• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Tank Davis vs Ryan Garcia PBC Showtime/DAZN PPV 4/22

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
gervonta-kingry-davis-garcia-tmobile.jpeg

Saturday's fight between Gervonta "Tank" Davis and Ryan Garcia is a rarity in boxing for a number of reasons. From crossing promotional and network lines to the sad reality that the sport rarely sees two young superstars willing to clash with little more than pride on the line, Davis and Garcia are not battling for championship gold, but because the two men have tied themselves to each other in the press and on social media for years. The time has come to prove who is the better man inside the ring.

Both fighters are undefeated, highly skilled and enter the fight with large fanbases. Both are also no strangers to criticism for a variety of reasons, ranging from Garcia being written off as a "social media fighter" and mentally weak to Davis facing criticism for real-life issues involving multiple accusations of domestic violence and another incident in which he was involved in a hit-and-run.

When young fighters with big personalities are in the same weight class, it's natural for fans to want to see them fight each other. It's also natural for those fighters to exchange words, claim to be the better man and either never fight or only fight once the fight has exceeded its "best by" date.
https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/ne...knesses-for-each-fighter-before-ppv-showdown/

The biggest fight of 2023 is hours away.

The biggest fight of the year is just hours away from finally being here.

The catchweight fight between Gervonta 'Tank' Davis and Ryan Garcia may resolve one of the biggest grudges in professional boxing - that is, at least until a rematch is suggested if one or two of the fighters want it.

For now though, tomorrow will sees the unbeaten pair get into the ring in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Here's everything you need to know ahead of 'Tank' Davis vs. Garcia.

WHEN IS THE 'TANK' DAVIS VS. GARCIA FIGHT TOMORROW? DATE, START TIME
  • Date: Saturday, April 22
  • Time: 8 p.m. ET / 1 a.m. BST / 2 a.m. CET
  • Main event ringwalks (approx): 11 p.m. ET / 4 a.m. BST / 5 a.m. CET
The main card is set to get underway at 8 p.m. ET / 1 a.m. BST / 2 a.m. CET with the main event ringwalks scheduled for 11 p.m. ET / 4 a.m. BST / 5 a.m. CET. These timings could change due to the length of the undercard fights.

CAN I WATCH 'TANK' DAVIS VS. GARCIA ON DAZN TOMORROW?
The card will stream live on DAZN PPV in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand. More information can be found here .

The card will also stream live as part of your DAZN subscription if you're in the United Kingdom (all territories), Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Portugal and Belgium.

WHAT DEVICES ARE SUPPORTED ON DAZN?
DAZN is available on web browsers at DAZN.com (except Argentina, Chile and Colombia) and also has apps available for all of the following TV and streaming devices:

WHERE IS THE 'TANK' DAVIS VS. GARCIA FIGHT TOMORROW?
The fight will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

GERVONTA 'TANK' DAVIS RECORD AND BIO
  • Nationality: American
  • Date of birth: November 7, 1994
  • Height: 5' 5.5"
  • Reach: 67.5"
  • Total fights: 28
  • Record: 28-0 (26 KOs)
RYAN GARCIA RECORD AND BIO
  • Nationality: American
  • Date of birth: August 8, 1998
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Reach: 70"
  • Total fights: 23
  • Record: 23-0 (19 KOs)
'TANK' DAVIS VS. GARCIA FIGHT CARD
  • Gervonta 'Tank' Davis vs. Ryan Garcia; Lightweight
  • David Morrell vs. Sena Agbeko for WBA Super-middleweight title
  • Bektemir Melikuziev vs. Gabriel Rosado; Super-middleweight
  • Elijah Garcia vs. Kevin Salgado Zambrano; Middleweight
https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/box...ow-to-watch-on-dazn/8ejtkc663a3q149z3otall3dy

Davis comes off a bit nervous.

I like the energy at that face off. Damn, I’m really considering dropping that fucking money on the 1, maybe 2 fights I will manage to catch when I get back into town and flip this shit on.

I’m saying it now, I’m all in on Garcia. Faster, longer, bigger and taller, looks in fighter shaper and is fired up. They both got ice for blood on fight night but Garcia is my pick,

Garcia by KO!!!!

Tank knocks him out by no later than mid rounds. Likely with a rear hand left hook. Garcia will have a shot early, as he's the faster starter, but Tank will catch him and it'll be over.

Tank getting into it with Bernard Hopkins on the stage ffs

The UFC is streets ahead now presentationally with pre-fight etc

Boxing pressers we let every mf who owns the hotel or whatever speak from a script for 10 mins and a weigh in we get abotu 150 people on stage so you can't focus on the two guys who are going to actually fight.

Last edited:
Tank getting into it with Bernard Hopkins on the stage ffs

The UFC is streets ahead now presentationally with pre-fight etc

Boxing pressers we let every mf who owns the hotel or whatever speak from a script for 10 mins and a weigh in we get abotu 150 people on stage so you can't focus on the two guys who are going to actually fight.

It was in the Tyson era that stuff started. I don't think weigh ins in the 60s, 70s & 80s were like that.

Voted for Davis, but he looks like he had a tougher weight cut and Ryan seems pretty loose considering. Notice how quickly Gervanta got off the scale after making weight, Ryan was still chilling off to the side, loosening up, playfully shadow boxing.

Then the weak shove, even though it was probably planned, Davis' skin looked poor, like Bernard said.

Last edited:
It was in the Tyson era that stuff started. I don't think weigh ins in the 60s, 70s & 80s were like that.
Welll they only really became something for public consumption in the 90s - before that for the most part the two guys would just get on the scale in their pants surrounded by commision officials and promoters and bookies or whatever.

People rag on UFC production and in some categories in can stand to improve for sure but when you look at that standard format they use for a weigh in - held in an arena to maximise the noise, rogan on the mic with a reasonably casual but excited schtick, a few people on the stage from promotion/VIPs, that music setting the tone, hype package, each guy on stage with one or two from his camp. Its just such a better product for building anticipation for the fight.

Arguably the goofiest bit is Dana having to his whole 'step in between the two guys' thing, and the reason for that is his ego and so anyone seeing that picture knows who is promoting the fight - in Boxing we've got about 15 people swarming around trying to grab those moments, which is better for the fighters but not the presentation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back