Official UFN 85 Thread - Brisbane - Hunto vs Murrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a £500 parlay Hunt can close. Only concern is he has not gone to AKA Thailand for this camp. He was about 290lbs two weeks ago not sure how good that is for him a month out from a fight.

I really like Magny especially as a dog. Already have £100 on him at +225 by dec but considering SU play. Lombard has not impressed me during his UFC tenure he is 38 and he is off roids for first time. Magny's wrestling is looking really good and hes actually had a camp for once. Anyone else surprised hes not the favourite? I think he can outstrike Lombard who struggled with Boetsch and made hard work of Burkman.

I felt the same about magny when his line opened, took a bit at 2.15 but glad I held off as the price rose a bit, I could easily see the lines flip flopping with magny becoming fav as the fight nears, especially if we start to see some pics of hector with a vitor bod, cardio could be a big problem for him vs magny, who needs to push the pace early, I think lombard decision is a good hedge, I think he still has the potential to take the first 2 rounds, but could be hard pressed to take all 3 at his age. magny round 3/round 3 sub I want to hit too.

Well you say that but Breese was square as hell!

Had a big breese/rothwell(lvs barnett) parley, that fight was scary to watch, he's complete fade material against anyone decent, he has potential but I get the feeling he needs to be built up slow vs lower ranked contenders, similar to how sage was/is.

Just checked Lombard's twitter and he looks the same to me ripped as fuck. I have £100 on Magny dec @ +225 will prob lb this one hopefully the same gifts on offer last night from lb are back in two weeks. Little worried about Magnys chin in this one he was ko'd on TUF and the Chinese fighter he fought had him hurt a few fights back. If it werent for that would go big on Magny.

Gonna go big Te Huna. I've watched a LOT of Bosse (hockey player). Gotta fade him.

Was gonna go big shoeface, but not at those odds.

Also really like Case over Matthews. And Jouban over O'Reilly.

sell me on case? (not disagreeing but wanna hear why)

agreed otherwise

i like magny, man. lombard prolly off of the juice. lombard often passive/tentative. magny was outwrestling and outgrappling gastelum early, i think he has made such strides there.

think they might be going in different directions. thanks a to a friend, i got lombard +130 opener on euro book, but i'm hitting magny now on 5d.

Will be on magny as well. Guess I'll
Play him now since he looks
To be trending toward becoming the favorite

magny is 6-7 " taller, 10 years younger (lombard is 38)

lombard's had 6 fights in the ufc.. coming off of a roids suspension... and he's looked good exactly ONCE in the ufc. (...vs marquardt...)

magny's improved grappling, volume, aggression... i think he's clearly the side

Quick check on lombard twitter he does look like a freakin tank

www.instagram.com/p/BCjAAWqHDiOWha_zeNLBfq1ECM626MX7YM1lDE0

Looks like he has been training with tall opponents and wrestling also in ATT camp.

Not sure if lombard has been taken down or wrestled, the guys a black belt in judo and bjj and he competed in the Olympics, don't imagine anyone wants any part of him but otherwise despite him looking ripped and shredded I like magny also, just more volume and output id imagine he will be on his bike and will eat some leg kicks but magny is a very big guy also and can handle himself in the clinch and has improved his grappling of late.

The o2.5 @ 1.70 is decent also I reckon, magny never been ko and same with hector and magny uses his footwork and circling well already, that bisping bike will be on loan to magny in 2 weeks time.

Honestly, even if Lombard is still shredded, i'd still pick Magny to win this fight.

I'm opposite here. I'll probably be on Lombard.

Quick check on lombard twitter he does look like a freakin tank

www.instagram.com/p/BCjAAWqHDiOWha_zeNLBfq1ECM626MX7YM1lDE0

Looks like he has been training with tall opponents and wrestling also in ATT camp.

Not sure if lombard has been taken down or wrestled, the guys a black belt in judo and bjj and he competed in the Olympics, don't imagine anyone wants any part of him but otherwise despite him looking ripped and shredded I like magny also, just more volume and output id imagine he will be on his bike and will eat some leg kicks but magny is a very big guy also and can handle himself in the clinch and has improved his grappling of late.

The o2.5 @ 1.70 is decent also I reckon, magny never been ko and same with hector and magny uses his footwork and circling well already, that bisping bike will be on loan to magny in 2 weeks time.

Magny did get knocked out on tuf.

I'm opposite here. I'll probably be on Lombard.

Nice. I'm on Magny but I feel like sometimes when literally the entire group of regs itt is on one side it actually hinders my capping (or more specifically my BR management). I'm gonna be on Magny for a medium amount at the least. But I need to hear a contrary opinion to help with how much a position I take on Magny and how (and how much) I end up hedging. (I already have a small bet on Lombard by KO at +345 to hedge a bit off the fairly big bets I have on Magny).

So O what do you see as Lombard's path to victory? We saw Maia grapplefuck Magny, but that's Maia. Magny outgrappled and outscrambled Gastelum, and I'd rate Gastelum's overall grappling game as better than Lombard's. I have a hard time seeing Lombard winning a technical striking battle from range. Magny is more busy and has a big reach advantage. Lombard quite obviously has the power edge, but he tends to load up on his punches at times. To me Magny seems like a guy who's still right in his prime yet always improving while Lombard is 38 and coming off a suspension for PED's. What am I missing here? What's Lombard's clearest path to victory? And why is he favored here?

Magny did get knocked out on tuf.

True. I think he has a good chin but Lombard is definitely capable of cracking it.

That said, there literally might not be another fighter in the UFC that was on TUF that has improved as much as Magny has.

Gonna go big Te Huna. I've watched a LOT of Bosse (hockey player). Gotta fade him.

Was gonna go big shoeface, but not at those odds.

Also really like Case over Matthews. And Jouban over O'Reilly.

Yeah I'm gonna play Te Huna too for a little now and hold back some to see his itd line. Bosse has 12 pro fights, only 3 have seen the 2nd round. I will be on Te Huna for sure and probably Te Huna itd and fight does not start 2nd round as long as odds are okay.

Magny sub +885
Magny rd 3 +1700

Like the value here, hit these small.

Hunt by KO/TKO -150
Hunt wins in first round +170 or Hunt wins in second round +425

You should just take his ML at -175 instead of KO at -150
Maybe but then again its main event. If Hunt wins, he will finish Mir with strikes. Dont see how Mir lasts 5 rounds with Hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back