Multiplatform Official Sniper Elite 5 Discussion

Nice! Thanks, rik. Looks like they went SEIII (North African campaign ca. 1942) for promotional work of this new hardback. Want to see pricing, pagecount, book size, and more but very interested in collecting it.

256 pages by the looks of it and covers the whole franchise. Between £30-35 i'm seeing so far. Looks like its A4 sized too.

PSA that if you preorder (any edition), you get Wolf Mountain DLC free (special assassination mission re: Adolf). Deluxe has some extras like a skinned, QoL-suppressed pistol from go. SE5 is launching with solo, co-op, invasions, and MP, in reminder. Hot.

New trailer below – and check out SE5 Cadet + Marksman bundles here (to include military green jacket and other swag):

A classic returns:

Time getting short:

PSA – Playable on PlayStation as of tonight:

The time has come:

Pre-installed with Gamepass.

I enjoyed the others. Should be a good time.

Have put in a couple hours already (holiday today in Nordics). Great SE instalment with a new skills presentation and very pretty on next-gen hardware.

The DualSense features for triggers and environment feedback are super immersive with third-person and first-person cameras married seamlessly depending on how hard or soft you hold fire controls plus individual weapon resistances and weights. Awesome.

Only thing I'll ding Rebellion for is, again, their lagging on char render, cutscene animations; time to step it up, boys. I personally would have preferred a 1940-50s comic-styled storyboard for cutscenes with slow pan and powerful voiceover. VA for Karl, BTW, is iconic perfection but everyone else so far, meh – a bit stuffy, really.

Don't sleep on this. Stealth and gunplay is tighter than ever.

I played for a couple of hours on the Sharpshooter difficulty and this installment seems a bit harder than 4. Not in a bad way, but just something I noticed. The game play is awesome and it looks great on my Series X. Game Pass really came through on this one. Which is cool, because The only reason I even have Game Pass is because I had to bundle two years of it in order to get a Series X. In the end it's worth it, but it's mostly games that I have no interest in playing.

Last edited:
I'm getting my butt kicked on Elite difficulty and may drop it down to Sharpshooter on my first playthrough to have some fun and mix it up. All past games are famous for difficulty on Authentic but Elite should be a sweet spot, iirc. I play a lot of FPS and don't feel rusty so not sure what's up. Pray for me, lol.

Having a blast with this game!
What mission you on now? I'm on Occupied Residence. Stone churches, flowers, country roads, lively skies – art direction and detail is top in this, smoking anything I've played in recent memory. On play, they've pushed stealth in this harder than other titles though, IMO, with unforgiving CQC when outnumbered.

Back