Status
Not open for further replies.

ReactQ

Orange Belt
Reaction score
t7lg9l.png

Kailin Curran vs Emily Kagan

Rose Namajunas vs Paige VanZant

A lot of mismatches on that Invicta card (IMO)...I think we`ll see a lot of finishes.

Jarl

With her opponent being a striker with a reach advantage and poor grappling, I wonder if we'll see LnP Torres again tonight.

As boring as her last fight was, it had the entertaining side effect of making all the experts in the heavies think that she's a wrestler and another performance like that would cement it.

Got a good lol from someone's predicition: 'Rose will lose to PVZ because she does bad against grinders like Esparza and Torres' :icon_lol:

With her opponent being a striker with a reach advantage and poor grappling, I wonder if we'll see LnP Torres again tonight.

As boring as her last fight was, it had the entertaining side effect of making all the experts in the heavies think that she's a wrestler and another performance like that would cement it.

Got a good lol from someone's predicition: 'Rose will lose to PVZ because she does bad against grinders like Esparza and Torres' :icon_lol:

I lol'd so hard at anyone who thought Rose would do bad against PVZ because of the "pressure game" like how she folded against Esparza.

LOVE this fight, hope Kaufman and Valentina keep it standing

I hope so too, but I could see Shevchenko trying to grind out top position as long as possible. As spectacular as she can be, she's also a good wrestler and a seriously risk averse fighter.

I could also see Kaufman have some wrestling gameplan for Germaine that carries over to this fight.

Valentina Shevchenko vs Sarah Kaufman on the Orlando FOX show.

Props to Kaufman for fighting whoever. Super neato fight.

First I heard this.

Very cool. Nothing against Sarah, but always liked Shevchenko.

I hope so too, but I could see Shevchenko trying to grind out top position as long as possible. As spectacular as she can be, she's also a good wrestler and a seriously risk averse fighter.

I could also see Kaufman have some wrestling gameplan for Germaine that carries over to this fight.

Can't say I disagree, Kaufman having a gameplay that called for her standing with GDR ( Given GDR's standing pedigree and thus far lackluster ground game) seems silly, and Valentina is very much a safe fighter, but I'm hoping for a striking matchup

What'd you think of the fight ultimately. Pretty much a vintage Torres performance. She's looking solid. I'm a fan. It's a tall order but I'd like to see her Rose II.

Great performance by Torres!

A pity she's so lacking in strength, the kill was there but she just can't grab it. But it's fun to watch fast and accurate flurries, and it's not like anyone in the division has huge stopping power, really. Even JJ just basically beats you to a pulp instead of taking your head clean off.

I really, really hope the Torres vs. Waterson is rebooked in near future :)

Props to Tecia for defending her title of 'Best Point Fighter in WMMA' XD

What'd you think of the fight ultimately. Pretty much a vintage Torres performance. She's looking solid. I'm a fan. It's a tall order but I'd like to see her Rose II.

The first two rounds were kinda flat IMO (especially the 2nd). The 3rd was Ok because Tecia actually threw some heat (well, 2 flurries toward the end of the fight... but they were good flurries). If she had done that from the start of 3 or even in 2 then it could have been a lot more fun overall.

I dunno, I feel Tecia has seemed kind of tepid in the UFC (including the TUF fights), I also thought she seemed a lot slower than I remembered for most of the fight. She seemed a lot more aggressive and faster and 'fun' in her Invicta bouts. A fight vs Waterson would have been a lot of fun though, I hope they can rebook that. A fight vs Rose would also be fun (again) but I think Rose looks like she's improved more since the 1st fight (which was very close).

The first two rounds were kinda flat IMO (especially the 2nd). The 3rd was Ok because Tecia actually threw some heat (well, 2 flurries toward the end of the fight... but they were good flurries). If she had done that from the start of 3 or even in 2 then it could have been a lot more fun overall.

I dunno, I feel Tecia has seemed kind of tepid in the UFC (including the TUF fights), I also thought she seemed a lot slower than I remembered for most of the fight. She seemed a lot more aggressive and faster and 'fun' in her Invicta bouts. A fight vs Waterson would have been a lot of fun though, I hope they can rebook that. A fight vs Rose would also be fun (again) but I think Rose looks like she's improved more since the 1st fight (which was very close).

I agree with all that initial stuff. Invicta Tecia was super exciting to watch. Didn't have knockout power, but she was always doing something. I think Waterson would give her a lot of trouble, however.

Don't agree with the Rose stuff, though. I don't think Rose has really improved that much, or, if she has, we haven't had a chance to see it. Angela Hill is not very good and can't grapple, and anyone who honestly thought PVZ was going to be a challenge doesn't follow MMA enough.

Tecia beat Rose easily in that first fight. Rose hasn't shown enough against good competition to suggest a rematch goes any different.

for me Torres is the most overrated fighter at 115.

Cant argue with success though. While others like JoJo and Carla have hit their major roadblocks, Tecia is gradually gaining more experience and fighting a measured game that is allowing her to keep winning, even if it is not flashy or as dynamic as one would hope.

I listened to her post fight interview where she basically said she's in no hurry to get a title shot and want to build up to it in the right way.

Joanna would savage her, but I think Tecia actually has a lot of tools to give many of the other top people trouble. With Rose, she might have to worry a lot about the aggression though. Just by virtue of Tecia's style, she tends to avoid fire fights- always looking to deliver her shots, then slip punches and circle or back away awaiting her moment to close the gap again. Rose might just go balls to the walls after her, forcing Tecia to be on her bike enough that she'd lose the fight by getting walked down/bullied or have to stand her ground and engage more, in which case Rose very well might be able to put her on her back and deal damage from top position.

Reasonable. I think it's funny how Joe & Goldie acted like she's undefeated... Tsk, tsk, tsk...

TUF_20_EPISODE_ONE_SELECTS-2014-07-08-TORRES-VS-MARKOS-0489.JPG

459908608-team-pettis-fighter-carla-esparza-celebrates-gettyimages.jpg

:)

She's also had all pretty favorable matchups in the UFC so far.

Reasonable. I think it's funny how Joe & Goldie acted like she's undefeated... Tsk, tsk, tsk...

TUF_20_EPISODE_ONE_SELECTS-2014-07-08-TORRES-VS-MARKOS-0489.JPG

459908608-team-pettis-fighter-carla-esparza-celebrates-gettyimages.jpg

:)

She's also had all pretty favorable matchups in the UFC so far.

Well technically she is undefeated...but your point is taken.

Tell me Randa is going to beat KK man...

Also Esparza was largely negated by Torres which I thought was impressive given how she dealt with quality people like Penne and Rose with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back