RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Taylor vs Ramirez RBR Top Rank 4/22

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Baylis grabbed Ramirez’s arm in the clinch which got him to relax and Taylor was able to land the uppercut. Baylis will get someone hurt.

I would be livid if I was on Ramirez’s team.

I know some refs do this pitty patty pulling of the arms all the time, but they should not be allowed to IMO. Either let the guys fight it out or stop them and break them up.

I know some refs do this pitty patty pulling of the arms all the time, but they should not be allowed to IMO. Either let the guys fight it out or stop them and break them up.

He’s always been one to break up clinches or inside fighting quick. Thing is you can’t half ass breaking up fighters. You either do it or you don’t.

Sounds like I missed a good one . Dang

Good scrap indeed.

Agreed. Protect yourself at all times but tell the ref when he screws things up.

I didn’t have the fight nearly as close as the judges. I could only give Ramirez 3 rounds.

Was a pretty clear win, 116-110, over on that boxing scene shit hole there’s actual people that think Ramirez was robbed.

I had it 5 rounds for Ramirez 7 for Taylor. I thought Ramirez actually won the round where he got knocked down the first time but obviously because of the kd he loses it 10-8. If that round doesn’t have the kd it could very well have been a Ramirez round and the fight was a draw on all 3 judges minus the knockdowns.

closer fight than it appears to be but I still had Taylor comfortably ahead.

Honestly anybody scoring that a draw or a victory to Ramirez needs to fling some shite at themselves.

8-4 with two 10-8 rounds, easy.

i had taylor comfortably ahead, those scorecards were awfully close considering he dropped ramirez twice.

and what the fuck was up with bayless? he was falling all over himself, was at the wrong spot several times almost colliding with the fighters, borderline caused the second knockdown, never let them fight on the inside for more than 2 seconds... for fuck's sake, man.

all that aside, the right man won. josh taylor is a brilliant boxer, he handled ramirez beautifully. i didn't like how he covered up several times, or how he took the foot off the pedal in the last few rounds, but when he put in the work it was gorgeous. the man can do it all, he's sharp from the distance, he counters beautifully, he can throw punishing body shots, his foot work is sharp, he can make you miss... i wish mikey garcia wasn't an idiot and came back to 140, that would've been a glorious fight.

what's next for taylor at 140? i know he called out crawford, but let's be real here.

1). Taylor 10-9
2). Taylor 10-9
3). Ramirez 10-9
4). Draw 10-10
5). Ramirez 10-9
6). Taylor 10-8
7). Taylor 10-8
8). Taylor 10-9
9).Taylor 10-9
10). Taylor 10-9
11).Taylor 10-9
12). Ramirez 10-9

Taylor 117 - 110

Watching it live I thought it was closer. Just watched it back and it was a very clear win for Taylor.

I didn’t have the fight nearly as close as the judges. I could only give Ramirez 3 rounds.
Pretty much the same. I gave Ramirez the last round out of pity. So I had it 4 rounds to Ramirez. I thought Andre Wards scoring was a bit off but we only had it 1 round different in the end.

I'd have liked Josh to finish Ramirez, but I felt Bayliss gave him so long to recover in between knock downs, it was ridiculous!

i had taylor comfortably ahead, those scorecards were awfully close considering he dropped ramirez twice.

and what the fuck was up with bayless? he was falling all over himself, was at the wrong spot several times almost colliding with the fighters, borderline caused the second knockdown, never let them fight on the inside for more than 2 seconds... for fuck's sake, man.

all that aside, the right man won. josh taylor is a brilliant boxer, he handled ramirez beautifully. i didn't like how he covered up several times, or how he took the foot off the pedal in the last few rounds, but when he put in the work it was gorgeous. the man can do it all, he's sharp from the distance, he counters beautifully, he can throw punishing body shots, his foot work is sharp, he can make you miss... i wish mikey garcia wasn't an idiot and came back to 140, that would've been a glorious fight.

what's next for taylor at 140? i know he called out crawford, but let's be real here.

Great post mate.

In the best of all possible worlds I would like to see Taylor clean out his mandatories (Catterall would be a good homecoming fight 'cos Taylor will splatter him, Zepeda's a fight I'd watch in a heartbeat & I think JT might stop him but might have to climb off the deck himself--what's not to love?) then sit back & turn aside the lightweights... Garcia's a big lightweight, Lopez is a big lightweight, Davis is such a big super-feather he's fighting at light-welter next. Haney ain't small, either.

Any of those fights would be fucking mint. Welterweight in the last few years is a black hole of a division: it just seems to suck fighters in & then they sit on the sidelines waiting for a Manny payday or racking up paydays for fuck-all.

I admit the PBC merry-go-round got going eventually but US fans seem to cheerfully ignore it was fucking dire for years really, & Thurman being anointed out of it eventually just led to him being put into context by a 1000 year old Manny. Crawford won't fight anyone & Spence now has the Senator Pacquiao jackpot.

Sit at light-welter, Josh, & pretend you're a white Glaswegian Marvin Hagler.

Great scrap, right guy won, but as others pointed out, probably too close (though I guess Josh is parially to blame for that given his coasting).

Still, Josh is doing what most other guys won't: he's chasing greatness, and fighting top opposition consistently. Truly one of hte best rounded fighters in the game right now too, seems he can do a bit of everything and has the physical dimensions and defensive instincts to cause real trouble for anybody from 140 to 147. I hear he wants Bud next (or at least after his mandatory with Catterall). I say do it, he'll probably be the best opponent on Bud's resume. FWIW 140 also has some real talents coming up anyhow (Lee, Matias etc...) so Taylor would be justified to stick around and fight them too.

Last edited:
Thought Taylor was going to put him away. He handled business though.
Honestly it could have been stopped after the second knockdown. Ramirez took like 20 seconds to get up

Taylor should know better than to coast for the last few rounds in America and expect a win on the scorecards.

Honestly it could have been stopped after the second knockdown. Ramirez took like 20 seconds to get up
yeah that's another thing that annoyed me from bayless. ramirez gets up, the count is over, bayless lets him stand there for a few seconds, then he makes him walk toward him, takes his sweet time to wipe the gloves, then again takes his time separating the two... motherfucker you gave him like 10 seconds extra here.

jose and kenny both dragging their feet is probably what kept him in the fight.

yeah that's another thing that annoyed me from bayless. ramirez gets up, the count is over, bayless lets him stand there for a few seconds, then he makes him walk toward him, takes his sweet time to wipe the gloves, then again takes his time separating the two... motherfucker you gave him like 10 seconds extra here.

jose and kenny both dragging their feet is probably what kept him in the fight.
He did it with both knockdowns and both took almost exactly 22 seconds each. He'd have been stopped with another ref in there.

Ok well my point remains, that's the class of fighter I associate with undisputed. Was just surprised these guys did not look very impressive, just solid and the winner only had 17 pro fights.

You have no idea what you're even looking at do ya. Chuckle.

Back