RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Canelo vs. Berlanga 9/14 6PM ET (DAZN PPV)

That was a beatdown as expected. I didn’t score it, but I don’t think Berlanga won a single round.

Berlanga thanked Canelo for believing in him and accepting the fight and that he was his idol and that he’s the king of boxing. Canelo told him to keep his focus and active.

Not really a beat down. Was at moments but overall not very impressive from one of the alleged best fighters in the world. He should have got Berlanga out of there in 6 rounds, he is C level.

This guy was tailor made for Canelo to finally get a KO and he still went to a decision.

Still a top fighter but clearly he is no longer in his prime. There is a reason that wasn't Benavidez in there.

Canelo needed that knockout to build some confidence if he does indeed fight Bivol again. Berlanga walked himself into the corner all night long and Canelo still couldn’t hurt him.

For the record, Canelo’s last 6 fights:

- Bivol: loss
- Golovkin III: decision
- Ryder: decision
- Charlo: decision
- Munguia: decision
- Berlanga: decision

Yet people always act as though Canelo would KO the next fighter bum he fights. The guy couldn’t finish anyone to save his life. Keep that in mind when you predict his next fight.

Looking at his older fights, it makes me wonder what happened to Canelo's great combination punching and head movement. He can hurt guys with single shots but he doesn't know how to follow up on them. He lacks the power at 168 to put guys out with single shots but to me he fights like a guy who's too in love with his power. He's gotten better at getting in range and setting up single shots but lost everything else in the process.

Looking at his older fights, it makes me wonder what happened to Canelo's great combination punching and head movement. He can hurt guys with single shots but he doesn't know how to follow up on them. He lacks the power at 168 to put guys out with single shots but to me he fights like a guy who's too in love with his power. He's gotten better at getting in range and setting up single shots but lost everything else in the process.

Weight , age laziness. I have been saying he is past it for years now.

he's been fighting for 20 years. the man is only 34, but he's had 64 fights and made his debut when he was 15. fighting for that long will take a lot out of you.

shit, watch his fight against shane, when he was coming up the ranks. it's like watching a completely different guy.

he's been fighting for 20 years. the man is only 34, but he's had 64 fights and made his debut when he was 15. fighting for that long will take a lot out of you.

shit, watch his fight against shane, when he was coming up the ranks. it's like watching a completely different guy.

Yeah, he started at 147 when he was 15, he's got to be a different fighter today. His prime happened at 160 in late 2010s, also he found out later that the plodding, low-output, lumberjacking style did work pretty well against 168 pounders and stuck to it. The version of Alvarez that beat GGG and Jacobs was a sight, but it's not coming back.

He's still fun to watch, you don't get to see many craftier guys and the Munguia win is arguably his best since 2021 but there's no way on earth I'll wake up at 4 or 5 am to watch him beat up Berlangas. I'm glad I didn't today.

Weight , age laziness. I have been saying he is past it for years now.
he's an old man in fighting years
the fact that he couldnt KO Berlanga is telling
makes me wonder who he will fight next

also i will say this - im an admitted Berlanga hater. but he has a damn solid chin. i didnt think he'd be able to weather Canelo's power, especially to the body. kudos to him for making it to the final bell, even though i feel thats more due to Canelo not following up when he couldve.
Berlanga has proven he's much better than people thought he was. i dont think he beats guys at or just below Canelo's level but he's got potential to hang around the top 15s of each belt organization legitimately for a while.

also i will say this - im an admitted Berlanga hater. but he has a damn solid chin. i didnt think he'd be able to weather Canelo's power, especially to the body. kudos to him for making it to the final bell, even though i feel thats more due to Canelo not following up when he couldve.
Berlanga has proven he's much better than people thought he was. i dont think he beats guys at or just below Canelo's level but he's got potential to hang around the top 15s of each belt organization legitimately for a while.

Berlanga might not know it yet but he just got a giant target tattooed on his back. All the top fighters in and around that division that he could fight will all be looking to stop him (and thus do what Canelo couldn't).

Back