• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Official*** Sherdog UFC 285 Prediction Thread w/ Chance to win a Sherdog Platinum Membership(s)

94418-3278148.png
We've got very similar picks

I think there is one consensus : Bo by R1 sub lol.
Last time I looked this was like -110. Which is nuts for such a specific result, but still very bet-able if people want it. Bo by sub overall is like -140.

I'm gonna out myself as a TOTAL CASUAL but I don't actually have a Tapology acc and don't care to create one so here's my trusted Excel file:

View attachment 971271

Looking to be the most boring event ever as per me. :p
You are the only person in the universe who thinks the Bo fight is going the distance, lol.

Last time I looked this was like -110. Which is nuts for such a specific result, but still very bet-able if people want it. Bo by sub overall is like -140.
Yeah that's crazy !
I think I saw a +2500 for him losing, or something like it lol. It must be very unpleasant for the other fighter.

I’m rooting for his opponent to slow the hype. And he hasn’t even had a fight yet in the ufc. <Lmaoo>
Oh, anyway I'm not sure that a win against the fearsome Jamie Pickett will really affect his hype lol. But yeah, same, It would be cool if Pickett fought for his life and engaged in a full fledged war

Oh, anyway I'm not sure that a win against the fearsome Jamie Pickett will really affect his hype lol. But yeah, same, It would be cool if Pickett fought for his life and engaged in a full fledged war
War Pickett! Lol!

@Sasha a good day is upon us. Breathe deep. Relax. Do jumping jacks. Eaty, resty, nappy. Glad you have the day off. That’s the main step. Your hard work is done. Have fun!
Yeah, I'll have to take a nap this evening, and set an alarm up for midnight, lest I fall asleep at 4 AM.
Do you know I actually dreamed of that fight ? My streaming was not working, I was on sherdog PBP and everyone was getting crazy, Gane had knocked Jones out two minutes into the first round apparently...
Then I woke up, I don't know if I was disappointed that Gane wasn't actually champ, or glad that I hadn't actually missed the fight LMAO

Yeah, I'll have to take a nap this evening, and set an alarm up for midnight, lest I fall asleep at 4 AM.
Do you know I actually dreamed of that fight ? My streaming was not working, I was on sherdog PBP and everyone was getting crazy, Gane had knocked Jones out two minutes into the first round apparently...
Then I woke up, I don't know if I was disappointed that Gane wasn't actually champ, or glad that I hadn't actually missed the fight LMAO
Nice. How do they do the broadcast in France? Do they have their own announcers? Is there an option to hear Cormier and Bisping?

Nice. How do they do the broadcast in France? Do they have their own announcers? Is there an option to hear Cormier and Bisping?
We have a channel that broadcasts the major MMA promotions (and most fighting sports events). For the UFC, they only broadcast the main card though, so I have to watch the prelims on fight pass.

The typical setup is a PBP commentator, with Taylor Lapilus as a color commentator.
Lucie Bertaud often gives studio pre/post fight insight and analysis.

Taylor is good, he can be really biased though. The PBP commentator actually explains, quite often, some of the rules ; they know a lot of French viewers are new to MMA due to the recently lifted ban. It can get annoying sometimes. Although the explanations tend to get more and more technical now, they do have to adapt to the audience.

I hear Cormier and the boys on fight pass, but for the main card, I don't have that option.
Fun fact, on the US broadcast of the Gane/Lewis fight for the interim belt, during/after the TKO, you can hear the French commentary team at ringside literally screaming nonsensical things hysterically. Awkward moment lol.

The channel is promoting the main event as "the biggest fight in French sport history"

Last edited:
Back