• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Queensberry vs Matchroom 5v5: Wilder vs Zhang 6/1 2PM ET (DAZN)

Wilder probably gets smoked by Zhang at any point in his career. Just too much mass and power for him to deal with, never really seen Zhang hurt by a punch either.

The way to beat him is to just let him gas out and outpoint him in the late rounds.

I'm happy for Zhang. Who would've thought he would be in the mix of the top heavyweights a few years ago? He's funny too with what limited English he speaks.
As for Wilder, even though he was very protected and he didn't fight a lot of great competition, I can't deny his fights were entertaining. And his right hand KOs most heavyweights below the elite level. Regardless of competition he has ridiculous power. He is must see TV most of the time.
I agree with some others who say he should get an easy KO and retire.

Wow, I saw zhang fight live on the canelo card in South FL, slseened like a lazy bum lol. Wilder got smoked. He is done

Stil props to him for taking up boxing late for his daughter and have been beaten up many times, a warrior. But damn, surprised zhang beat him
Zhang was the favorite on the betting lines. No surprise at all.

He got paid handsomely, if he isn't a complete dipshit he's gonna live the rest of his life in luxury.
ain't all about money, it's also what you have to see in the mirror. Fighters have a hard time with losses, talking major depression. That's not to mention how fighters might age into the damage they incur during a career, money can't cover all of that.

ain't all about money, it's also what you have to see in the mirror. Fighters have a hard time with losses, talking major depression. That's not to mention how fighters might age into the damage they incur during a career, money can't cover all of that.
Its something you know that's possible. Winning is also hard. I'm sure you've fought right? Feels great for a bit then you're all alone and realize you gotta do it all over again.

Once wilder started fighting guys who didn't crumble from one punch he was fucked. Maybe in hindsight those guys were chinny. Fury doesn't have a granite chin but he took Wilder's shots. Parker dealt with his power though maybe wilder didn't connect on anything too clean. Zhang seems to legit have a pretty granite chin, wilder landed his straight right on him clean and zhang didn't look too bothered

Wilder probably gets smoked by Zhang at any point in his career. Just too much mass and power for him to deal with, never really seen Zhang hurt by a punch either.

The way to beat him is to just let him gas out and outpoint him in the late rounds.
Zhang's been hurt before. AJ not only beat him at the Olympics he dropped him. In the pros Juan Goode also put him down granted both of these knockdowns occurred many years ago.

Man, you've gotta love Dubois. What a gutsy performance...and a great, fun HW fight.

Not so sure about that stoppage, but I really enjoyed the fight Hrgovic looks like shit, lousy defensive technique (appearance) but dude is a killer. That right hand is fast and accurate. Definitely still a dangerous guy.

Great card top to bottom tbh... and I did NOT have high expectations for it. Pleasantly surprized.

857269-35188543.png

<BC1>

while Wilder has never been the greatest pugilist, he seems to have lost every tiny bit of technique he ever had, i think the punch is still there, he jst doesnt seem to be able to get himself in position to deliver any shots at all these days

he's made a good crust though, he had a lot of people on here and in the US conned into thinking he was a lot better than he actually was when others were very wary of his abilities outside of the big right hand, and the better fighters he has fought have all absolutely outboxing him(Ortiz, Fury, Parker and now Zhang)

he wouldnt have had a cats hell in chance against Joshua, i think both Wilder and Fury have lived off fighting each a lot these past few years when other fights they have had they have looked dreadful in, all the time avoiding the other big fighters in the division

Yeah but sometimes they get back to form. The same was said about Parker. He was supposed to be done at the elite level until he beat Wilder and then Zhang. Now he's back at the top again.
Wilder has never been elite level that’s the issue most recent fights prove it. Ortiz was the best he could manage and he was spent force as well come the 2nd fight. Wilder should have taught the big names when he was on top but he avoided them like the plague and now everyone knows why.

I said he was old insinuating he is past it.
He lost to a better fighter who was older.
Yeah being past his prime plays into his last 2 loses some, but both guys would of given him major problems even a few years back.

Wilder has never been elite level that’s the issue most recent fights prove it. Ortiz was the best he could manage and he was spent force as well come the 2nd fight. Wilder should have taught the big names when he was on top but he avoided them like the plague and now everyone knows why.
Wilder Fury 1 was like 4-5 years ago. If you think a dude in his late 30s who went through one of the roughest trilogies in the sport then was mostly inactive other than a 1- 2 second fight against a journeyman & a shutout beatdown against Parker, you are being disingenuous & not realistic.

I dont think these losses discredit his career. But I do think it adds context to him not being better than a lot of the guys he didn't fight under his reign. His inactivity and resume is still his fault though.
Definitely establishes that as a champion and career wise he is below Fury & AJ by a decent amount.

Its something you know that's possible. Winning is also hard. I'm sure you've fought right? Feels great for a bit then you're all alone and realize you gotta do it all over again.
I know loss is a bitch, that much I know and it's not something a lot of fighters are good at getting over. Wilder has had some brutal losses, the kind that can take years off the quality of a man's life. gotta give him some credit, he's shown all sorts of bravery but he just didn't have much to fight back with outside his big right hand.

He's almost the exact opposite of Dana White now. Makes fights people want to see, overpays rather than underpays his fighters, doesn't trash talk left and right...
Also, how nuts is it that a country ran by a dictative monarchy with a supreme ruler who's fight promotion is state owned & government backed was less political than the UFC last night...

We all ussually joke about the polite thanks and humble greetings everyone provides to Turki when they get on the mic. A bit over the top at times.

That pales in comparison to what the UFC has turned into for Trump. Full blown unadulterated bowing and kissing the ring of a want to be Emperor/dictator after every fight. Legit Roman collesium stuff. A giant free infomercial for Trump.

Even Khabib got in on it. Lol

Also, how nuts is it that a country ran by a dictative monarchy with a supreme ruler who's fight promotion is state owned & government backed was less political than the UFC last night...

It's because they are so authoritarian that they can actually afford to be so nice. He got a mandate to make his country look good and so he treats fans and fighters like kings, no matter what it costs them.

The UFC is run by cutthroat asshole businessmen, who only care about making money and their weird whims. From Dana loving Trump to Zuck pushing the metaverse to Disney going over the top with DEI (but not in China), it's always either greed or somebody going crazy from their ivory tower.

Back