Official - The mermaid in Disney's "Little Mermaid" live-action movie will be played by

<{hughesimpress}>

I'm only really bothered by the blatant pandering.

Is Mulan going to be played by a gay white guy next? The Lion King played by a raccoon?

Gingers can't seem to catch a break. MJ, Triss, even the Little Mermaid.

Meh, these live action remakes are shit cash grabs anyways.
They are. Only Beauty & the Beast and Cinderella were any good. Pinocchio was a disgrace. The more they try to weave "woke" narratives into them (that aren't already there) the worse they are.

I wished they made more that weren't trying to be remakes, at all, like Favreau's The Jungle Book, but then I saw Pinocchio. If there isn't source material outside Disney they need to stick to the script. Hopefully they just changed Ariel's skin color, and nothing else.
<{hughesimpress}>

I'm only really bothered by the blatant pandering.
Yeah, it needs to stop. It's mean-spirited tongue-clucking. All they need to do is make some damn movies with more black people if there is truly an imbalance of representation. It's not like there's a dearth of talent. It seems so simple.

Instead there is a need, they've realized, to encroach on what were originally offered as race-blind properties with this agenda. Notice what happened to Shaft? They cast the highest-grossing actor of all time in a remake of an empowerment cult classic, one that had an overt political message ingrained into it, and married to a big studio production/marketing foundation.

It bombed.

This is "Prince" Eric

alternative-mumble-rap-universe.jpg

I was actually gonna come in here and say, in b4 white people crying about diversity. Who knew OP would be whining. Haha.

T. Notice what happened to Shaft? They cast the highest-grossing actor of all time in a remake of an empowerment cult classic, one that had an overt political message ingrained into it, and married to a big studio production/marketing foundation.

It bombed.

It bombed because it was badly made shit

Well at least the mermaid will have sole..............

I was actually gonna come in here and say, in b4 white people crying about diversity. Who knew OP would be whining. Haha.

I don't give too fuck about color. I wouldn't be whining if they cast someone like prime Halle Berry for example.
halle-berry-4.jpg

I'm Danish and I want you yanks to stop culturally appropriating Thor and the Mermaid or I WILL post a strongly worded protest to my Instagram!

Maybe I'll even tweet.

Last edited:
I'm Danish and I want you yanks to stop culturally appeopriating Thor and the Mermaid or I WILL post a strongly worded protest to my Instagram!

Maybe I'll even tweet.

next they will make a live-action "The Ugly Duckling" adaptation, about a gender confused boy who likes to cross dress and needs a sex change to not feel ugly, rather than finding his true family. And rather than being goose in a family of ducks, he will be a human, in a family of intolerant, white humans.

#NotMyHans

Back