RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Pacquiao vs Ugas RBR PPV 8/21

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure why everyone is saying it's time for Pac to retire. The dude threw over 800 punches and was not slowing down much. I definitely gave him round 11 and 10 was very close. Ugas was huge and certainly landed the cleaner shots, but Pac was not outclassed and certainly didn't look horrible. Ugas took over the mid/ late rounds but total punches landed was very close .

Boxing isn't kind to greats who overstay their welcome. If you're a fan of Manny, you do not want to see him go out like SRL/Ali/JCC/RJJr etc.

He is very clearly fighting above his optimum weightclass, and he has very clearly lost a step or two. When you were GREAT, it doesn't make sense to continue once you are just GOOD, because the fights that can pay you what you are worth are NOT going to be softballs.
There is nothing good that comes from getting your shit pushed in at the end of a long fighting career when you are going to need what's left of your brain to enjoy life and have some semblance of functionality in same.

Boxing isn't kind to greats who overstay their welcome. If you're a fan of Manny, you do not want to see him go out like SRL/Ali/JCC/RJJr etc.

He is very clearly fighting above his optimum weightclass, and he has very clearly lost a step or two. When you were GREAT, it doesn't make sense to continue once you are just GOOD, because the fights that can pay you what you are worth are NOT going to be softballs.
There is nothing good that comes from getting your shit pushed in at the end of a long fighting career when you are going to need what's left of your brain to enjoy life and have some semblance of functionality in same.

Why is that though? The business feeds prospects cans to pad their record, why can’t boxing do the same to its legends who are done with the elite but still want to get into the ring?

Unlike the NFL or NBA, for example, you can handpick opponents in boxing.

If Pac fights again it needs to be someone his own size. Size mismatches like that can make for crappy fights. Otherwise he's had a legendary career and should just take it it easy. He's done enough.

Maybe we get Pacquiao vs Tank ppv next summer lol

I scored it 115/113 for Pac. I was at my brothers and his friend was asking questions the whole fight. I suspect was also I bit biased this fight too, those rounds that were somewhat close I gave the nod to Manny. The judges were top notch and they were all in agreement. I doubt I’ll go back a score it. No point.

Why is that though? The business feeds prospects cans to pad their record, why can’t boxing do the same to its legends who are done with the elite but still want to get into the ring?

Unlike the NFL or NBA, for example, you can handpick opponents in boxing.
Because CTE is a thing, and the ability of the brain to absorb punishment diminishes with age.

Ugas is Cuban. He may be 45 for all we know.
people keep repeating this line and I don't know why. Cuba isn't poor the way Mozambique or Haiti or East Timor are. It's a pretty developed country by global standards, and has good medical and education systems. They know how to track age.

people keep repeating this line and I don't know why. Cuba isn't poor the way Mozambique or Haiti or East Timor are. It's a pretty developed country by global standards, and has good medical and education systems. They know how to track age.
Luis Ortiz is how old?

of course THEY know. I dont think many disagree with that. It is if the rest of us know. That is the question
Cuban boxers have to turn in paperwork and forms to compete in tournaments and fights. I have a very hard time believing that they're just straight up lying to the public with no discernable payoff.

there is no fucking way in hell pacman won this fight. the hell were you guys watching?

Fair decison, much as I like Pacman, he clearly lost. Should really hang em up now after a legendary career.

Back