged victorious in her flyweight fight against American Veta Arteaga via a split decision.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/20/this-is-a-russian-models-face-this-is-a-russian-models-face-on-mma/

Looks can be deceiving.

Russian MMA fighter Anastasia Yankova has, with one image, shown she doesn’t need her beauty to make headlines.

Still recovering from her brutal American debut in UFC-rival Bellator on Friday, the 25-year-old has posted an image on social media to reveal the full toll she paid to continue her unbeaten run as a professional in mixed martial arts.

Fighting in Bellator for the second time, Yankova emerged victorious in her flyweight fight against American Veta Arteaga via a split decision.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/20/this-is-a-russian-models-face-this-is-a-russian-models-face-on-mma/
This pic:

I'll delete my post as well, then.

I should have looked more carefully at who was saying they deleted their post, and not deleted mine. The post of Defeat Unknown deserved my "hot" response and I regret deleting that response while his post still stands. I incorrectly took it that it was him that deleted his post.

Last edited:
I made a similar themed post as you but then didn't really want to argue about it with anyone. I prefer forum arguments to be about things like how Ronda's win over Alexis Davis was fluke-ish. Alexis Davis, the sub 140lbs. goat.

Last edited:
You guys can pm me what you said if you don't want to derail this topic. I probably won't argue anything as there's nothing to argue. I said what I wanted to say. Just frustration of constantly seeing stuff I do my best to avoid.

For more than 1,070 days Ronda Rousey reigned as the Ultimate Fighting Championship Women's Bantamweight champion, and it seemed like her dominance was to remain unopposed, but after the Holly Holm upset, the title changed owners two more times, and after Miesha Tate, Brazilian fighter Amanda Nunes is the new champ.

Two of her most recent predecessors have held the belt for just over 100 days, but if we look back on the dominant way the Lioness won her fight against Tate we can predict that she'll not let her waist bling go to another fighter that easily. That being so, we decided to search for some badass facts about the new women's Bantamweight champ Amanda Nunes.

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/article...Champ-Amanda-Nunes-111125#lkLfjbd0bMGIBzgm.99

Ronda Rousey nearing return to the UFC

The long wait for Ronda Rousey to return to the UFC may soon be over.

The former women's bantamweight champion is currently in negotiations for her next fight in the Octagon with a potential matchup against Amanda Nunes as the likely opposition.

According to sources speaking to FOX Sports, Rousey has been offered a bout with Nunes as part of the UFC 207 card in Las Vegas on Dec. 30 but the fight is not set in stone yet.

At this point, the fight has only been offered but no bout agreements have been issued and negotiations are ongoing.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ronda-rousey-nearing-return-to-the-ufc-092216

I'm all about the first round of Nunes/Rousey, no way it's not completely bonkers.

Last edited:
Well, no one can accuse Val of ducking anyone. Hell, her first fight was against Kaufman. She has, I think, only had top five opponents since she came to the UFC.

I know Roxy always does cosplay at weighins; but I wonder what she'd look like with makeup, no glasses and her hair styled. Would probably make me say, "Who the hell is that?!"

Invicta FC 19 Official Weigh-ins live-stream video link thread can be found pinned to the top of the Worldwide MMA Discussion forum, or at this link:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...-9-22-2016-5-pm-pacific-8-pm-eastern.3351803/

Show begins at 5 PM Pacific, 8 PM Eastern

Is Invicta FC doing what the UFC is apparently doing now - doing the actual weigh-in in the morning, and then doing a fake weigh-in at night? 8:00 PM EST seems a late weigh-in for an event that starts 24 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back