• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Multiplatform Official Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty disc (DLC III DECEMBER)

Rate your experience playing Wo Long

• Total voters
How is the DLC gonna work with Gamepass? Am i gonna have to buy DLC for a game I don't even own?

There's definitely lag between hitting and parrying which makes the combat feel less crisp.
It's more the movement that bugs me but I didn't figure out the parry timing either. Even when I pulled it off it didn't feel nearly as satisfying as in Nioh or Sekiro.

You kind of have to learn when to parry the bosses individual attacks. It's annoying but overall I really like the game. It's worth a sticking it out.
Well I'll wait for it go on sale then. I still haven't even played Nioh 2's DLC so I should probably do that first.

How is the DLC gonna work with Gamepass? Am i gonna have to buy DLC for a game I don't even own?

I think DLC is the one think GP doesn't give away free. I think even first party games will require you to pay for DLC. Which is all fine to me because I basically don't touch DLC. Mass Effect is the only series that has made me play the DLC.

Good game. A notch below Nioh, imo, but still fun. Lu Bu has been my favorite fight so far. Choosing a stealth water build with dual swords and maxing fatal strike as much as I can.

The final boss is the shit icing on the shit cake. Parry timings all over the place that rarely work and the critical attacks one shot you. Takes no melee or elemental damage. Absolutely trash game design. Waste of $60. This is a huge miss and let down compared to even Nioh 1.

First, I want to send a hug and apology to the crew for bowing out around post № 40 (we're at № 250+ now). I saw some talking elemental this, that and wanted to F up everything on me own and learn the hard way – so abstained from discussion.

Beat WL earlier this week and have been in NG+ since. Savefile is about 75h right now but the replayability isn't there for me compared to Nioh (I've 1200h in Nioh 2 alone) so am going to put the game down and see how the expansions hit.

Had a lot of fun (with some tense sessions!) and was very impressed with level design, but want to share a few negatives from me and see if others agree. Will bullet-point for quick reading.

• Despite Team Ninja publicly stating they're moving on from Nioh series, this is just Nioh 3; the studio chose not to innovate or take creative chances on what they're already good at.
  • The combat somehow felt too arcadey; for example, I'm attacking with dual halberds and feels like I'm hitting everyone with chopsticks; I attack with a hammer but feels like I'm knocking guys with a plank of cheap wood; might be audio FX problem or bad char collision animation but combat didn't feel good in this regard.
  • Economy was terrible; they fixed this in Nioh 2 but went full Nioh 1 here, which was also terrible; upgrades and embedment so expensive; was constantly broke and saddened over not being able to wear literally 90% of sets I collect (especially from Sworn Brothers) because I couldn't afford nor have mats to upgrade to level I needed; my friend in Netherlands was with me on this after ranting to him over PS chat the other day.
  • I did not solo Zhang Liao (lightning chad); hated the fight and the narrow ATK windows turning encounter into slog; summoned buddy and we slew him; true, I deserve public-shaming but balancing issues exist in this, IMO.
  • Enemy variety was so impoverished; If I knew halfway through journey that I'd seen virtually every enemy, I would have been unmotivated to carry on.

First, I want to send a hug and apology to the crew for bowing out around post № 40 (we're at № 250+ now). I saw some talking elemental this, that and wanted to F up everything on me own and learn the hard way – so abstained from discussion.

Beat WL earlier this week and have been in NG+ since. Savefile is about 75h right now but the replayability isn't there for me compared to Nioh (I've 1200h in Nioh 2 alone) so am going to put the game down and see how the expansions hit.

Had a lot of fun (with some tense sessions!) and was very impressed with level design, but want to share a few negatives from me and see if others agree. Will bullet-point for quick reading.

• Despite Team Ninja publicly stating they're moving on from Nioh series, this is just Nioh 3; the studio chose not to innovate or take creative chances on what they're already good at.
  • The combat somehow felt too arcadey; for example, I'm attacking with dual halberds and feels like I'm hitting everyone with chopsticks; I attack with a hammer but feels like I'm knocking guys with a plank of cheap wood; might be audio FX problem or bad char collision animation but combat didn't feel good in this regard.
  • Economy was terrible; they fixed this in Nioh 2 but went full Nioh 1 here, which was also terrible; upgrades and embedment so expensive; was constantly broke and saddened over not being able to wear literally 90% of sets I collect (especially from Sworn Brothers) because I couldn't afford nor have mats to upgrade to level I needed; my friend in Netherlands was with me on this after ranting to him over PS chat the other day.
  • I did not solo Zhang Liao (lightning chad); hated the fight and the narrow ATK windows turning encounter into slog; summoned buddy and we slew him; true, I deserve public-shaming but balancing issues exist in this, IMO.
  • Enemy variety was so impoverished; If I knew halfway through journey that I'd seen virtually every enemy, I would have been unmotivated to carry on.
Yeah this is joining Sekiro as a game I quit at the last boss. I don't feel motivated to fight the last boss anymore.

The combat is so good in this, Ive not played a game with easier parry timings too.
Yeah this is joining Sekiro as a game I quit at the last boss. I don't feel motivated to fight the last boss anymore.
He's nowhere as difficult as Isshin. Isshin is on a different level.

The combat is so good in this, Ive not played a game with easier parry timings too.

I beat him. I knew I was close because I was getting to half health while still missing some parries,

Great write up and it echos a lot of how I felt with the title. The way I found my way around the currency struggle was to dismantle armor and re-sell the materials. They seemed to have not thought that one through.

I paid for the deluxe version so it’ll be interesting to see what they come up with. I left some feedback on their Twitter post asking for it today.

The parry timings may be easy but they're too imprecise to feel authentic. They also seem to fail for no reason.

Patch pushed (v1.05) with scores of quality of life changes and fixes to include more dynamic lock-on, boss drop rates (up), inventory and submenu extras, item tracking at mission level, and i-frames added post-fatal strikes. Full notes here.

Patch pushed (v1.05) with scores of quality of life changes and fixes to include more dynamic lock-on, boss drop rates (up), inventory and submenu extras, item tracking at mission level, and i-frames added post-fatal strikes. Full notes here.
It did feel like if you were locked on to an enemy, you couldn't damage others even if your weapon hit them both.

Back